Waiting on N'kosi Perry

Richt was on WQAM this morning and said there's a good chance he names a leader at QB after Spring but they're waiting on Perry to come in this summer and "see what he can do." Seems like this one could go all the way to the Fall.

Not sure why this is surprising. They've been repeating this for weeks.

I didn't believe it before. I didn't think they would bring a freshman in during the summer and start him. Apparently, they might.

Didn't Kaaya do that? Or was he an EE? I don't remember tbh.
Kaaya enrolled in May of 2014. Would Perry be coming in May or in June?

Advertisement
From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of separation yet.

A tie would probably go to Rosier because of his in-game experience, but if they believe in N'Kosi I could easily see a platoon.

I get this feeling that if Perry picks up the offense and doesn't make a lot of mistakes that he'll be the guy. No one else is doing enough and none, except for Weldon, are Richt's guys.

This. I'm reading between the lines here since there's no definitive answer on who's going to start but it looks like Fall is going to be the battle of "whoever plays best in the spring vs. N'Kosi Perry". Another spring, another season of mediocre quarterback play where nobody can separate themselves from the pack.

who Richt names leader out of the spring might be good indication what happens in the Fall. If it's Rosier I think it will be difficult to unseat him barring some injury. Any other guy, and I think it will remain wide-open in the Fall.

They'll be rotating to QBs to start the season.

Unless we're blowing someone out and it's the backup in the late 2nd quarter, 3rd, etc., this is trouble. Never been a fan of rotating QB's. If we don't have a 100% for sure starter by Game 1, I'll be nervous.

We'll be blowing people out for the first two games. I would guess a "real" starter is named before FSU, and I'd wager they stick with him after that unless something catastrophic happens. Remember, after FSU we get Toledo, Duke on the road, GT at home, and Syracuse at home before traveling to UNC. IMO, even if all we do is hand off to Walton, eat clock, and let the defense take care of business we can win 6 of our first 7 games without a lot of drama.

Personally I expect a fall camp "battle" with each QB getting reps and most likely Rosier to be named the game 1 starter against Bethune. I expect Rosier to start for the 1st half against BCC and then at least 2 other QBs rotate in the 2nd half once we're up by 3 scores. Rinse and repeat for Arky St - if one of the young cats is outplaying Rosier by then, he'll get more reps. Between fall camp and that live action game film, Richt will name an FSU starter, whether it's Rosier or one of the young guys. I think he sticks with whoever he names vs. FSU hopefully through the rest of the season.

I think that the staff will NOT name a starter before the FSU game and try to force them to prepare for multiple options. Will it be a runner, will it be a drop-back, spread option, OMG!????

Advertisement
They'll be rotating to QBs to start the season.

Unless we're blowing someone out and it's the backup in the late 2nd quarter, 3rd, etc., this is trouble. Never been a fan of rotating QB's. If we don't have a 100% for sure starter by Game 1, I'll be nervous.

We'll be blowing people out for the first two games. I would guess a "real" starter is named before FSU, and I'd wager they stick with him after that unless something catastrophic happens. Remember, after FSU we get Toledo, Duke on the road, GT at home, and Syracuse at home before traveling to UNC. IMO, even if all we do is hand off to Walton, eat clock, and let the defense take care of business we can win 6 of our first 7 games without a lot of drama.

Personally I expect a fall camp "battle" with each QB getting reps and most likely Rosier to be named the game 1 starter against Bethune. I expect Rosier to start for the 1st half against BCC and then at least 2 other QBs rotate in the 2nd half once we're up by 3 scores. Rinse and repeat for Arky St - if one of the young cats is outplaying Rosier by then, he'll get more reps. Between fall camp and that live action game film, Richt will name an FSU starter, whether it's Rosier or one of the young guys. I think he sticks with whoever he names vs. FSU hopefully through the rest of the season.

I think that the staff will NOT name a starter before the FSU game and try to force them to prepare for multiple options. Will it be a runner, will it be a drop-back, spread option, OMG!????

That is another advantage, though not a huge one. I just think with the group of QBs we have and Perry not arriving till May, the coaches will want as long a look as possible before the FSU game.

The only logical conclusion is that Cade Weldon will be named the starter in the fall

Advertisement
Rick has been saying that since Perry signed. He's keeping all options open, and he's keeping Perry motivated to study the playbook. Every coach in the world would say the exact same stuff publicly when there's an open QB competition. How can he pitch it as an open competition to his players if he's telling the media that Perry is already out of it?

In reality, Perry stands almost no chance of being the starter in the first game. It's a lot to ask a guy to beat out a veteran at QB in a month of practice. He could work his way up the depth chart quickly and get game reps. If those game reps show that he's the best option to win games then he could eventually take the job.

Chise with the voice of reason.

We are not even close to the crisis we had when Kaaya joined the team. Baby Olsen had just been kicked off the team, Williams had torn his ACL., and Heaps proved erratic and unreliable. Despite all that, I am convinced our record was not improved and Kaaya's career was harmed because we rushed him. We should have started Heaps that first game or two and had Williams take over afterwards so Kaaya could be worked more slowly into the system. But since Coley had no system, they said "what the ****". *** and his promotional leadership.

Rosier, Shirreffs and Allison are all better options than the two TFs. Maybe not from a potential and athleticism perspective. But QBs can just as easily lose games as win them, and Richt wants a system manager. It will be one of those three, not Weldon or Perry.

Richt was on WQAM this morning and said there's a good chance he names a leader at QB after Spring but they're waiting on Perry to come in this summer and "see what he can do." Seems like this one could go all the way to the Fall.

Breaking news...

Advertisement
With our first two games against Bethune and Arky State, I would not be surprised to see us use four QBs over those two games - Rosier, Weldon, Perry, and Allison. ****, maybe Sherrifs too. Think of them like NFL preseason games for our new QBs. They're games we should win by 30+ with anyone on this board under center, and I'm guessing the coaches will use fall camp plus live action game film from those two games to name a starter for FSU.

I hope that isn't the case. Richt needs to name a starter and let him get those two games of actual experience (lower comp, but still game experience) so he can be as ready as possible for FSU. Have a feeling we'll play them twice this year, but I still don't know if I can take another year of listening to their **** fans talk about the streak.

Also, rotating QBs in and out in games willy nilly is not as simple as you seem to be saying. Look at almost every team who has done this (with Leak/Tebow being the only exception I can think of), and you see it was a clusterfck and severely hurt the team's season. Teams look to the QB as a leader, often THE leader, as well as needing consistency to build chemistry and maintain some rhythm. So if we're playing musical chairs at QB in real games (no matter the competition) all the way up to the FSU game, I promise you we will get embarrassed in Tallahassee on national television.

Not trying to be overly argumentative or anything, just speaking from years of watching CFB. We need to decide who the guy is before the season and stick with it unless he just absolutely falls flat on his face.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perry will rape.......watch that 15 minute long highlight tape and come back n realize y MR is waiting.

From what I've seen, there isn't a ton of separation yet.

A tie would probably go to Rosier because of his in-game experience, but if they believe in N'Kosi I could easily see a platoon.

U already know Kosi gun rape these dudes just say it [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION].................I been agreed with pete Nkosi will win this job hes too good

Breaking news...

Thank you, ****dork4. Good to see you following me from thread to thread now.

Keep in mind Richt stated in the interview that it isn't that crazy for TF to come in may and start. Said signed players get a form of the playbook and can have limited contact with the coaches, for coaches until he arrives. Leader will be named at the end of spring, starter by 2nd-3rd week of fall camp. ��

Advertisement
Back