VT vs UM

Status
Not open for further replies.
We quit again. Pathetic fcking team. Getting pushed around and manhandled and just taking it.

Yeah this game has completely made me lose faith in the direction of the program. It's not because we lost but how we lost. We got not just out coached, but it was a clinic out there.

I said before this game on the football board that if we come out not emotionally ready it's a telling indictment of the HC. We quit again tonight. Guys can harp on scheme all night, but when you get manhandled by a shtty offense all night it's a pride issue. And when your team has no pride it's a direct reflection of the HC.

You are very prophetic, you said and it has happened. It was a beat down and the head coach needs to answer for it, notwithstanding talent the players could not tackle, guys were wide open all night, real effort was lacking, and very painful to the Cane fan.

Advertisement
STEMO sucks. He will not be drafted... way to go from 1st round to UFA, you 2 star POS

Our offensive numbers are better this year.
Mainly because of Duke. Fisch's play calling was questionable but his skills as a QB coach were second to none.

Yeah cuz he made the Jags QBs amazing this year....second to none...please man. I like Fisch too but Morris' numbers were identical to this year. You should ok it up.

Now the defense....idk we have some bums who are mentally shot. Tired of naming guys cuz they are canes through and through but ****.
I knew someone would bring the Jags up. I should've said a college QB coach.

Point I'm making is look at the numbers we were actually slightly worst under Fisch. And Morris has the same percentage as last year. I don't think think Fisch is bad coach. I don't think coley is any worst. The QB they coached has a ceiling of 60% with poor mechanics.
That's fair and it's kind of silly that we're even discussing the offense. 24 points should have been plenty to beat VT.

We quit again. Pathetic fcking team. Getting pushed around and manhandled and just taking it.

Yeah this game has completely made me lose faith in the direction of the program. It's not because we lost but how we lost. We got not just out coached, but it was a clinic out there.

I said before this game on the football board that if we come out not emotionally ready it's a telling indictment of the HC. We quit again tonight. Guys can harp on scheme all night, but when you get manhandled by a shtty offense all night it's a pride issue. And when your team has no pride it's a direct reflection of the HC.

You are very prophetic, you said and it has happened. It was a beat down and the head coach needs to answer for it, notwithstanding talent the players could not tackle, guys were wide open all night, real effort was lacking, and very painful to the Cane fan.

Are u guys blind? We were fired up until our freshmen fumbled the game away on back2back plays.

Advertisement
STEMO sucks. He will not be drafted... way to go from 1st round to UFA, you 2 star POS

lol to even try to put the blame on Stephen Morris this game is laughable, i cant wait for UM start a new era at QB either but he wasnt even in the top 3 of who deserves more blame for how this game turned out.

They wanted it more than we did. Guys can blame D'Onofrio all they want, but that's always what fans do. They blame the QB and the coordinators. This **** is on Golden.

Are u guys blind? We were fired up until our freshmen fumbled the game away on back2back plays.

Yeah, we were very fired up. You dnt remember that huge run by coley

Advertisement
Mainly because of Duke. Fisch's play calling was questionable but his skills as a QB coach were second to none.

Yeah cuz he made the Jags QBs amazing this year....second to none...please man. I like Fisch too but Morris' numbers were identical to this year. You should ok it up.

Now the defense....idk we have some bums who are mentally shot. Tired of naming guys cuz they are canes through and through but ****.
I knew someone would bring the Jags up. I should've said a college QB coach.

Point I'm making is look at the numbers we were actually slightly worst under Fisch. And Morris has the same percentage as last year. I don't think think Fisch is bad coach. I don't think coley is any worst. The QB they coached has a ceiling of 60% with poor mechanics.
That's fair and it's kind of silly that we're even discussing the offense. 24 points should have been plenty to beat VT.

I'm with you. I don't think Coley is getting any head coaching offers anytime soon. But 24 on VaTech is impressive. Our D and special teams....well. Still try a figure out how I feel about that.

If you quit after two mistakes in the 1st quarter, then you're a fake anyway. It's fake emotion and fake toughness. And that's the HC's fault.

Even if you believe this defense doesnt have talent, you mean to tell me Duke has more talent?... you dont need elite talent to stop Virginia Tech. WTF

Even so, D'onofrio is even more to blame for not having the "talent" he does need b/c he cant recruit anyway and hasnt brought in any one since he's been here.

Preface: D'Onofrio has proven to be terrible. No argument from me.

However, our D lacks a lot of talent. We're trotting out graduate transfers that were on the brink of retiring from the game and non-starters at other programs. We're also playing low-end BCS and MAC level players on the front seven. I'm not going to **** on them, because there is clearly a ceiling for each and they hit it a long time ago, but we do not have Miami caliber players in the front seven. Look at the FSU front seven. Four and five stars all over the place. That is what we need to get back to, and until we do, we aren't going to get to a nationally relevant level.

lol to even try to put the blame on Stephen Morris this game is laughable, i cant wait for UM start a new era at QB either but he wasnt even in the top 3 of who deserves more blame for how this game turned out.

ok, zone... I'll bite... Where does our offense retardation fall on? While I think the whole O SUCKED, the captain of the O didnt do anything for the last 28 minutes... give me your insight.

Advertisement

Totally different issues, but the players should have been taught not to fumble when they are in the open field, this is not high school. IMO. its part of being fully ready to play in the game. Don't think you can blame Stemo, he had a lot of passes dropped and did not turn the ball over. he didn't get a lot of help tonight and put 24 should have been 31 against 3rd rated defense.

Even if you believe this defense doesnt have talent, you mean to tell me Duke has more talent?... you dont need elite talent to stop Virginia Tech. WTF

Even so, D'onofrio is even more to blame for not having the "talent" he does need b/c he cant recruit anyway and hasnt brought in any one since he's been here.

Preface: D'Onofrio has proven to be terrible. No argument from me.

However, our D lacks a lot of talent. We're trotting out graduate transfers that were on the brink of retiring from the game and non-starters at other programs. We're also playing low-end BCS and MAC level players on the front seven. I'm not going to **** on them, because there is clearly a ceiling for each and they hit it a long time ago, but we do not have Miami caliber players in the front seven. Look at the FSU front seven. Four and five stars all over the place. That is what we need to get back to, and until we do, we aren't going to get to a nationally relevant level.

When your coaches suck, you need a big talent edge. We don't have that, so we get our asses kicked by good/decent teams.

Funny thing is Morris is probably the best qb we've had since Brock Berlin and that's like 10 years ago. KyleWright Freeman Marve Jacory and Morris when will we finally have a stud back there like a Cam Newton Jameis Winston type of player

Advertisement

If you quit after two mistakes in the 1st quarter, then you're a fake anyway. It's fake emotion and fake toughness. And that's the HC's fault.

At what point did the team quit in your eyes? Cuz I didn't see that part. They got down couldn't get stops and our deficiencies were exposed.
I saw guys still fighting to get back in the game but couldn't make that extra play to turn the corner. We also forced a few fumbles that guys couldn't recover. So once again IMO I didn't see a team that laid down.

ok, zone... I'll bite... Where does our offense retardation fall on? While I think the whole O SUCKED, the captain of the O didnt do anything for the last 28 minutes... give me your insight.

The receivers dropped one play after the other.... Morris hits Coley for a TD and Hurns for a TD. Walford dropped multiple plays that couldve kept the chains moving and so did Waters.

Even so, the game was over when this defense allowed VT to score over 40 points. the first 2 turnovers by STs still shouldnt have lead to 2 automatic touchdowns. VTs offense was still in a position to be stopped.

So tired of watching this team played scared the past 11 years...this is Miami hurricanes.... You go for the throat each and every play..you make people beat you... You have attitude and swagger..you have heart... You don't get a fckinng trophy for participation ...

You don't try to out wit your opponent you beat him into submission.....if you lose doing the above I will always be your fan no matter the win loss record...

I loved 1996.... Ryan clement days.. They wernt very good but they had heart.. They didn't give up in the 1st quarter...lately first sign of adversity and they turtle...

At what point did the team quit in your eyes? Cuz I didn't see that part. They got down couldn't get stops and our deficiencies were exposed.
I saw guys still fighting to get back in the game but couldn't make that extra play to turn the corner. We also forced a few fumbles that guys couldn't recover. So once again IMO I didn't see a team that laid down.

The lack of tackling shows a lack of will to bring the player to the ground, we weren't good enough to play the way we did and expect anything but a beat down, you have to start with the headman he is responsible. I am not saying in any way he should be fired, but he certainly is to be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back