VT vs UM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
ok, zone... I'll bite... Where does our offense retardation fall on? While I think the whole O SUCKED, the captain of the O didnt do anything for the last 28 minutes... give me your insight.

The receivers dropped one play after the other.... Morris hits Coley for a TD and Hurns for a TD. Walford dropped multiple plays that couldve kept the chains moving and so did Waters.

Even so, the game was over when this defense allowed VT to score over 40 points. the first 2 turnovers by STs still shouldnt have lead to 2 automatic touchdowns. VTs offense was still in a position to be stopped.

How about the multiple overthrows? I agree that this loss is not just on him, but his performance has deservedly pushed him into the third day of the draft. I guarantee we will not near his name for any meaningful snaps in the NFL unless it is A Buffalo Bills (everyone hurt) situation.

Morris isnt going to be perfect but I saw more missed opportunities caused from drops that were more critical.... even so 8-14 3rd down conversions allowed, even though they had 11 penalties, and had the ball for 2/3 of the game again.

The defensive problems are the main problem w/ this team and the DC coordinator is the #1 reason.

Don't disagree, but I want to put a line in the sand with Mel Kiper's preseason idea of SMo as an NFL QB. He is unreliable, and I am willing to lose money if you prve me wrong. I give him 2 years and a 2x1 payoff. I guarantee $300 he will be nothing, put up $150 to prove me wrong.

I like you as a poster, so this is not personal. But this dude is terrible, as a Dolphins fan I would be ****ed if we got him in the 5th round.

And, I make this bet with you and D$... 2 posters I respect beyond belief! Either of you want to take this bet?

I said before this game on the football board that if we come out not emotionally ready it's a telling indictment of the HC. We quit again tonight. Guys can harp on scheme all night, but when you get manhandled by a shtty offense all night it's a pride issue. And when your team has no pride it's a direct reflection of the HC.

You are very prophetic, you said and it has happened. It was a beat down and the head coach needs to answer for it, notwithstanding talent the players could not tackle, guys were wide open all night, real effort was lacking, and very painful to the Cane fan.

They wanted it more than we did. Guys can blame D'Onofrio all they want, but that's always what fans do. They blame the QB and the coordinators. This **** is on Golden.

Its on Golden if he doesnt sh*t can Donforio. Im sick of defending that guy. No pressure on LT all game. Our blizes are a joke. Our LBs are totally clueless in coverage. I mean LOST. Same plays over and over again and wide open, we cannot cover anything out of the back field or on a crossing route. I mean NOTHING. 550 yards of offense given up to a 3 loss team. This wasnt FSU we just played. This guy has NO answer for the same thing over and over that every OC in the country has figured out. And isnt he also the LB coach? There isnt a single LB on this team that can cover to save their lives. And DP is the only one that can even read a play, the other two are so clueless they take themselves out of the play as soon as the ball is snapped.

Terrible LB coach, and totally overmatched as a DC. Our "improvment" was playing a bunch of garbage teams to start the year. At this rate, our D will be down in the 70s range by the end of the season. 110 last year and in the 70s this year should get ANY DC fired at this level. Im sorry.

I DO believe that we probably lost this game because of all the Special Teams disasters. I mean that was a 21 point swing right there. But our defense couldnt stop them at ALL. I mean on the field ALL game again becuaes they cannot stop a 3rd down. This is simply NOT cutting it against even decent teams.

This D is not playing at an even decent level. This was absolutely embarassing. We were just totally run over.

I will also say it AGAIN, after all the sh*t Ive taken, this OL is a MAJOR disappointment IMO. This unit is HUGE and should be steamrolling teams. 3 Sacks tonight against SM. And we had what 30 yards rushing? I understand we dont have Duke, but 30 yards rushing? Really? Penetration allowed on almost EVERY play. Or Tackles get blown back off th ball right into the pocket. On that busted screen play, they all got up and pulled and NO ONE even put a pad on any of the DL. They just let them race straight into the backfield to get SM. There is NO excuse for an experienced OL like that to not even be able to execute a f*cking screen pass. Mediocre OL, Mediocre DL. Terrible LBs (save for DP), mediocre safties, and a scheme that cant seem to stop the same play over and over and over for weeks now.

Our talent is mediocre, but its not that mediocre. The coaching on this team is not where it needs to be.

This right here. Playing with more emotion isn't gonna change the fact that in 3 games Logan Thomas is completing 72% of his passes against us. The guy is a career 55 percent passer. Simple throws are wide open every game. If people really think its as simple as wanting it more then I don't know what to say. We are at a disadvantage with this scheme. Either players can't learn it or we can't teach it. Whatever the reason the **** has to change.

You're aware that it's Golden's defense right? It's all on the HC.

You are very prophetic, you said and it has happened. It was a beat down and the head coach needs to answer for it, notwithstanding talent the players could not tackle, guys were wide open all night, real effort was lacking, and very painful to the Cane fan.

They wanted it more than we did. Guys can blame D'Onofrio all they want, but that's always what fans do. They blame the QB and the coordinators. This **** is on Golden.

Its on Golden if he doesnt sh*t can Donforio. Im sick of defending that guy. No pressure on LT all game. Our blizes are a joke. Our LBs are totally clueless in coverage. I mean LOST. Same plays over and over again and wide open, we cannot cover anything out of the back field or on a crossing route. I mean NOTHING. 550 yards of offense given up to a 3 loss team. This wasnt FSU we just played. This guy has NO answer for the same thing over and over that every OC in the country has figured out. And isnt he also the LB coach? There isnt a single LB on this team that can cover to save their lives. And DP is the only one that can even read a play, the other two are so clueless they take themselves out of the play as soon as the ball is snapped.

Terrible LB coach, and totally overmatched as a DC. Our "improvment" was playing a bunch of garbage teams to start the year. At this rate, our D will be down in the 70s range by the end of the season. 110 last year and in the 70s this year should get ANY DC fired at this level. Im sorry.

I DO believe that we probably lost this game because of all the Special Teams disasters. I mean that was a 21 point swing right there. But our defense couldnt stop them at ALL. I mean on the field ALL game again becuaes they cannot stop a 3rd down. This is simply NOT cutting it against even decent teams.

This D is not playing at an even decent level. This was absolutely embarassing. We were just totally run over.

I will also say it AGAIN, after all the sh*t Ive taken, this OL is a MAJOR disappointment IMO. This unit is HUGE and should be steamrolling teams. 3 Sacks tonight against SM. And we had what 30 yards rushing? I understand we dont have Duke, but 30 yards rushing? Really? Penetration allowed on almost EVERY play. Or Tackles get blown back off th ball right into the pocket. On that busted screen play, they all got up and pulled and NO ONE even put a pad on any of the DL. They just let them race straight into the backfield to get SM. There is NO excuse for an experienced OL like that to not even be able to execute a f*cking screen pass. Mediocre OL, Mediocre DL. Terrible LBs (save for DP), mediocre safties, and a scheme that cant seem to stop the same play over and over and over for weeks now.

Our talent is mediocre, but its not that mediocre. The coaching on this team is not where it needs to be.

This right here. Playing with more emotion isn't gonna change the fact that in 3 games Logan Thomas is completing 72% of his passes against us. The guy is a career 55 percent passer. Simple throws are wide open every game. If people really think its as simple as wanting it more then I don't know what to say. We are at a disadvantage with this scheme. Either players can't learn it or we can't teach it. Whatever the reason the **** has to change.

You're aware that it's Golden's defense right? It's all on the HC.

I'm aware. I said it in another thread. I'm sure Al believes in what hes doing and takes pride in it. I will be shocked if we make any changes but its big boy football. AL needs to look in the mirror and say my scheme isn't working at Miami and need to make a change.

I'm aware. I said it in another thread. I'm sure Al believes in what hes doing and takes pride in it. I will be shocked if we make any changes but its big boy football. AL needs to look in the mirror and say my scheme isn't working at Miami and need to make a change.

I agreed with you in that thread. He has to decide quickly if he really wants to ride with this defensive scheme.

Advertisement
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back