Coaching Want a winning coach? Sit back, watch LSU'S HC search and learn

Advertisement
Based on reading TD, their list appears to be

Napier
Aranda
Lane
Jimbo

I think they'll throw some money at Fickell and make him an offer but of the above, I think the top 3 are most likely.

I wish that the administration would put as much heart and soul into the athletic program as we fans do.

As of now those are the guys I’ve heard but like I said if it gets to a point where O’Brien and Brady don’t want it guys like Napier ,Tucker and those type guys will be lining up on bent knees begging for the job…
Imagine overlooking a guy that's been tearing it up as a HC at the G5 level for the last 3 years for a guy that's struggling as an OC in the NFL.

Baffling.

Advertisement
They did this last time and ended up with Orgeron. Everyone knew it would end this way but no one thought it would have a natty sprinkled in there. Sure they want to win but it’s proven that winning coaches rarely leave their current situation and none were willing to go to LSU last time.

But in hind sight, and very little of his own doing, that was arguably a top 5 most talented team in the history of CFB. With the best QB in CFB that year. Larry Coker vibes.

Significant difference between Coker and Orgeron is that Orgeron should get partial credit for rebuilding that LSU team (recruiting, bringing in key transfers, coaching staff hires). They certainly had some talent when Miles got canned 4 games into the 2016 season but it wasn't 15-0 talent. And Joe Burrow wasn't thought to be some generational talent when he transferred to LSU. He was heartbroken that he got rejected by Scott Frost when he wanted to transfer to Nebraska . Frost thought his third string QB was still better than Burrow. Coker was handed the most talented team in CFB history and just had to stay out of the way.

Heard they’re gonna go for Jimbo
If they do it will go against everything I have heard from everyone I know.Jimbo passed A LOT of people off last time including Woodward with the way he handled things.If he even gets a text message I’ll be surprised along with a few big boosters I know..

Advertisement
No way Fisher leaves A&M for a lateral. A&M has more money than LSU and they are spending it, too.
While I agree A&M is a cash cow, there is no way you can call that a lateral move. LSU is top 3 in the country, IMO. The phaggotry at A&M is reason enough to leave. Stuck back in the 1940's with that cornball crap.

Advertisement
While I agree A&M is a cash cow, there is no way you can call that a lateral move. LSU is top 3 in the country, IMO. The phaggotry at A&M is reason enough to leave. Stuck back in the 1940's with that cornball crap.
I'll buy that if you went to UT Austin.

Advertisement
I'll buy that if you went to UT Austin.
LOL, nah, I don't do well around progressives. I have been to both A&M and LSU for night games. That was enough. Maybe top 3 is a stretch, nobody will convince me A&M is on LSU level though. They have more fans for baseball games than we have for football games, ha.

People need to stop overrating and sucking off the SEC. LSU with all their so called resources aren't the powerhouse many are making them out to be.
Saban wasn't a bigtime hire when they got him.
Neither was Miles who backed into a title game with 2 losses.
We've had better coaches, teams, players and more titles than them.

Advertisement
Back