Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Hmmm pretty much all single player games these days are spent wondering around looking for things. Especially the open world/sandbox games. That's how they stretch them out. Horizon is definitely a slower paced game because it's a lot of stelth/hunting/item gathering.

Try sleeping dogs out. It's originally a ps3 remastered game but the gameplay is nice and still holds up. Watch dogs 2 for a little more methodical game. You can get both for cheap.

FPS I'm more of a Battlefield guy because of the destruction and team based focus, but BF1, and BF5 is WW1 and WW2 so guns are limited. BF4 is modern and was awsome for it's time. Still has full servers.

If you tried out Horizon for free it sounds like you have ps now. If not get the free trial. On there I would recommend the Batman series, Red Dead Redemption 1 (ps3 game), or Mafia 3. Those games have a faster pace then Horizon.

P.S. I forgot to add Hitman 1 and 2. Both games are played in chapters and both are fun. Each chapter is set in different locations across the world where the main target has more then a few awsome ways to kill them. Poison their food, rig their helicopter or plane, or just disguise yourself to get near them and pop them. The best part is you can set a trap and watch your target fall for it. Then each chapter also has replay ability because you can go back and try to track down additional contracts in each chapter.
thank you, brother. are there any 4 v 4 games like Halo back in the day?

Advertisement
If I was even remotely decent at shooters on PC I would hop into Destiny 2 on that ASAP. It looks absolutely incredible on PC at 60 fps. As much crap as that game gets, I always find myself getting sucked back into it. So much to do and I have yet to find a shooter that feels as good as that game.

Hope you enjoy man, going to be plenty for you to do lol
I hate looter shooters man.......I can't front I like huge games man. Like I have no man's sky on PC in VR it's ok but if a game like star citizen went vr my life would be over.

Only thing keeping me from making the switch is the need to constantly upgrade to keep the best graphics/performance.
Where we are today with graphic cards and processors for PC. The need to jump to newer stuff constantly isn't a must at this point and time. Yes a newer graphic card like Nvidia RTX series with ray tracing would be a reason to jump to the next level, but it isn't stopping you from enjoying graphics at an already high level. Were talking a level that consoles can't touch and is something that would last you years ever before needing to be replaced.

Right now a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU that cost $169.99 and a AMD RX 5700 GPU at $329.99 performs on the level of an Intel 6600k CPU $240.99 with 2 Nvidia GTX 1080 ti GPU at $800 each. That's $500 for today's gear vs $1840 for gear 3 years ago for the same performance level.

For a grand. You could have a PC that has all the bells and whistles, RGB lighting fans, RGB Motherboard, RGB Ram , NVMe Solid State Drive with 500gb, Windows 10 PRO, full modular 550 EVGA power supply, 2700x and a RX 5700. That right there would run any game on ultra and not flinch. Plus it's not something that you would have to replace anytime soon because most games on PC have longer life spans vs console. PC gamers are more dedicated to the games they choose vs console gamer that jump on anything that pops out.

Also today's CPU at least made by AMD are great at multitasking. Where you can game, stream or run really demanding programs at the same time and not struggle. Running multiple monitors with true 4k capabilities not some up scaling crap.

I'm on my 2nd Xbox. Not because the 1st broke, but because it was the big block one and it was slow. So i bought an S 1tb when they came out. I paid $499.99 for the original and $349.99 for the 2nd. So in 7 years i spent about $850 on consoles. I just replaced my gaming rig that i had during the same time frame. I replaced it because it was aged but it did it's job for 6 years and is still going. I just wanted to upgrade to the Ryzen series and the RX series.

It's all about what you want but you don't always have to upgrade a PC. Right now is a great time to make the jump imo.

Word. Some of those videos you can find on YouTube of games like gta with maxed out settings are awesome. Ability to mod is awsome to. Fixes a lot of bad gameplay and adds features to enhance the experience like changing Madden to NCAA lite.

Only thing keeping me from making the switch is the need to constantly upgrade to keep the best graphics/performance.
The gta videos are modded though. I had the natural vision mod and man it changes the game completely.

PC is to good man even Minecraft on VR is amazing and I don't even like the game. When u mod games on PC it makes the games so much better man. I just played destiny 2 and the xb1 version sucks so bad......I need the new Xbox in November asap

Where we are today with graphic cards and processors for PC. The need to jump to newer stuff constantly isn't a must at this point and time. Yes a newer graphic card like Nvidia RTX series with ray tracing would be a reason to jump to the next level, but it isn't stopping you from enjoying graphics at an already high level. Were talking a level that consoles can't touch and is something that would last you years ever before needing to be replaced.

Right now a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU that cost $169.99 and a AMD RX 5700 GPU at $329.99 performs on the level of an Intel 6600k CPU $240.99 with 2 Nvidia GTX 1080 ti GPU at $800 each. That's $500 for today's gear vs $1840 for gear 3 years ago for the same performance level.

For a grand. You could have a PC that has all the bells and whistles, RGB lighting fans, RGB Motherboard, RGB Ram , NVMe Solid State Drive with 500gb, Windows 10 PRO, full modular 550 EVGA power supply, 2700x and a RX 5700. That right there would run any game on ultra and not flinch. Plus it's not something that you would have to replace anytime soon because most games on PC have longer life spans vs console. PC gamers are more dedicated to the games they choose vs console gamer that jump on anything that pops out.

Also today's CPU at least made by AMD are great at multitasking. Where you can game, stream or run really demanding programs at the same time and not struggle. Running multiple monitors with true 4k capabilities not some up scaling crap.

I'm on my 2nd Xbox. Not because the 1st broke, but because it was the big block one and it was slow. So i bought an S 1tb when they came out. I paid $499.99 for the original and $349.99 for the 2nd. So in 7 years i spent about $850 on consoles. I just replaced my gaming rig that i had during the same time frame. I replaced it because it was aged but it did it's job for 6 years and is still going. I just wanted to upgrade to the Ryzen series and the RX series.

It's all about what you want but you don't always have to upgrade a PC. Right now is a great time to make the jump imo.
I wish I knew how to build PC's man.....mine has a GTX 1060 3gb and I need to upgrade the cpu and the GPU. I still would go Intel I wanted the 9900 I think it's called with an rtx 2080ti

Advertisement
Word. Some of those videos you can find on YouTube of games like gta with maxed out settings are awesome. Ability to mod is awsome to. Fixes a lot of bad gameplay and adds features to enhance the experience like changing Madden to NCAA lite.

You don’t need to constantly upgrade. Don’t let no one tell you that lie. Those that do keep doing it for the newest toy. Build a decent rig the first go round and it’ll be years before you’d feel like it’s time for an upgrade.

I wish I knew how to build PC's man.....mine has a GTX 1060 3gb and I need to upgrade the cpu and the GPU. I still would go Intel I wanted the 9900 I think it's called with an rtx 2080ti
It’s easy af bro! I can build one in mere minutes. Just watch some videos on YouTube. They can explain a lot.

It's rather easy to build a PC. It may sound hard but it really isn't. If you ever feel up to building one let me know.

If you have money to burn ($550). The 9900k is a very nice CPU but if you don't there are options out there and the 2080 ti at a grand falls in that boat too. It's not the end all not to have those because with AMD pushing real hard now. Intel and Nvidia are really feeling the pressure. The RX 5800 series hasn't hit the market yet and that will force Nvidia hand again in price.

Advertisement
It's rather easy to build a PC. It may sound hard but it really isn't. If you ever feel up to building one let me know.

If you have money to burn ($550). The 9900k is a very nice CPU but if you don't there are options out there and the 2080 ti at a grand falls in that boat too. It's not the end all not to have those because with AMD pushing real hard now. Intel and Nvidia are really feeling the pressure. The RX 5800 series hasn't hit the market yet and that will force Nvidia hand again in price.
Competition is good man.....and if I ever build one I will def dm u bro. Thanks

You don’t need to constantly upgrade. Don’t let no one tell you that lie. Those that do keep doing it for the newest toy. Build a decent rig the first go round and it’ll be years before you’d feel like it’s time for an upgrade.
Thanks guys. That's all I ever heard was you have to keep upgrading. I think I going to build one by the end of the year. I'll hit you guys up when I do.

I’m 40 and still avidly play video games. I’ve played the Atari 64 and owned the original NES. Played my first FPS with Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64. I owned the original PlayStation and PS2 mostly bc of Gran Turismo. Switched over to Xbox for a while, passed on the PS3 and went to Xbox 360 to get in my Halo fix.

My first 360 had the red ring of death, my 2nd 360 also had red ring of death, and my 3rd 360 had the red ring of death....

I went back to PS4, which I currently own, and never regretted it.

The exclusives are totally worth it. God of War (voted 2018 Game of the Year) was amazing! You also have Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.

I currently play a ton of Call of Duty and we always gain early access to stuff before Xbox users bc Sony pays publishers that $$$$.

I think the whole console wars are fanboys are dumb, especially saying Sony and/or Microsoft will **** on the other. It mainly depends on what games you want to play.

Like others have said, wait until holiday 2020 bc both companies will be releasing new consoles. I’ll be giving my money to Sony for PS5 and Samsung for a Q-series tv.

Advertisement
I’ve also read that both Microsoft and PlayStation will possibly release 2 versions of their respective consoles this holiday. One will be a base console and the other will be upgraded version for people with more $.

This makes more sense for the consumers instead of releasing the PS4 Pro and X-box One S years later.

I’m 40 and still avidly play video games. I’ve played the Atari 64 and owned the original NES. Played my first FPS with Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64. I owned the original PlayStation and PS2 mostly bc of Gran Turismo. Switched over to Xbox for a while, passed on the PS3 and went to Xbox 360 to get in my Halo fix.

My first 360 had the red ring of death, my 2nd 360 also had red ring of death, and my 3rd 360 had the red ring of death....

I went back to PS4, which I currently own, and never regretted it.

The exclusives are totally worth it. God of War (voted 2018 Game of the Year) was amazing! You also have Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.

I currently play a ton of Call of Duty and we always gain early access to stuff before Xbox users bc Sony pays publishers that $$$$.

I think the whole console wars are fanboys are dumb, especially saying Sony and/or Microsoft will **** on the other. It mainly depends on what games you want to play.

Like others have said, wait until holiday 2020 bc both companies will be releasing new consoles. I’ll be giving my money to Sony for PS5 and Samsung for a Q-series tv.
I get them all....I usually get xb first then wait like 3-4 years for PS. I never got red ring of death by a miracle.....if I were u though I would of taken the same route lol.

I’ve also read that both Microsoft and PlayStation will possibly release 2 versions of their respective consoles this holiday. One will be a base console and the other will be upgraded version for people with more $.

This makes more sense for the consumers instead of releasing the PS4 Pro and X-box One S years later.

New Xbox is coming out this xmas

Advertisement

That's not true....these consoles in November will be the beef. If they come out with pro versions it will be in 5 years....these consoles are future proof

My bad I read your post wrong....they might have weaker versions of each. Sony is waiting on Mad to drop the price so they can go lower. I think MS machine may be 100$ more but if they match Sony that will away some power hungry heads. I won't be surprised if Sony's is 50-100 less. I expect 599 for what MS has inside that beast

Advertisement
Back