Virginia loses!

LPCanes26

Recruit
Virginia Is first team ever to be ranked a 1 seed and lose to a 16! Congrats UMBC. Makes our loss not look as bad huh?! Also Tony Bennett is a very good coach in regular season but come tourney time.. His team's always choke. But this is extreme!

Advertisement
Virginia Is first team ever to be ranked a 1 seed and lose to a 16! Congrats UMBC. Makes our loss not look as bad huh?! Also Tony Bennett is a very good coach in regular season but come tourney time.. His team's always choke. But this is extreme!

Yet, Miami fans want to run L out of town because he lost to a Loyola team that would crush UMBC. Bennett has UVA resources and support and has managed to flame out in the tournament more often than not. Guess when you can't hand check and maul opposing teams, the pack line isn't all that great.

I checked the score when there was 10 minutes left in the 2nd half and did a double-take, I couldn't believe my phone was accurate. Awesome to see such a historic loss. A coworker at mine asked me earlier today if I thought I'd ever see a 16 seed beat a 1 seed in my lifetime. I told him "absolutely" and he wasn't so sure. :LOL:

Advertisement
While defense travels, if you can't score, it's hard to win the NCAAT. The UVA/UMBC game went down just like the Zona/Buffalo game. The scrappy, smaller, wiry, and quicker athletes prevailed on unconscious three point shooting.

100% of brackets must be blown now.

I had them losing in the next round to KSU. Looks like Kentucky is gonna roll, maybe to the Final 4.

******* Gaytors may just get a pass to the E8. (I think TT and Purdue are choke artists) Thanks for nothing, Arkansas!

I had them losing in the next round to KSU. Looks like Kentucky is gonna roll, maybe to the Final 4.

******* Gaytors may just get a pass to the E8. (I think TT and Purdue are choke artists) Thanks for nothing, Arkansas!

KSU was a good pick over Va since they always blow it in the tourney, but hopefully you have a bunch of idiots in your pool that had VA going deep. I agree this week just gets worse and worse. Duke also one of my most hated teams has a shot of going deep and even FSU may be able to go deep. I hope they all get knocked out next round though.

KSU was a good pick over Va since they always blow it in the tourney, but hopefully you have a bunch of idiots in your pool that had VA going deep. I agree this week just gets worse and worse. Duke also one of my most hated teams has a shot of going deep and even FSU may be able to go deep. I hope they all get knocked out next round though.

For some reason, I never even consider UVA as a contender, even though I have Duke and UNC there. Like years past, they just seem like a slow team, with a pattern coach, who get away with murder in the ACC.

Advertisement
For some reason, I never even consider UVA as a contender, even though I have Duke and UNC there. Like years past, they just seem like a slow team, with a pattern coach, who get away with murder in the ACC.

Agreed, plus since they are so low scoring all you need is 1 team to catch fire against them and the game is over for VA.

Go from losing to Chaminade that one year with Ralph Sampson to this **** lolololol

Yeah, these UVA teams seem like those Pitt teams from the early-mid 2000s, getting high seeds and flaming out early.

I am one of those idiots haha. Their ACCT performance sold me. One of my brackets I actually had K state over them, but all the others had them in at least the elite 8.

Advertisement
I am one of those idiots haha. Their ACCT performance sold me. One of my brackets I actually had K state over them, but all the others had them in at least the elite 8.

haha I was just joking, but honestly with their bracket that was a pretty safe bet. I just saw a lot of people picking them to win and I was like do you really expect them to win 6 games in a row without a team going on a 3 point run against them? Personally though I figured a team was going to catch fire against them and beat them sooner or later. The hard part was figuring out when that would happen.

haha I was just joking, but honestly with their bracket that was a pretty safe bet. I just saw a lot of people picking them to win and I was like do you really expect them to win 6 games in a row without a team going on a 3 point run against them? Personally though I figured a team was going to catch fire against them and beat them sooner or later. The hard part was figuring out when that would happen.
Haha yeah I should have seen it. Had them winning it in 2/5 of my brackets. I'm always pretty bad at predicting the tourney though so I'm not surprised.

Advertisement
It's funny because I did a bracket and actually did predict UVA to lose (I also picked St. Bonaventure over UCLA). Despite the love they've gotten from their success the last few seasons during the regular season, I absolutely have ZERO faith in UVA to go far in the tournament. It's the same with Big 10 teams.

Had em in my final 4. I thought their d was special. o well its almost worth it to see that happen. The shame UVA must be feeling right now. smh

100% of brackets must be blown now.

Yup, for many years Warren Buffett has offered a $1,000,000,000 prize (you read that right- ONE BILLION DOLLARS) for anyone who gets a perfect bracket. The odds of a perfect bracket are 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 (1 in 9.2 quintillion). Looks like Buffett's money is safe again.

You want another crazy number? That $1 Billion reward is only about 1% of his estimated net worth.

According to some (maybe one) on this board, it is clear UVA hit a ceiling. I wonder if UVA is looking for a replacement (for TB) under that "logic."

While defense travels, if you can't score, it's hard to win the NCAAT. The UVA/UMBC game went down just like the Zona/Buffalo game. The scrappy, smaller, wiry, and quicker athletes prevailed on unconscious three point shooting.

So ******* true.

Advertisement
Back