Virginia loses!

Advertisement
Screenshot_20180317-092539.png

UVA seems like it has a lot of the **** on their team, as well. I think they are ***. They look....***. They were acting ***. They were speaking a language, it sounded....***

I'd really like to see Buffalo kick some Kentucky *** today. They're good.

All these upsets sorta scream you are better off with veteran players (like Lyles of UMBC) than with hyped HS all stars.
Miami's best teams were when they had older players. The teams followed the Mid Major model with Power 5 talent. Hence they were able to outplay some of the bluebloods with younger ine and dones.

Advertisement
I'm in your head, as always. You wake up thinking about me.

And we're off the topic completely because the **** with the tinfoil helmet who adds "nothing" isn't here to discuss anything of relevance.

I am going to gamble here, any response will be similar.

And we're off the topic completely because the **** with the tinfoil helmet who adds "nothing" isn't here to discuss anything of relevance.

I am going to gamble here, any response will be similar.

Tony Bennett isn't going to be replaced because he's young, has a solid recruiting class, and has built a 30-win program. If he were, hypothetically, 68 years old and had no recruits coming in, we might be able to say that he had reached his peak.

Advertisement
Tony Bennett isn't going to be replaced because he's young, has a solid recruiting class, and has built a 30-win program. If he were, hypothetically, 68 years old and had no recruits coming in, we might be able to say that he had reached his peak.
I really think you should find another athletic program to support

Again, if you're hypothetically talking about Coach L, Miami has nothing to do with this thread. Then again, you add "nothing" here.

As to the actual thread:

He is young and one of the best coaches in the nation. Nobody would consider firing, even if a dip****'s own logic dictated otherwise.

As to kunty dip**** logic, here we go:

1. He accomplished something that NO ONE has ever done. Losing to a 16-seed.

2. Perhaps he hit a ceiling since in 9 years at UVA, they only made the second weekend of the tourney twice. I mean after 9 years, it appears the coach has hit a "ceiling" because they haven't won the NCAAT. They haven't even made the Final Four.

3. Recruiting and that "solid class". There are TWO kids committed and they're each 3 stars. That "solid" class is 78th in the nation.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits

Here are two last two UVA classes (via Ranking):

2018: 78th (https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings)
2017: 98th (https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings)

In addition, over the last 5 years, UVA's average recruiting ranking is 55th. "SOLID".

Again, if you're hypothetically talking about Coach L, Miami has nothing to do with this thread. Then again, you add "nothing" here.

As to the actual thread:

He is young and one of the best coaches in the nation. Nobody would consider firing, even if a dip****'s own logic dictated otherwise.

As to kunty dip**** logic, here we go:

1. He accomplished something that NO ONE has ever done. Losing to a 16-seed.

2. Perhaps UVA hit a ceiling as in 9 years at UVA, they only made the second weekend of the tourney twice. I mean after 9 years, it appears the coach has hit a "ceiling" because they haven't won the NCAAT. They haven't even made the Final Four.

3. Recruiting and that "solid class". There are TWO kids committed and they're each 3 stars. That "solid" class is 78th in the nation.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits

Here are two last two UVA classes (via Ranking):

2018: 78th (https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings)
2017: 98th (https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings)

In addition, over the last 5 years, UVA's average recruiting ranking is 55th. "SOLID".

Yes, having two recruits when you don't need four or five is solid. If he, hypothetically, had no recruits coming in, they might be worried.

Not sure who you're arguing with. We agree that Tony Bennett is one of the best coaches in America and won't be fired. Virginia is in a great place as a basketball program.

Advertisement
Yes, having two recruits when you don't need four or five is solid. If he, hypothetically, had no recruits coming in, they might be worried.

Not sure who you're arguing with. We agree that Tony Bennett is one of the best coaches in America and won't be fired. Virginia is in a great place as a basketball program.

Oh "solid" means actual numbers not quality. That is how people normally use the word.

Because it isn't "solid" having the 78th class or 98th last year or an average recruiting class of 55th (over the last 5 years).

As for solid meaning actual numbers, since you didn't just pivot to an irrelevant and incorrect point, here we go:

1. UVA was only using 12 of the 13 scholarships this season.

2. They're losing Hall, Johnson and Wilkins. That gets them to 9 of the 13 scholarships.

They have two kids committed, you know the "solid" 3 stars, and that gets them to 11 of the 13 scholarships. So even from your "solid" actual number position, they have plenty of room for more kids.

You know you can google before you just lie and bull****.

Are you a troll? Because his recruiting class is **** without the FBI looming over him, and you've repeatedly said the only thing that matters is the performance in the tourney. If not, I truly have zero respect for you. You can not think straight. Seriously. I cringe every time you post. You're becoming the crazy dude that babbles to himself in the corner.

Advertisement
There should be a mercy rule. I've got this clown Googling Virginia's basketball recruits.
.... Do you think people are as dumb as you? You've lambasted people for not doing research. You literally went and calculated our FT % in November and December, and February and March because I told you it had increased. Googling recruits takes 5 seconds.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for you. Clearly something wrong.

You know you can google before you just lie and bull****.

Yes, you've proven how important it is to spend your afternoon googling some other team's recruits. Well done.

Being a #1 seed with recruiting classes that are merely "solid" is proof that someone is a good basketball coach. Get off his back. If he was pulling the #6 seed, we would start to question his abilities.

Advertisement
Back