VJ Edgecombe 5* SG from Long Island (via the Bahamas)

Advertisement
Just a side note that’s funny abt Flagg. Duke posted a photo with Flagg showing off their trophies in comparison to UConn’s. In that photo Duke supposedly put two runners up trophies from games they lost to UConn.
Funny thing is there's still lots of folks who think Flagg will end up at UCONN and do think that's still a possibility. People telling me it's Duke are high up the food chain and are rarely off when they give me scoops. Time will tell, I guess.

Lot of buzz of him and Flagg joining forces at dookieville.

They both officialed to Duke together.

Right now, VJ is on an OV to SJ. His family also made the trip up. He is at a Rod Wave concert at Barclay's with the team (pic posted on the SJ board).

12776521-5B95-4323-B85F-CDFF611026F9.png

I hear money aint an issue with us, so if he doesn't come, it's not NIL...

Have you heard anything new about VJ and Duke?

Last edited:
Advertisement
They both officialed to Duke together.

Right now, VJ is on an OV to SJ. His family also made the trip up. He is at a Rod Wave concert at Barclay's with the team (pic posted on the SJ board).

View attachment 265686

I hear money aint an issue with us, so if he doesn't come, it's not NIL...

Have you heard anything new about VJ and Duke?
Looks like it's coming down to Duke and SJU. Lots of chatter it's Duke, but VJ's HS coach is doing all he can to push him to St. John's.

Looks like it's coming down to Duke and SJU. Lots of chatter it's Duke, but VJ's HS coach is doing all he can to push him to St. John's.

Jay David, makes lots of sense. He is VJs coach at LUHI, and is rumored to be joining Pitino's staff in some capacity.

I know mom made the trip up with his brother so hopefully they are enjoying the trip. Wish my Johnnies well against Michigan tonight as he will be present for the game.

Hopefully Duke loses twice this week - once to ZONA, and again to us. Then you all can smash them in ACC play! That is my vision, lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would love to land VJ. That being said, it’s too late in the game. We’re have enough perimeter players. I’ve left off Pack/Wooga (assuming they get drafted)

In no particular order:

Cleveland (assuming he returns)
Bens
Watson
George
Bethea
Swartz
Jakai
Johnson-Arigu

Focus is probably two transfer bigs at this point

Last edited:
Would love to land VJ. That being said, it’s too late in the game. We’re have enough perimeter players. I’ve left off Pack/Wooga (assuming they get drafted)

In no particular order:

Cleveland (assuming he returns)
Bens
Watson
George
Bethea
Swartz
Jakai
Johnson-Arigu

Focus is probably two transfer bigs at this point
Jakai most likely gone, gets no PT and passed up by younger guys

Advertisement
Kinda heartbroken here, especially with Prop Joe being so close to him.
Yea thought i could will that one in.

As he kept rising the possibility went less n less.
Had we essentially treated him as a local recruit (which he essentially is) maybe chances wouldve been higher. They LOVED the Baylor ov and were leans from that point.

Glad he ended up at Baylor. Kid is one and done, projected as high as three in some mock drafts.

Advertisement
Back