VT-Pitt

Ur trying to tell me Justin Fuente is a better coach than Richt? This is dang near the same VT team and dang near the same Miami team. The difference are coaches. This VT team looks way different than last year and we still look like a FCS team. Smh.

the difference is evans
Yes fuente is a better coach. Evans is a product of fuente. That Memphis team that he had rolling and beating Ole Miss was no fluke. The guy is a solid coach and will get better.

Maybe Fuente will do better at VT than Richt will do at Miami but Richt had the better resume last year. Honestly Fuente's resume before Va Tech was pretty similar to Golden's resume before Miami, where he took an awful team in an awful conference to respectability within 3-4 years but could never really get over the hump to making them the top in the conference.
You do realize Memphis won their conference in 2013 and beat a team much better than them in ole miss. Those are two things golden never did, and I don't believe Richt did within the last 5 or so years. So no Richt's resume was not better.

Advertisement
You numbskulls realize that Pitt takes pressure off its OL with all the deception they use in their offense right? Watchung Pitt's diverse offense and then watching our Pee Wee offense makes me sick.

Dude get it through your thick head. Miami's offensive line, as a unit, is horse shtt. We have zero game changers at RB and the QB is very average. MR calls the offense accordingly. How hard is it to understand. Stop trying to convince us all through magic that this offense has anything of value to add. Why are you so fixated on MR and your perception that you know more than him. We all get it, you're ****ed that this years team isn't very good. You expected more even when facts told you otherwise.

Syracuse, with a first year coach, lit up VTech for 560 yards
Pitt did very very well tonight

Guess they are loaded with high end talent, even though they don't get near the level of recruits Miami gets

Pitt beat Penn St.
Penn St. beat Ohio St.
I gues Narduzzi is a better coach then Meyer?

Besides being ridiculous, what does any of that have to do with putting up yards/points on defenses?

The idiot crew is trying to stretch that "transitive property (X beat Y and Y beat Z so X is better than Z) is ineffective" argument to statistics now to protect Rick's busted offense. That **** doesn't apply to stats. Otherwise, why bother even keeping them?

Idiot crew: "Syracuse and Pitt put a ton of yards and points on VT, but that doesn't mean we should have moved the ball better on them or scored more than 16 with inarguably better players because I heard someone use the transitive property argument once."

The idiot crew is trying to stretch that "transitive property (X beat Y and Y beat Z so X is better than Z) is ineffective" argument to statistics now to protect Rick's busted offense. That **** doesn't apply to stats. Otherwise, why bother even keeping them?

Idiot crew: "Syracuse and Pitt put a ton of yards and points on VT, but that doesn't mean we should have moved the ball better on them or scored more than 16 with inarguably better players because I heard someone use the transitive property argument once."

So you DO want to apply the transitive property?

USF scored 45 points on Syracuse. Notre Dame scored 50. UConn scored 24.

Virginia Tech? 17. Fuentes for Life.

You numbskulls realize that Pitt takes pressure off its OL with all the deception they use in their offense right? Watchung Pitt's diverse offense and then watching our Pee Wee offense makes me sick.

Exactly. Good offensive coaches scheme around their team's weaknesses.

Darling, McDermott, St Louis were all national recruits. Isadora and Linder were solid prospect themselves. Kaaya was a preseason 1st round pick by everyone.

There are a ton of coaches around the nation doing a lot more with a lot less or equal talent.

Listening to the blithering idiots on here you'd think we have Wake Forest level talent.

Pitt doesn't even recruit in the same stratosphere we do. They have a Tennessee washout at QB. And their offense lit Pud Foster up. Same guy these morons thought was some sort of wizard.

People are starting to repeat the "our OL isn't as talented as we thought" mantra and folks are starting to believe it. One guy mis-evaluated? Sure, I can buy that. All of them? That strains credulity and doesn't pass the ol' AU sniff test. Are they ill-suited for the type of plays we run? That is arguable, perhaps, but that they are not talented? Nah.

Advertisement
I don't know why it has to be one or the other. Our OL is clearly sub par (anyone with working vision can see that) but the play calling is not helping. It only exacerbates the problem by putting them in a position to fail.

We don't have big maulers nor do we have that athletic of linemen. They have no strengths as a unit. Take off your rose colored glasses and realize this team isn't that talented.

We don't have big maulers nor do we have that athletic of linemen. They have no strengths as a unit. Take off your rose colored glasses and realize this team isn't that talented.

Al Golden has taught you well.

Advertisement

This. They had an OL score on a running play. Misdirection... Diverse.... Creativity....

richt needs to take the oline out to a nice steak dinner. then flip the table over right when they bring out the steaks and put them on the table and say "you want steak, you better ******* block". followed by a silent walk out.

Exactly. Good offensive coaches scheme around their team's weaknesses.

Darling, McDermott, St Louis were all national recruits. Isadora and Linder were solid prospect themselves. Kaaya was a preseason 1st round pick by everyone.

There are a ton of coaches around the nation doing a lot more with a lot less or equal talent.

Listening to the blithering idiots on here you'd think we have Wake Forest level talent.

Pitt doesn't even recruit in the same stratosphere we do. They have a Tennessee washout at QB. And their offense lit Pud Foster up. Same guy these morons thought was some sort of wizard.

People are starting to repeat the "our OL isn't as talented as we thought" mantra and folks are starting to believe it. One guy mis-evaluated? Sure, I can buy that. All of them? That strains credulity and doesn't pass the ol' AU sniff test. Are they ill-suited for the type of plays we run? That is arguable, perhaps, but that they are not talented? Nah.

Our collection of national recruits coincidentally all suck at the same time.

We had the same "problem" with our DL the last few years. Now, all the dycks who were killing our DL as overrated slobs are claiming they never did that and knew all along how talented they were.

Advertisement
My favorite part about Feuntes' play calling was having his backup QB run the ball into the defense on 3rd down with 27 seconds left when Pitt had no more timeouts.

My favorite part about Feuntes' play calling was having his backup QB run the ball into the defense on 3rd down with 27 seconds left when Pitt had no more timeouts.

I agree that was mind boggling. If Va Tech had fumbled on the last play and lost as a result that would have been hilarious.

Advertisement

My favorite part is he has put up 500+ yards in back to back games vs Power 5 opponents. Outside a game played in a monsoon, he's broke 400 every game.

Richt and Miami have yet to break 365 yards and is averaging 339 ypg. Even with the monsoon game VT is at 447 ypg

My favorite part is he has put up 500+ yards in back to back games vs Power 5 opponents. Outside a game played in a monsoon, he's broke 400 every game.

Richt and Miami have yet to break 365 yards and is averaging 339 ypg. Even with the monsoon game VT is at 447 ypg

Wait, the smug asssshole who defends Richt to his death now criticizes a coach who leads the division AND beat Richt by 21? LMAO. Flawless logic...

Advertisement
Back