VJ Edgecombe 5* SG from Long Island (via the Bahamas)

Saw his announcement on ESPN last night.

Montverde beat Prolific Prep. Featured #1 players in 2024, 2025 and 2026. First time ever.

Advertisement
Quietly one of the most bizarre things to happen on here. Kid goes from unknown that we get word on here to one of top prospects in world in less than 8 month period and us not really even being involved. Have post asking if he can dunk when he is thought of as one of most explosive players :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Jakai most likely gone, gets no PT and passed up by younger guys
I was surprised he came back last season. Even more surprised he stayed for 2023-24. We have more than our share of "mis-evaluations" recently with high school recruits. Close to a half dozen over the past five years -- Jovanovich, Aire, Timberlake, Jakai, and maybe Casey, Watson and Nwoko as well. Gak and Miller before this group.

Last edited:
Yea thought i could will that one in.

As he kept rising the possibility went less n less.
Had we essentially treated him as a local recruit (which he essentially is) maybe chances wouldve been higher. They LOVED the Baylor ov and were leans from that point.
I've been to Waco and it would be on the bottom of any conceivable list I can imagine. Maybe he and his family are Baptists.

Advertisement
Yea thought i could will that one in.

As he kept rising the possibility went less n less.
Had we essentially treated him as a local recruit (which he essentially is) maybe chances wouldve been higher. They LOVED the Baylor ov and were leans from that point.
Not your fault, obviously. Hope he kills it out there.

A little odd that the young man would choose Baylor. Drew is a scumbag, and has had that reputation for a while. That said, I wish him well, and I hope he finds success.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back