Virginia Tech game in the bag

Advertisement
oh VT is Saturday? ok nevermind book it lmaooo.....j/k...same rules apply.

I agree with you that nothing should be taken for granted particularly in blacksburg regardless of day. Just simply pointing out you were wrong. Our schedule dates don't do us a whole lot of favors in some matchups. Playing FIU on the 22nd then turning around 5 days later and playing UNC on a Thursday night. Back to back weeks @GT @VT. Friday night @BC. No game should be taken lightly.

Advertisement
Bud Foster could field a competitive defense with a bunch of two-way high school players from Utah. Should we win, yes, but with a Jekyll and Hyde QB and average OL, who knows. I truly hope the 2018 defense lives up to the 2017 defense hype and they take over games for us.

The OL is a gigantic concern for me in 2018. If they play worse than the 2017 OL, we are in for a long season

Bud Foster could field a competitive defense with a bunch of two-way high school players from Utah. Should we win, yes, but with a Jekyll and Hyde QB and average OL, who knows. I truly hope the 2018 defense lives up to the 2017 defense hype and they take over games for us.

The OL is a gigantic concern for me in 2018. If they play worse than the 2017 OL, we are in for a long season
The OLINE improving is the most important factor going forward we know what we are going to get out of Rosier and it isnt going to be much but we if we can run the ball with any semblance of authority and play good defense this season could be special.

mods either ban the OP or I'm packing up my things and leaving. Enough is enough.

Advertisement

Heyyyy come on now i was a 2 way playrr in Utah an that other school that throws the U isnt that bad either!!

OK OK, honestly, the defense they fielded the past couple of years has kinda sucked. Like, they weren't like the VT defenses I knew of old.

But they just look ANOTHER starting cb, bringing that total to three. On top of that, throw in the loss of the Edmunds' brothers (Saftey, MLB)

I'm fully looking forward to us dropping 40 on Bud Fosters forehead. I respeck him, but I hate him.

Does anyone know why that team WOULD beat us? Do they have any start power left?

Happy Monday my dudes.
go watch the Pitt game! nothing is a guarantee is football!

So Farchies "bulletproof" thread gets locked due to "bad juju' but this abortion keeps chugging along huh?

I like the consistency.
I would never start a thread on gameday thinking miami is gonna lose because of a bad vibe. Just to be clear I don't think Miami walks out of va tech with a W just because they lost guys to the draft/ injuries. I think Miami walks out with a W because Miami is just better. The two games miami really got caught sleepwalking last year were 1.) A team with only 15 guys not in wheelchairs at unc 2.) A Thursday thanksgiving day game against a poor pit squad. Just realized the va tech game is on a saturday so I guess the hocus pocus is nullified, and malik in conjunction with the o-line won't let us down.

Advertisement
I would never start a thread on gameday thinking miami is gonna lose because of a bad vibe. Just to be clear I don't think Miami walks out of va tech with a W just because they lost guys to the draft/ injuries. I think Miami walks out with a W because Miami is just better. The two games miami really got caught sleepwalking last year were 1.) A team with only 15 guys not in wheelchairs at unc 2.) A Thursday thanksgiving day game against a poor pit squad. Just realized the va tech game is on a saturday so I guess the hocus pocus is nullified, and malik in conjunction with the o-line won't let us down.

Miami vs. North Carolina - Game Recap - October 28, 2017 - ESPN

"The Hurricanes went from squeaking by in their last three wins by a combined 13 points to struggling much of the day against a 1-7 team relying on a third-string quarterback."

You'd think the Canes would have been fired up to get a kill shot at a depleted UNC team that embarrassed them a couple years back (when the Tarheels started throwing up an upside down U while winning by more than 4 TDs). Instead we dropped a big ol' smelly pile on the field and barely squeaked out a W- and that was with a "sharp" Rosier.

I think it's safe to say that the VT team we'll be facing in Blacksburg, even without all those players, is still a much better team than that UNC team with a 3rd string QB that almost beat us.

Miami vs. North Carolina - Game Recap - October 28, 2017 - ESPN

"The Hurricanes went from squeaking by in their last three wins by a combined 13 points to struggling much of the day against a 1-7 team relying on a third-string quarterback."

You'd think the Canes would have been fired up to get a kill shot at a depleted UNC team that embarrassed them a couple years back (when the Tarheels started throwing up an upside down U while winning by more than 4 TDs). Instead we dropped a big ol' smelly pile on the field and barely squeaked out a W- and that was with a "sharp" Rosier.

I think it's safe to say that the VT team we'll be facing in Blacksburg, even without all those players, is still a much better team than that UNC team with a 3rd string QB that almost beat us.

You said lock the thread and I've already got 2 responses from you. Laughable.

I am not going to say it is in the bag since it is July and we don't know how both squads will look or develop.

I will say though that the way we have beaten them recently is running the ball down their throats. I hope and expect pretty much the same this season if their Defense is as bad as people are making it out to be and if our stable of RBs are as good as we think they can be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back