Waiting on N'kosi Perry

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
Richt was on WQAM this morning and said there's a good chance he names a leader at QB after Spring but they're waiting on Perry to come in this summer and "see what he can do." Seems like this one could go all the way to the Fall.

Advertisement
Richt was on WQAM this morning and said there's a good chance he names a leader at QB after Spring but they're waiting on Perry to come in this summer and "see what he can do." Seems like this one could go all the way to the Fall.

Not sure why this is surprising. They've been repeating this for weeks.

Advertisement

Not sure why this is surprising. They've been repeating this for weeks.

I didn't believe it before. I didn't think they would bring a freshman in during the summer and start him. Apparently, they might.

I look at it the other way. Richt has said only that competition would go into fall, previously. Now he says there will be a leader after spring, and that Perry will get a look. Probably just semantics, but that reads to me like Rosier is the legit leader at the position currently, making fewer mistakes and executing the offense like numerous articles have pointed to.

I look at it the other way. Richt has said only that competition would go into fall, previously. Now he says there will be a leader after spring, and that Perry will get a look. Probably just semantics, but that reads to me like Rosier is the legit leader at the position currently, making fewer mistakes and executing the offense like numerous articles have pointed to.

The feeling I get is that if Perry picks up the offense and makes few mistakes then he's the guy.

Advertisement
I'm guessing Rosier also, but who knows. One thing is for sure, someone will be looking to transfer after it's all done! May the best QB win.

The feeling I get is that if Perry picks up the offense and makes few mistakes then he's the guy.

More likely IMO is that Perry was promised a chance to compete during his recruitment. Naming a starter before he gets on campus would be going against that. I think Richt will know who he will start by the end of Spring, but won't announce it until Perry at least has a chance to show what he has. I personally doubt that Perry will show enough when he first steps on campus to win the job.

More likely IMO is that Perry was promised a chance to compete during his recruitment. Naming a starter before he gets on campus would be going against that. I think Richt will know who he will start by the end of Spring, but won't announce it until Perry at least has a chance to show what he has. I personally doubt that Perry will show enough when he first steps on campus to win the job.

This actually makes the most sense. Great input.

Advertisement
Doubt he names a leader. 2 will emerge from the Spring and those 3 will compete in the fall.

With our first two games against Bethune and Arky State, I would not be surprised to see us use four QBs over those two games - Rosier, Weldon, Perry, and Allison. ****, maybe Sherrifs too. Think of them like NFL preseason games for our new QBs. They're games we should win by 30+ with anyone on this board under center, and I'm guessing the coaches will use fall camp plus live action game film from those two games to name a starter for FSU.

With our first two games against Bethune and Arky State, I would not be surprised to see us use four QBs over those two games - Rosier, Weldon, Perry, and Allison. ****, maybe Sherrifs too. Think of them like NFL preseason games for our new QBs. They're games we should win by 30+ with anyone on this board under center, and I'm guessing the coaches will use fall camp plus live action game film from those two games to name a starter for FSU.

In listening to Pete's interview on Alex Donno's show yesterday, it actually sounded like the only issue with Sherrifs is the long throws whereas Rosier is innacurate and Allison has issues with his decisions.

Advertisement
They'll be rotating to QBs to start the season.

Unless we're blowing someone out and it's the backup in the late 2nd quarter, 3rd, etc., this is trouble. Never been a fan of rotating QB's. If we don't have a 100% for sure starter by Game 1, I'll be nervous.

I don't believe Richt is a believer in 2 QB's playing. I don't believe he has ever done that before.

They'll be rotating to QBs to start the season.

Unless we're blowing someone out and it's the backup in the late 2nd quarter, 3rd, etc., this is trouble. Never been a fan of rotating QB's. If we don't have a 100% for sure starter by Game 1, I'll be nervous.

We'll be blowing people out for the first two games. I would guess a "real" starter is named before FSU, and I'd wager they stick with him after that unless something catastrophic happens. Remember, after FSU we get Toledo, Duke on the road, GT at home, and Syracuse at home before traveling to UNC. IMO, even if all we do is hand off to Walton, eat clock, and let the defense take care of business we can win 6 of our first 7 games without a lot of drama.

Personally I expect a fall camp "battle" with each QB getting reps and most likely Rosier to be named the game 1 starter against Bethune. I expect Rosier to start for the 1st half against BCC and then at least 2 other QBs rotate in the 2nd half once we're up by 3 scores. Rinse and repeat for Arky St - if one of the young cats is outplaying Rosier by then, he'll get more reps. Between fall camp and that live action game film, Richt will name an FSU starter, whether it's Rosier or one of the young guys. I think he sticks with whoever he names vs. FSU hopefully through the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Back