Virginia Tech game in the bag

I'm more concerned with our linemen's ability to engage blocks and beat the guy across from them, because if you have a front 4 like Clemson you don't necessarily need great defensive backs.
It all starts up front.

Amen, but of course the easy way out is blame the first 10-win QB and only one to win the Coastal since we've been in the ACC. And, OP locks a team that owned us during the penalty years

Advertisement
we should win, but let's not kid ourselves about their defense either

I don't mean that in a good way for them by the way. Not long ago we went in there with al golden and basically destroyed them on the ground ALONE.

last year they were lucky that game didn't get in the 40s as the score was much closer than the game ever was.

sure the year before they got a break on us but we were quite depleted and coach richt was up to his ole 4 verts and a bubble screen route roots

It's like you guys are intentionally trying to jinx the season. These "in the bag" bad omen poRsts are generally reserved for the week of the game

No such thing as gimme game with this team unless there is a stark improvement in QB play..
A loss to a 4-7 Pitt team with a freshman QB, A squeak win against an absolutely abysmal UNC team.
Thinking VT a gimme at their house borders on lunacy

Last edited:
Advertisement
What did they get last season? Like 4 turnovers?

They play very aggressively and opportunistically, and can quickly turn a game ugly. We should have beaten them by 30 last year, yet they hung around on the scoreboard even though they were being dominated.

We did beat them 30-6 in 2014 at their place. They could not stop the run at all.
Hoping something like that happens again this time around but it is way too early to speculate.

More relevant is 2001, they took the greatest college football team of all time to the wire.

Not saying we won't beat them, or in some cases, beat them handedly, but that's atypical.

Advertisement
I played at park city an im a cane for life man but ive seen Utah play some **** good football!!

To be honest, west coast football seems to be a little more organized. There is some good coaching on the west coast. But no athletes lol

To be honest, west coast football seems to be a little more organized. There is some good coaching on the west coast. But no athletes lol
Ya i grew up in South Carolina the competition level the want the hunger the nastiness is not there maybe with the tongans lol but yaa its more of a sport to them they werent teying to make a livinh off football thats for sure

Advertisement
Ya i grew up in South Carolina the competition level the want the hunger the nastiness is not there maybe with the tongans lol but yaa its more of a sport to them they werent teying to make a livinh off football thats for sure

Never thought if it like that, but that's exactly it. Rick Ross wasn't lying in "Florida boy" when he said miami kids make a living playing football or selling dope. While it might not be said nicely, it's true for a given perspective.

Never thought if it like that, but that's exactly it. Rick Ross wasn't lying in "Florida boy" when he said miami kids make a living playing football or selling dope. While it might not be said nicely, it's true for a given perspective.

Either ya slingin' crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot.

Advertisement
Ha ha, Miami Norland came to Punta Gorda to play in the Wally Keller Classic when my youngest was a freshman. He hit a 3 to put us up and we held on aganst a **** good team. I was behind their bench near the end of the game doing a little jawing and teasing them about the 3-hour bus ride, getting no reaction. Then I said "And Rick Ross ain't s---," Every head whipped around. When they saw I was an older, chunky white guy, they busted out laughing. It was funny as ****. They went on to win State in 6A that year.

Lock thread. Pretend it never happened.

Want to know how we lose the game? It's easy - have a bunch more of teenagers go into the game believing that "it is in the bag." Think VT is going to see the U on the side of the helmet and roll over? You are up against one of the best D coordinators of the last quarter century, and Fuente is no pushover. What happens when Rosier goes on another cold streak and can't hit any passes? Oh, I know, the run game. The one where we have an OL that gets pushed around by the likes of Toledo. Narduzzi also figured it out - sell out to stop the run and let Rosier beat you. Apparently you just started watching Canes football because over the last 10 years there have been countless games where Miami had a MASSIVE talent advantage and we walked off the field with a L.

I agree with your premise, but I doubt Malik plays that poorly or Richt lets things get that far. We have better players behind Malik than we had last season, and our running game should be better based on depth and conditioning as well.

The first series of LSU will tell me all I need to know about the Oline and Malik.

Advertisement
Back