Walton is a stud

Advertisement
While we are on RB's did anyone catch the quick shuffle step Choc put on the defender on one of his three or four carries?

Choc looked better to me on Sat than he ever has before. I hope it's a sign that he's turned the corner.

Not to be a downer, but don't try and draw too much from this game. The OL open huge holes and every RB looks great anytime we play an FCS school.

For comparisons sake:

Walton vs. BC 2015: 10 for 85, 8.5 ypc, 1 TD
Walton vs. BC 2017: 16 for 148, 9.3 ypc, 2 TD

Choc vs. BC 2015: 8 for 77, 9.6 ypc, 1 TD
Choc vs. BC 2017: 3 for 25, 8.3 ypc, 0 TD

We'll have a better idea of what we've got after playing a couple real teams.

Advertisement
Not to be a downer, but don't try and draw too much from this game. The OL open huge holes and every RB looks great anytime we play an FCS school.

For comparisons sake:

Def trying to be a downer

For comparisons sake:

Professional mark walton hater

Im scared AF of him getting injured.

Rams his head into the defender every **** play... we dont need that vs bethune

This.

Way too many direct hits from a crappy squad for my liking. And way too many carries for what should have been a preseason warm up. If they continue to rely on him and he keeps delivering and taking blows, it will catch up to us at the season's end, when it matters most.

Advertisement

For comparisons sake:

Just shooting ya straight Brock

I wish I could combine Walton's shiftiness with the speed & power of Homer.

Walton is patient & shifty which can lead to some good runs waiting for the hole to develop, but a lot of short runs when he waits too long to hit the hole He's still too much East-West & too many jump cuts to the point where he has little forward momentum for me. He's not afraid to make contact, but he usually gets stood up by defenders when he makes contact - he doesn't run through them or push them back. You can see on his long run where he ran across the field and got caught by the BC DB, he just doesn't have much speed. I'd prefer a RB who can heads to the end zone and finishes off that run, but speed isn't Walton's game.

Homer hits the hole hard and delivers a huge blow. He was knocking defenders back and running through them. Looks like his limitation is going to be he makes one cut and runs as fast/hard as he can straight forward. Not much shiftiness in his game, just one cut & hit it, so he'll probably leave some yards on the field by not being a change of direction guy. But I like his speed/power/physicality.

Both are good/solid RB's - but the Heisman talk is a bit much.

Homer does not have more power than Walton.

Walton runs like a guy who's 220+. Defenders literally bounce off of him.

Advertisement
That defender that supposedly hawked Walton down after he zigged and zagged through the defense is 40+ pounds lighter than Walton.

If you wanna see a good indication of his speed then watch his first TD run, where he was a 1-on-1 with a defender in the open field and swiftly out-ran him around the corner.

For comparisons sake:

Just shooting ya straight Brock

Walton should be the last person you should want to hate on... he has been through so much

That defender that supposedly hawked Walton down after he zigged and zagged through the defense is 40+ pounds lighter than Walton.

If you wanna see a good indication of his speed then watch his first TD run, where he was a 1-on-1 with a defender in the open field and swiftly out-ran him around the corner.

Walked him out

Advertisement

He didn't "supposedly" hawk him down, he did hawk him down. And we're supposed to assume Walton is fast, but a BC DB is going to be even faster just because he's 165 lbs?

Walton is great using his quickness in 5-10 yard bursts, he just doesn't have much long speed.

I just wish we had a RB with enough speed to take an upfield angle and at least try to outrun the Defense vs. taking the cross field angle Walton did.

Walton BC.jpg

He didn't "supposedly" hawk him down, he did hawk him down. And we're supposed to assume Walton is fast, but a BC DB is going to be even faster just because he's 165 lbs?

Walton is great using his quickness in 5-10 yard bursts, he just doesn't have much long speed.

I just wish we had a RB with enough speed to take an upfield angle and at least try to outrun the Defense vs. taking the cross field angle Walton did.

View attachment 49812

He was going to take the green path but he saw #7 and tried to run away from him too.

Talk to me about the goal line play.

Im scared AF of him getting injured.

Rams his head into the defender every **** play... we dont need that vs bethune

This.

Way too many direct hits from a crappy squad for my liking. And way too many carries for what should have been a preseason warm up. If they continue to rely on him and he keeps delivering and taking blows, it will catch up to us at the season's end, when it matters most.

there is ONE thing for sure, beyond measure, that richt screwed up in this game and that was

WHY the **** was walton still in the game in what was it? The 2nd series of the 3rd quarter

that alone made me wanna put richt on notice, the **** is WRONG with you man?

Walton is a average back puts up good numbers against average defenses but check his numbers against top defenses and he his average at best

Advertisement
Back