2025 Waden Charles [2025] 4* WR from Boynton Beach [Commits to Canes]

Advertisement
Advertisement
His comments are weird, one of the interviews he said that hes being "shown love" and being made a "priority" from other schools. Comes off as if he feels he should be praised more by us or maybe feels slighted a bit. Just a weird vibe especially since our coaching staff is kinda good at this recruiting thing and i doubt they arent making him feel like a priority..

No one closer to this one than me. He is exploring options and rightfully so. Facts are the staff hasn't made him a priority with the way they are recruiting him

I dont disagree with what Dmoney wrote. My point was simply that if Mario wants the young man, he will keep him. And if he doesn’t want him, he won’t be in the class.
images.jpeg

Advertisement
No one closer to this one than me. He is exploring options and rightfully so. Facts are the staff hasn't made him a priority with the way they are recruiting him
He has to be pretty far down the list of evals if the staff isn't making him a priority currently?

I guess this is the best way to handle it. Let him know early on so he can get comfortable with another school.

Then if we miss out on our top targets we can circle back with him and he can decide again if Miami is where he wants to be.

Better than being strung along as a commit and then get dropped last minute when we hit our higher targets and he's forced to scramble and find a decent landing spot.

Glad this narrative got out early.

Now when he decides to go to UGA, the locals can say “hey, in Jan’24 Miami wasn’t recruiting me hard enough” when Miami is “playing catch-up” in October heading into the stretch run.

On an unrelated note, I’ll keep saying it….

Spend LESS TIME recruiting South Florida.

Between the poor coaching, poor HS culture, and the delusion that High School football was invented in South FL…the majority of these kids flop in college.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And why wouldn’t they be making him a priority? Thought this kid was pushing for a 5th star.

My man I stopped guessing why our staff does certain things long ago. The fact is Mario is a recruiting savant so my preferences and being critical are just that. As a side note this kid is about as anti south Florida mentality as any kid down here. I want him in this class but if you guys were him you would be checking options too...

Advertisement
My man I stopped guessing why our staff does certain things long ago. The fact is Mario is a recruiting savant so my preferences and being critical are just that. As a side note this kid is about as anti south Florida mentality as any kid down here. I want him in this class but if you guys were him you would be checking options too...

I know he’s not a South Florida Diva.

I wasn’t trying to imply that, so I’ll cleanup my post to transition to another thought.

Can we define what “show me love” means?

Jamie French
Cortez Mills
Dallas Wilson
Vernell Brown
Joshua Moore
Tyler WIlliams
Jayvan Boggs
Waden Charles

still working thru the group of WR's.

How many will Miami take this year? 4?

DMoney dropped the WR board earlier this week. Charles is a **** good ball player but if they got him at 7/8th on their board & other schools got him in their top 3 why wouldn’t he look? The difference you get NIL wise for being a top priority is worth it alone. It will workout for everyone involved

Advertisement
Back