Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Advertisement
Idk about this one. Even with getting a new OC, you still need to look at what Mario prioritizes (OL, controlling the LOS, etc). Would be surprised if Mario decides to go to more of finesse style slow mesh offense. Oline need to be pass block focused 95% of the time in this offense.

He wouldn't be a bad hire at all, I just don't think it fits what Mario wants to do philosophically at Miami.

Cool stroke, brother!
oh-****.gif

Advertisement
Ruggiero's offense scores a ton of points and generates a ton of yards, which is intriguing.

But what puts him over the top is he literally does it against nearly the same schedule we play (an ACC schedule, apples to apples, proof of concept), and he did it with Wake Forest recruiting classes. There isn't a lot of projection needed here.

Can you imagine what he could do with his offense and Mario's recruits? Specifically the OL?

Yes, please.

Ruggiero's offense scores a ton of points and generates a ton of yards, which is intriguing.

But what puts him over the top is he literally does it against nearly the same schedule we play (an ACC schedule, apples to apples, proof of concept), and he did it with Wake Forest recruiting classes. There isn't a lot of projection needed here.

Can you imagine what he could do with his offense and Mario's recruits? Specifically the OL?

Yes, please.
Perfect analysis!

Yes, please.

This definitely one of the pro’s with him that can’t be ignored.

Calling it now, I’ll be wishing it was him when we end up getting whoever it will be, lol.

Advertisement
Looking at Ruggiero’s tenure as OC under Dave Clawson:

Offensive Rank -
BGU:
55th (2009)
99th (2010)
63rd (2011)
94th (2012)
29th (2013)

WF:
125th (2014)
113th (2015)
124th (2016)
17th (2017)
28th (2018)
15th (2019)
28th (2020)
11th (2021)
30th (2022)

So it appears that his offense takes 4 yrs to click, but once it clicks, it gasses. Now, on the flip side, it could argued that he’ll have access to better athletes, so it should gas immediately vs. several yr. However, as been pointed out, whoever the WRC is going to be, HAS to be a recruiter b/c I don’t believe Warren is much of a recruiter.

Furthermore, I think is all moot b/c he’s been loyal to Dave for a min, & this is an internet rumor w/ zero substance.

Looking at Ruggiero’s tenure as OC under Dave Clawson:

Offensive Rank -
BGU:
55th (2009)
99th (2010)
63rd (2011)
94th (2012)
29th (2013)

WF:
125th (2014)
113th (2015)
124th (2016)
17th (2017)
28th (2018)
15th (2019)
28th (2020)
11th (2021)
30th (2022)

So it appears that his offense takes 4 yrs to click, but once it clicks, it gasses. Now, on the flip side, it could argued that he’ll have access to better athletes, so it should gas immediately vs. several yr. However, as been pointed out, whoever the WRC is going to be, HAS to be a recruiter b/c I don’t believe Warren is much of a recruiter.

Furthermore, I think is all moot b/c he’s been loyal to Dave for a min, & this is an internet rumor w/ zero substance.
The offense starting in 2017 is completely different from the offense he had previous to that.

His whole offense was known to the entirety of college football, there was no need to keep doing this.

The offense starting in 2017 is completely different from the offense he had previous to that.

His whole offense was known to the entirety of college football, there was no need to keep doing this.

That’s true; The Slow Mesh RPO. I haven’t read through all the pages, nor did I even realize he changed his offense in 2017.

Regardless, as I stated, it’s a moot point b/c there’s zero substance behind any of this talk.

That’s true; The Slow Mesh RPO. I haven’t read through all the pages, nor did I even realize he changed his offense in 2017.

Regardless, as I stated, it’s a moot point b/c there’s zero substance behind any of this talk.
Feel the same way, I think Mario already has his guy agreed to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He would be very likely to succeed here. For each of Gattis's worst traits, Ruggiero is a polar opposite. Team player who gets along well with players and staff, excellent teacher and communicator, and among the most adaptable coaches you'll find.

Advertisement
Back