Waiting on N'kosi Perry

With our first two games against Bethune and Arky State, I would not be surprised to see us use four QBs over those two games - Rosier, Weldon, Perry, and Allison. ****, maybe Sherrifs too. Think of them like NFL preseason games for our new QBs. They're games we should win by 30+ with anyone on this board under center, and I'm guessing the coaches will use fall camp plus live action game film from those two games to name a starter for FSU.

I hope that isn't the case. Richt needs to name a starter and let him get those two games of actual experience (lower comp, but still game experience) so he can be as ready as possible for FSU. Have a feeling we'll play them twice this year, but I still don't know if I can take another year of listening to their **** fans talk about the streak.

Also, rotating QBs in and out in games willy nilly is not as simple as you seem to be saying. Look at almost every team who has done this (with Leak/Tebow being the only exception I can think of), and you see it was a clusterfck and severely hurt the team's season. Teams look to the QB as a leader, often THE leader, as well as needing consistency to build chemistry and maintain some rhythm. So if we're playing musical chairs at QB in real games (no matter the competition) all the way up to the FSU game, I promise you we will get embarrassed in Tallahassee on national television.

Not trying to be overly argumentative or anything, just speaking from years of watching CFB. We need to decide who the guy is before the season and stick with it unless he just absolutely falls flat on his face.

as the saying goes...if you have 2 QB's you don't have a QB.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back