Virginia Tech game in the bag

If we keep writing off games at this rate, there'll be no need for the actual season.....Naw!!

I seriously hope the team takes EVERY game as seriously as our opponents will.

Everybody will be at their best when they play us. The champs are always a circled team on the schedule.

Its always unwise to take ANY team for granted because...
****-happens-i7843.jpg

Usually when you least expect it ....so to avoid ****** deals like losing ....Always come ready

Last edited:
Advertisement
More relevant is 2001, they took the greatest college football team of all time to the wire.

Not saying we won't beat them, or in some cases, beat them handedly, but that's atypical.
I don't see how that is more relevant when that happened in 2001 and the blowout came just 4 years ago. And the circumstances were similar since I think VTs defense was banged up a bit.

The general point is that people like to make sweeping generalizations and say thing like "VT will never be a gimme" when it is simply not true. We have handled them easily in the past.
But it is moot since we are in July and don't even know how both teams will play in September, let alone November.

I don't see how that is more relevant when that happened in 2001 and the blowout came just 4 years ago. And the circumstances were similar since I think VTs defense was banged up a bit.

The general point is that people like to make sweeping generalizations and say thing like "VT will never be a gimme" when it is simply not true. We have handled them easily in the past.
But it is moot since we are in July and don't even know how both teams will play in September, let alone November.

Bottom line is some of you guys get married to an idea and miss the forest for the trees. I don't know how you can look at our record against them, home and away, and declare any game is a gimme. That's why 2001 is the most relevant game when it comes to assessing this series. They are a wild card every year and that is a fact regardless of what month it is.

If Bud Foster is the DC on the other side of the ball it ain’t gonna be easy...Give Foster a tuba and he’ll get something out of it...

Bottom line is some of you guys get married to an idea and miss the forest for the trees. I don't know how you can look at our record against them, home and away, and declare any game is a gimme. That's why 2001 is the most relevant game when it comes to assessing this series. They are a wild card every year and that is a fact regardless of what month it is.
I never said it was going to be a gimme. So please don't generalize and act as if I should be grouped with that sort of thinking.

Advertisement
OK OK, honestly, the defense they fielded the past couple of years has kinda sucked. Like, they weren't like the VT defenses I knew of old.

But they just lost ANOTHER starting cb, bringing that total to three. On top of that, throw in the loss of the Edmunds' brothers (Saftey, MLB)

I'm fully looking forward to us dropping 40 on Bud Fosters forehead. I respeck him, but I hate him.

Does anyone know why that team WOULD beat us? Do they have any star power left?

Happy Monday my dudes.

Malik Rosier says Hi. If he has a Pitt game performance we can lose to VT.

Advertisement
Back