VJ Edgecombe 5* SG from Long Island (via the Bahamas)

Advertisement
@King of Allapattah comments in the Recruiting Thread

Not trending well for the good guys on VJ. He's got some big time options going on at this point. His bag is going to be heavy!!

Absolutely, Coach L and staff would want him. Pretty sure he's #1 on their board. Just not sure if we're gonna be able to get him in the fold. Doesn't matter who has him ranked where. The word is officially out on VJ and he's the #1 guy on just about everyone's board. Blue bloods, pro teams, agents, etc. Everyone's circling. Would be the biggest get in program history IF they were able to snatch him up.

Advertisement
if you’re going to be bringing the same energy to the hoops board
We'll see. Lot fewer recruits to track in basketball. For now, we've got the 24 recruits with upcoming visits covered so hoping we're good for a while. @TheOriginalCane asked for a table for 25 recruits so I'll probably add that also at some point.

Someone tell me why a Bahamian would not have UM at the top of their list of schools? Gotta be the best lifestyle and cultural fit.

1695322657997.png

Advertisement
Someone tell me why a Bahamian would not have UM at the top of their list of schools? Gotta be the best lifestyle and cultural fit.

Some Bahamians want a change of scenery. Others can’t imagine long dreary days in concrete jungles.

If VJ loves Bahamas life as much as I do, he’s a UM lock… but I don’t know that to be the case.

Some Bahamians want a change of scenery. Others can’t imagine long dreary days in concrete jungles.

If VJ loves Bahamas life as much as I do, he’s a UM lock… but I don’t know that to be the case.
Of course. None of us knows his situation. Maybe he's got a load of family in NYC, or wherever. Or, as you say, just wants a change of scenery. On the face of it though, there is so much "adjustment" all college frosh have to deal with -- distance from home, snow and ice, food and lodging, academics, etc. Being close to home and family, and weather, should be a positive for us.

Advertisement
Only one HC in the building to see VJ yesterday...

Pitino and company are putting the full court press on him! LUHI (VJ's high school) is very close to Queens. Word is their HC (Jay David) may become a member of the SJU staff next season.

Long way to go for my Johnnies, but my understanding is we are right in the thick of things -not behind, not ahead, right there.

Here's a nugget I was surprised to learn: Baylor and BAMA (amongst a few others) are currently making the strongest push for his services.

Of course. None of us knows his situation. Maybe he's got a load of family in NYC, or wherever. Or, as you say, just wants a change of scenery. On the face of it though, there is so much "adjustment" all college frosh have to deal with -- distance from home, snow and ice, food and lodging, academics, etc. Being close to home and family, and weather, should be a positive for us.

I hope you’re right but we’ll see. My guess is he’s not itching to be back near home.

Advertisement
If Wooga blows up this year and goes pro. If he doesn't commit early, I can see us making a serious push for VJ in the spring.

Advertisement
Back