Walton @ UGA

Ima be real real right now

Playing college ball in a place OTHER than this Cuban cesspoll they call Miami is A++++

The feel of a Athens is awesome. Georgia on it's own kills this ****** state (Minus the chongas on the beach)

Totally agree.

If I were a big time recruit and was not a UM fan, I could easily see myself at UGA. Athens is a really cool town, beautiful campus, etc.

Haven't been to too many college towns, eh? Athens ain't anything special. You know what is actually unique about it? All the redneck legit racists you encounter if you drive more than 15 mins away from campus. Oh wait, that's actually common to the entire SEC so save me the "campus life" bs if you're talking about a minority kid from Miami.

Man not trying to be funny but as minority there's no area that's "racism" proof. Let's not pretend as if Miami and the state of Florida doesn't have a dark history that's not too long ago.
You're crazy. Miami was never like rural Georgia. Not even close.

Advertisement
image.jpg

Ima be real real right now

Playing college ball in a place OTHER than this Cuban cesspoll they call Miami is A++++

The feel of a Athens is awesome. Georgia on it's own kills this ****** state (Minus the chongas on the beach)

Totally agree.

If I were a big time recruit and was not a UM fan, I could easily see myself at UGA. Athens is a really cool town, beautiful campus, etc.

Haven't been to too many college towns, eh? Athens ain't anything special. You know what is actually unique about it? All the redneck legit racists you encounter if you drive more than 15 mins away from campus. Oh wait, that's actually common to the entire SEC so save me the "campus life" bs if you're talking about a minority kid from Miami.

Man not trying to be funny but as minority there's no area that's "racism" proof. Let's not pretend as if Miami and the state of Florida doesn't have a dark history that's not too long ago.

Okay... If you say so... Please its only recruiting but let's not try to turn this into a social issue... Man there were places in Broward County that blacks couldn't reside in up until the late 80's and depending on the location the 90's(or was made difficult to reside in certain areas). You may not be aware of the social prejudices that took place so let's not argue... Believe me every state has its dark history... I mean this entire country does... Racism is not a good subject to bring up because you want a kid to attend your school...

And this is coming from someone who was raised in Florida and traveled to GA my entire life. I don't even like the state of GA.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

Okay... If you say so... Please its only recruiting but let's not try to turn this into a social issue... Man there were places in Broward County that blacks couldn't reside in up until the late 80's and depending on the location the 90's(or was made difficult to reside in certain areas). You may not be aware of the social prejudices that took place so let's not argue... Believe me every state has its dark history... I mean this entire country does... Racism is not a good subject to bring up because you want a kid to attend your school...

And this is coming from someone who was raised in Florida and traveled to GA my entire life. I don't even like the state of GA.

You sound like a reasonable dude even if we disagree on this so here's a serious reply:

We as a fanbase are all too often criticized as a whole. We're never given credit on a national level for what we are though- the most diverse racial and socio-economic fanbase not only in college sports but perhaphs in all of sports. This is where the $EC and southern schools in general get a pass. Walk the parking lots at SunLifeless on Saturday and tell me you get anything similar in diversity that you'll get at a Georgia or an Alabamy or an Ole Miss. Sure, racism is everywhere but there are gradients too and if you don't think that traveling off campus in Athens is more of a hotbed for it than a kid rolling through Pembroke Pines then we can't really have a debate about this.

Just to be clear here too, I don't think these are end-all be-alls for a kid to go or not go to a school. But to start talking about campus and community life in comparison to Miami then we have a right to bring it up.

You sound like a reasonable dude even if we disagree on this so here's a serious reply:

We as a fanbase are all too often criticized as a whole. We're never given credit on a national level for what we are though- the most diverse racial and socio-economic fanbase not only in college sports but perhaphs in all of sports. This is where the $EC and southern schools in general get a pass. Walk the parking lots at SunLifeless on Saturday and tell me you get anything similar in diversity that you'll get at a Georgia or an Alabamy or an Ole Miss. Sure, racism is everywhere but there are gradients too and if you don't think that traveling off campus in Athens is more of a hotbed for it than a kid rolling through Pembroke Pines then we can't really have a debate about this.

Just to be clear here too, I don't think these are end-all be-alls for a kid to go or not go to a school. But to start talking about campus and community life in comparison to Miami then we have a right to bring it up.
Yankees are most diverse in sports. We def are number 2 rho

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back