Virginia Tech game in the bag

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?
OK OK, honestly, the defense they fielded the past couple of years has kinda sucked. Like, they weren't like the VT defenses I knew of old.

But they just lost ANOTHER starting cb, bringing that total to three. On top of that, throw in the loss of the Edmunds' brothers (Saftey, MLB)

I'm fully looking forward to us dropping 40 on Bud Fosters forehead. I respeck him, but I hate him.

Does anyone know why that team WOULD beat us? Do they have any star power left?

Happy Monday my dudes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
they're pretty screwed personnel-wise, but if there's anyone that can come out of nowhere to make some miraculous scheme against us, it's foster.

man, love the confidence however Bud Foster is a one of top DC's in college football + we play them in Blackberry after Ga.Tech
in Atlanta.... hope your right as i cannot stand Va. Tech period

UNC was the most depleated team last season and we struggled. Until we get a qb nothing will be easy.

This x1000. UNC was playing their JV squad in a half-empty stadium and we nearly blew that game if not for the late game fumble. And let's not even mention the Pitt game...

Blacksburg is a really tough place to play no matter how good/bad their team is that year.

Advertisement
LOL This season's tough games are being written off as definite wins ..by some... BEFORE we've even run one play.

100% sure wins versus LSU and FSU and now VT. .....with the only tough one being a "red bandana" game versus BC

Its amazing how much our team's play has improved in the offseason

I wish it were that easy...but even though I'm confident too...we'll still have to beat them on the field

Last edited:
what is going on over there by the time the season starts they are going to have dismissed the entire defense lol.

Advertisement
I'm more concerned with our linemen's ability to engage blocks and beat the guy across from them, because if you have a front 4 like Clemson you don't necessarily need great defensive backs.

It all starts up front.

VT in Blacksburg is "in the bag" ?

We'll see.

OK OK, honestly, the defense they fielded the past couple of years has kinda sucked. Like, they weren't like the VT defenses I knew of old.

But they just look ANOTHER starting cb, bringing that total to three. On top of that, throw in the loss of the Edmunds' brothers (Saftey, MLB)

I'm fully looking forward to us dropping 40 on Bud Fosters forehead. I respeck him, but I hate him.

Does anyone know why that team WOULD beat us? Do they have any start power left?

Happy Monday my dudes.

Advertisement
Depends on what happened before VT, undefeated,, easy win. A few losses,, not so easy.
Miami has a fragile psyche..

Never overlooking any team, did that with Pittsburgh and look how that turned out. The team got to learn to be in the moment at all times and not play lackadaisical like we did that day

With that being said I do Think we should beat them for sure this season

Advertisement
Good grief. I doubt we'll be favored by more than 7, if that, and some are prematurely chalking this up as a win.

The last quarter century I think we're something like 3-8 vs VT in Blacksburg. Almost always with the advantage in personnel anyway. VT many times brings out a much better defense than initially thought because Fosters just good, simply. Now, they have a head coach that can actually field a potent offense. If there's one game that isnt "in the bag" this year, its this one.

Lock thread. Pretend it never happened.

Want to know how we lose the game? It's easy - have a bunch more of teenagers go into the game believing that "it is in the bag." Think VT is going to see the U on the side of the helmet and roll over? You are up against one of the best D coordinators of the last quarter century, and Fuente is no pushover. What happens when Rosier goes on another cold streak and can't hit any passes? Oh, I know, the run game. The one where we have an OL that gets pushed around by the likes of Toledo. Narduzzi also figured it out - sell out to stop the run and let Rosier beat you. Apparently you just started watching Canes football because over the last 10 years there have been countless games where Miami had a MASSIVE talent advantage and we walked off the field with a L.

Advertisement
Back