VJ Edgecombe 5* SG from Long Island (via the Bahamas)

Advertisement
Exactly. Easiest situation for his family to see him play.
what i sold.

But like stated the big dogs circle and then him being up there in nyc who knows the agendas of the folks around him daily. Ya have "handlers" an all type of peeps pop up at times like this.

He doesnt have any fam in Nyc.

All of his fam is within a 15-30min flight to Miami. We are from the closest island to Miami.

We should be in it str8 thru, ST JOHNS has another bahamian on roster to..AJ STORR.

what i sold.

But like stated the big dogs circle and then him being up there in nyc who knows the agendas of the folks around him daily. Ya have "handlers" an all type of peeps pop up at times like this.

All of his fam is within a 15-30min flight to Miami. We are from the closest island to Miami.

We should be in it str8 thru, ST JOHNS has another bahamian on roster to..AJ STORR.

I spent a month every summer in the Bahamas growing up. Best place and people in the universe.

I hope VJ appreciates that and isn’t too drawn in by the bright lights… but I understand if he wants something different (old story - you often can’t appreciate what you had/have without trying something different). Whatever happens I wish the young man the absolute greatest success.

what i sold.

sooooooo you're saying there's a chance.

what i sold.

Apologies if you've already discussed this here but do you know how he ended up at Long Island Lutheran? Lutheran's always been a basketball "factory" for really good players but .... it's a long way from home. There'a a couple even better prep schools for HS hoopers right in Florida -- IMG and Monteverde come to mind.

Didn't Storr (I really like his game) announce at one point he was leaving SJU via the Portal? Did Pitino turn him around?

Advertisement
what i sold.

I liked our chance before you brought up AJ. L has failed twice to recruit AJ, once out of HS and again earlier this year as a transfer.

Apologies if you've already discussed this here but do you know how he ended up at Long Island Lutheran? Lutheran's always been a basketball "factory" for really good players but .... it's a long way from home. There'a a couple even better prep schools for HS hoopers right in Florida -- IMG and Monteverde come to mind.

Didn't Storr (I really like his game) announce at one point he was leaving SJU via the Portal? Did Pitino turn him around?

AJ transferred to Wisconsin this off-season.

I liked our chance before you brought up AJ. L has failed twice to recruit AJ, once out of HS and again earlier this year as a transfer.
I'm happy our staff appreciated AJ's skill set and tried twice. Be interesting to know what made the difference for Wisconsin.

Advertisement
what i sold.

Pitino cleaned house, sent almost everyone packing. Only leftover is our Center, Soriano.

AJ was an All Big East Freshman last year. He transferred to Wisconsin.

With that said, can someone please explain why you guys were not alllll over RJ Luis? Pitino snatched him up, and he is getting 2nd round projections.

He played one season at UMASS. Kid is from Miami.

Pitino cleaned house, sent almost everyone packing. Only leftover is our Center, Soriano.

With that said, can someone please explain why you guys were not alllll over RJ Luis? Pitino snatched him up, and he is getting 2nd round projections.

L wanted the ship so he could land Bethea. J/k. Honestly, it seems we only target grad transfers after landing Cleveland.

Advertisement

Without getting into details, because I really don't like to bad mouth kids or their families, but there's a lot of baggage that comes with RJ. Not a bad kid, just surrounded by unrealistic people.

Without getting into details, because I really don't like to bad mouth kids or their families, but there's a lot of baggage that comes with RJ. Not a bad kid, just surrounded by unrealistic people.

Thank you. I appreciate the reply.

Much respect for prefacing the reply that way. I get it.

Always wondered what would prevent the local schools from going after him. This makes sense.

I’d imagine SJU did their research on him. May sound crazy, but Pitino has been preaching high character kids, and that being a prerequisite to playing for him. That, and of course being able to shoot. LOL.

Maybe Rick thinks he turned a corner or those factors won’t impact him in NY.

Who knows. I haven’t heard anything bad about him as a UMASS player or anything.

Maybe it’s just a change of scenery that he needed.

Thank you. I appreciate the reply.

Much respect for prefacing the reply that way. I get it.

Always wondered what would prevent the local schools from going after him. This makes sense.

I’d imagine SJU did their research on him. May sound crazy, but Pitino has been preaching high character kids, and that being a prerequisite to playing for him. That, and of course being able to shoot. LOL.

Maybe Rick thinks he turned a corner or those factors won’t impact him in NY.

Who knows. I haven’t heard anything bad about him as a UMASS player or anything.

Maybe it’s just a change of scenery that he needed.

Pitino is a lot of things - including an exceptional basketball coach - but he is not, has never been, and will never be, a character first coach.

Advertisement
Who gives a ****? Winning matters. The rest is for fans to discuss.

Pitino couldn’t have said it any better.

As a counter example, Larranaga views it a little differently. He says - with 100% sincerity - that his first job is to teach his players to be good and successful human beings. He also believes that higher character players surrounded by positive influences make better teammates and help build a more cohesive, resilient, and ultimately more successful team.

Anyway all this is because you asked why “you guys” (Miami and L) were not all over RJ.

Advertisement
Back