Ward to the league...or maybe not...who the **** knows...but seriously...what the **** else better do you have to do?

MOVE ON.

honestly this ish is showing why Mario isn't and won't ever be an elite coach. Can you imagine Kirby or Saban being held hostage like this? Fk the tunnel vision and move on.

Alabama isn’t playing for a natty this year and QB is a big reason why. Maybe they SHOULD have spent more resources taking care of that position. They tried to get TVD before the season.

Baby Tua was a better AB for Maryland than Milton was at Alabama (or TVD was at Miami).

So I wouldn’t look to them as some shining example of how to handle a QB search. Saban wins in spite of his QB, not because of it

Advertisement
People don't wanna realize college football under nil is VERY different from college football previously. This **** is straight mercenaries. Wild wild west free agency ****. Tons of schools had no legitimate back ups. They just in large part didn't have a mental midget who can't read defenses as their starting qb. When Tyler is on he's great. But soon as he goes against well coached defenses he's always melted down. That's his m.o. no one on here simply wanted to acknowledge it.
That would explain why he was so good in 2021 behind a weak O line. Lashlee gave him the play and his instructions were, "Don't think, just throw."

Alabama isn’t playing for a natty this year and QB is a big reason why. Maybe they SHOULD have spent more resources taking care of that position. They tried to get TVD before the season.

Baby Tua was a better AB for Maryland than Milton was at Alabama (or TVD was at Miami).

So I wouldn’t look to them as some shining example of how to handle a QB search. Saban wins in spite of his QB, not because of it
Steve Brule What GIF

People don't wanna realize college football under nil is VERY different from college football previously. This **** is straight mercenaries. Wild wild west free agency ****. Tons of schools had no legitimate back ups. They just in large part didn't have a mental midget who can't read defenses as their starting qb. When Tyler is on he's great. But soon as he goes against well coached defenses he's always melted down. That's his m.o. no one on here simply wanted to acknowledge it.
I can think of one.

Advertisement

I mean it was
a weird example to use. Saban went hard after TVD last offseason so his evaluation was ****. Then they rode with Milton until he cost them the Texas game. They bench him and nearly lose to USF the following Saturday when their backups look worse than FSU’s.

Meanwhile Baby Tua WAS part of that team but they said no thanks and he transferred to Maryland. He’s better than Milton. Another **** evaluation.

They would have beat Michigan and played for/won tge natty this year if baby tua was still on that team.

Yall give Saban a lot of credit and rightfully so, but in this particular example he ****ed up their QB situation and it cost them

Good thing Mario hitched his wagon to TVD then

With OCs and QBs, Mario is **** near 100% for making the wrong decisions

Advertisement

The problem with qb is that it’s an extremely difficult position to project.
Saying that Bama didn’t put resources into the position is short sighted considering level they’ve recruited at qb. Pretty sure almost all of them are 5 stars.
The recent years have produced nfl caliber qb’s from national ****le winners. But history shows that this is actually the exception and not the rule. Getting drafted doesn’t mean your nfl caliber. Best part about AJ McCaron’s arm was the wife he has under it. His back to back chip’s didn’t translate well at all.

Saban has a lot of titles. Only 3 qb’s are in the league and 2 of those were in the same team. The 3rd not doing so well.
Ohio state has had a string of first rounders and the qb that won their last title never made the league cause he couldn’t throw.
How Manny titles has mister USC got despite turning out first rounders. And the dude he hand picked to follow him to SoCal is now in the portal.
Even Riley can’t bat .1000

If you have a stacked team you need someone that’s just good enough. Alabama has a problem in the oline and not at qb imo. Yes they recruited the **** out of that position but my question is are they being coached?

Alabama is suffering from coaching at all positions minus db if you ask me.
Saban is riding the wave of recruiting and the wave of the coaching staffs he’s had going back to when Kirby was there.
Miami had the same thing going back in the day.
The coaching tree at um from 1983-2000 is just plain ridiculous. Once that well dried up it has been slim pickings with wins and championships as well as recruiting.
Saban has had so much turnover in the coaching department the last few years that even his talent acquisition can’t keep up.

There is a possibility this kid can out of football completely in a year or two. QBs are on a short *** leash, especially lower picks. Giving up guaranteed millions and not coming back for another year is beyond foolish, but when you make your bed you gotta lay in it. **** em

Saying that Bama didn’t put resources into the position is short sighted considering level they’ve recruited at qb. Pretty sure almost all of them are 5 stars.
The recent years have produced nfl caliber qb’s from national ****le winners. But history shows that this is actually the exception and not the rule. Getting drafted doesn’t mean your nfl caliber. Best part about AJ McCaron’s arm was the wife he has under it. His back to back chip’s didn’t translate well at all.

Saban has a lot of titles. Only 3 qb’s are in the league and 2 of those were in the same team. The 3rd not doing so well.
Ohio state has had a string of first rounders and the qb that won their last title never made the league cause he couldn’t throw.
How Manny titles has mister USC got despite turning out first rounders. And the dude he hand picked to follow him to SoCal is now in the portal.

If you have a stacked team you need someone that’s just good enough. Alabama has a problem in the oline and not at qb imo. Yes they recruited the **** out of that position but my question is are they being coached?

Saban is riding the wave of recruiting and the wave of the coaching staffs he’s had going back to when Kirby was there.
The coaching tree at um from 1983-2000 is just plain ridiculous. Once that well dried up it has been slim pickings with wins and championships as well as recruiting.
Saban has had so much turnover in the coaching department the last few years that even his talent acquisition can’t keep up.

Bama has made the CFP in 8 of the 10 years it’s been in effect, and one of the years they missed it, the missed it barely. I’m not sure that qualifies as talent acquisition falling off.

Advertisement
I can think of one.
All I can say is I've said SINCE 21 he's not at all the qb that this fan base thought he was and that he had alot of things to keep working on. The one thing I will say he did get noticeably better on was his ability to hit consistently on intermediate routes. His problems popped up when he was asked to throw over the middle of the field primarily. That's where qbs either make their marks or they get exposed.

All I can say is I've said SINCE 21 he's not at all the qb that this fan base thought he was and that he had alot of things to keep working on. The one thing I will say he did get noticeably better on was his ability to hit consistently on intermediate routes. His problems popped up when he was asked to throw over the middle of the field primarily. That's where qbs either make their marks or they get exposed.
I never bought the first round hype but the one thing I will say in his defense is he never got the same OC to start a season. I know people clamor to that 25:6 without any context but learning a different offense every offseason is rough.

Good thing Mario hitched his wagon to TVD then

With OCs and QBs, Mario is **** near 100% for making the wrong decisions
Right... & if he didn't you obviously would've been one of the many people who came in here and spewed nothing but positivity with Tyler leaving for bama or notre dame. You clearly would've gave Mario credit and said thank God we moved on... #cutitout

Advertisement
I never bought the first round hype but the one thing I will say in his defense is he never got the same OC to start a season. I know people clamor to that 25:6 without any context but learning a different offense every offseason is rough.
Yeah well you know what would've justified that s the reason for his downfall? It's called learning how to read a defense. It's called finally progressing through your reads. He did the same things here from day 1 that he did all the way through the end of this season. That's not on an oc.

Yeah well you know what would've justified that s the reason for his downfall? It's called learning how to read a defense. It's called finally progressing through your reads. He did the same things here from day 1 that he did all the way through the end of this season. That's not on an oc.
I was called a mope when I said that 2 years ago. Well played.

There are cracks in the Alabama armor, and people aren't really wanting to see it because of what Saban has accomplished in the past. They aren't falling off a cliff the way Miami did after its run in the early 2000's, but they're over the hill and it's more of a slow downward slide from the top that's well behind them. Nick Saban himself is over the hill and on the slow downward slide. He's not what he used to be, and you can see it in his team and on himself on the sideline during the big games where he just looks lifeless anymore. A Nick Saban team from 15 years ago would absolutely wreck that Michigan team they just lost to.

Nick Saban is the greatest coach of all time, I hate to admit that but it's true. But Father Time is undefeated, and like Steve Spurrier or Bobby Bowden before him, it looks like he'll stick around for Alabama's decline.

And I really think that Nick Saban from 15 years ago, if the portal and NIL was a thing, would have been at the forefront of it taking every advantage. They wouldn't settle for Milton, they would be out there bringing in some portal stud.

Advertisement
Back