Walton is a stud

I know it was BC but he runs with a passion and has some incredible balance/power. He looks a little faster this year as well. I watched Penn State game and they played Akron who sucks as well and I can tell you right now that Walton is more complete than Barkley who is touted as a Heisman favorite.

I like Walton, but Barkley's on a different planet.

Yep, Barkley is so special. He's going to kill at the next level.

Barkley is a monster, I wasn't that high on him but being that big and the way he can scoot is top 10 pick

Advertisement
Walton takes too many hits. He will not last on the next level if he makes it. I hope he learns to preserve his body.

Walton takes too many hits. He will not last on the next level if he makes it. I hope he learns to preserve his body.

As has been mentioned, Walton is tough as nails. He has also shown to be durable and can do everything a rb is asked to do. Run, catch, block and blitz pickup. I see him having a very good career at the next level as he is still developing.

Advertisement
Walton is not going to wow you. But the man is dependable he don't fumble he runs hard. And he is a nightmare for linebackers in the passing game. He'll be a 4th round or later sleeper. And he'll outwork his comp for carries

He seems primed to take the next step this season.

I don't want to see him get ran down on big runs like the one he broke. Should have been a TD. But that's me just nitpicking. He does a lot well and is a complete back.

I don't want to see him get ran down on big runs like the one he broke. Should have been a TD. But that's me just nitpicking. He does a lot well and is a complete back.

He should have changed the football to his other hand used the one he had the ball in his hand as a stiff arm

Advertisement

I agree with you. And if he runs the way he ran in the 1st quarter on Saturday, he won't last this season without getting injured. He was looking to deliver blows and was lowering his shoulder and trying to run "through" guys on every run.

I know he was amped up because it was the first game, but that style ain't going to work against the big boys---not for 12 games. He's tough, but he needs to run smarter than he ran early in Saturday's game.

I wish I could combine Walton's shiftiness with the speed & power of Homer.

Walton is patient & shifty which can lead to some good runs waiting for the hole to develop, but a lot of short runs when he waits too long to hit the hole He's still too much East-West & too many jump cuts to the point where he has little forward momentum for me. He's not afraid to make contact, but he usually gets stood up by defenders when he makes contact - he doesn't run through them or push them back. You can see on his long run where he ran across the field and got caught by the BC DB, he just doesn't have much speed. I'd prefer a RB who can heads to the end zone and finishes off that run, but speed isn't Walton's game.

Homer hits the hole hard and delivers a huge blow. He was knocking defenders back and running through them. Looks like his limitation is going to be he makes one cut and runs as fast/hard as he can straight forward. Not much shiftiness in his game, just one cut & hit it, so he'll probably leave some yards on the field by not being a change of direction guy. But I like his speed/power/physicality.

Both are good/solid RB's - but the Heisman talk is a bit much.

Walton is not going to wow you. But the man is dependable he don't fumble he runs hard. And he is a nightmare for linebackers in the passing game. He'll be a 4th round or later sleeper. And he'll outwork his comp for carries

If he keeps averaging 6.5 to 9.5 yards per carry, He'll go much higher than the 4th round. He can catch, and his pass blocking is outstanding. Mark looked good! Folks are starting to give him some serious looks, but I think he rapes FSU this year! He runs like Le'veon Bell, and you can tell he watched film on him this offseason.

Advertisement

If he keeps averaging 6.5 to 9.5 yards per carry, He'll go much higher than the 4th round. He can catch, and his pass blocking is outstanding. Mark looked good! Folks are starting to give him some serious looks, but I think he rapes FSU this year! He runs like Le'veon Bell, and you can tell he watched film on him this offseason.

I think 4th round is a good prognostication maybe upper 3/low 2nd. However i think he will play for 12-15 years in the NFL barring any type of significant injury. Isn't the most gifted athletically, but more than enough of an athlete to play at that level for sure. I think his make up and how he works will endear him to any squad, and then watch him cover on the KO unit like a champ, or as the gunner on Punt team.

Like i've stated in the past, i was very critical of Walton last year until i got to see him in the bowl game. That was when i realized just what he is and does for our team. He is the very definition of football player and we should appreciate having him.

It was only BCU but Walton definitely looked more patient and waited for the holes to open up. I remember last year wishing Walton had Yearby's vision & patience to find the holes. Also, Walton looked like he was on a mission to hurt someone on BCU the way he finished off runs lowering his shoulder.
As for his long run, he cut back to the middle of the field where there were less defenders, unfortunately those defenders he was trying to avoid caught him from behind. Walton just doesn't have Break Away Speed.

I wish I could combine Walton's shiftiness with the speed & power of Homer.

Walton is patient & shifty which can lead to some good runs waiting for the hole to develop, but a lot of short runs when he waits too long to hit the hole He's still too much East-West & too many jump cuts to the point where he has little forward momentum for me. He's not afraid to make contact, but he usually gets stood up by defenders when he makes contact - he doesn't run through them or push them back. You can see on his long run where he ran across the field and got caught by the BC DB, he just doesn't have much speed. I'd prefer a RB who can heads to the end zone and finishes off that run, but speed isn't Walton's game.

Homer hits the hole hard and delivers a huge blow. He was knocking defenders back and running through them. Looks like his limitation is going to be he makes one cut and runs as fast/hard as he can straight forward. Not much shiftiness in his game, just one cut & hit it, so he'll probably leave some yards on the field by not being a change of direction guy. But I like his speed/power/physicality.

Both are good/solid RB's - but the Heisman talk is a bit much.

Advertisement
Mark runs angry. Not the best vision, but he makes up for it with tenacity.

Homer is a nice 2nd string option to have. He is tough and has the burst to move the chains.

22 is faster than he is. That's never going to change no matter how much Walton improves his game.

Walton is what happens when a kid with a winner's mentality is placed into a winning culture. He has a chip on his shoulder and is ready to win. You saw it with Coley and Njoku last year, too.

Advertisement
Back