Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Advertisement
Advertisement
All these sports games in a nut shell

I stopped buying the show after they took off online franchises.
It's all about the microtransaction fantasy team bull**** now
They have added back online franchises this year. I have dove into it so I dont know how flushed out the mode is or if its barebones

They have added back online franchises this year. I have dove into it so I dont know how flushed out the mode is or if its barebones
Oh ****, they did? Nice lol. I just assumed they were keeping it off after 17 or whatever year was the last one

Advertisement
Get a Switch unless you're trying to play an FPS, but even then I don't recommend that cause all the shooters suck nowadays. I only play Halo MCC but they ruined the frame rate with a recent update...I swear these game devs are all trash nowadays.

Switch has everything else though:

Zelda games, Fire Emblem, Civ 6, Divinity OS 2, Mario games, etc. You can get good variety of single player games.

Basically haven't touched my XBOX in weeks even though I've had more free time than ever. Thanks 343 Industries. I was planning on building a new PC but now the CDN dollar is **** cause of COVID-19 so now I have to wait.

Oh ****, they did? Nice lol. I just assumed they were keeping it off after 17 or whatever year was the last one
They had to do something this year. They have been taking a lot of heat the last few years because they have been feeding us franchise users bread crumbs while catering to the online/microtransactions crowd.

If you like GTA, you should try out Red Dead Redemption 2, sleeping dogs, just cause 4, Mafia 3, Horizon zero dawn, and watch dogs 2.
Are games now like movies where you have to watch all of these scenes to understand what to do?

Advertisement
Are games now like movies where you have to watch all of these scenes to understand what to do?
Red dead has some pretty lengthy cutscenes to explain the store and you have to do tedious things like hunt and eat keep up weight and stay healthy, feed your horse, and change clothes depending on the weather. None of those things are essential to beating the game though and the gameplay is awesome.

But to answer your question, yes games nowadays are going with longer cutscenes to explain the story. The biggest culprit in this are the Metal Gear Solid games. Open world games tend to take longer to beat but that's cause the add a bunch of side missions and other tedious collectables yo get. Games are my take 20-30 hrs to 100% but the main story can be beat in 5-8 hrs.

Get a Nintendo switch or build a PC. Don’t waste money on xbox1 or ps4 since the next gen is coming out unless you find one for sale at a good price (less than $150).
Not to hijack but if anyone is on RDR2 online ps4 HMU.

Get a Nintendo switch or build a PC. Don’t waste money on xbox1 or ps4 since the next gen is coming out unless you find one for sale at a good price (less than $150).
Not to hijack but if anyone is on RDR2 online ps4 HMU.
Hijack away.
My soon to be brother n law just informed me he owns a PS4 & a PS4 pro. Going to borrow the ps4 & buy/download The show on his account so he can play it too. I’ll wait until 2021 (Lord willing) to decide.

Advertisement
All these sports games in a nut shell

I stopped buying the show after they took off online franchises.
It's all about the microtransaction fantasy team bull**** now
Hate the fantasy bs man I like it realistic. I don't want to create myself I grew out of that in my teen years. I like most realism....also the cell phones fuqed gaming up cause micro transactions came from that.

Get a Switch unless you're trying to play an FPS, but even then I don't recommend that cause all the shooters suck nowadays. I only play Halo MCC but they ruined the frame rate with a recent update...I swear these game devs are all trash nowadays.

Switch has everything else though:

Zelda games, Fire Emblem, Civ 6, Divinity OS 2, Mario games, etc. You can get good variety of single player games.

Basically haven't touched my XBOX in weeks even though I've had more free time than ever. Thanks 343 Industries. I was planning on building a new PC but now the CDN dollar is **** cause of COVID-19 so now I have to wait.
Switch is real good man....I still prefer PC. Witcher 3 to me is game of this generation.......until cyberpunk

Sony got them exclusives man no lie but the xb controller is just built better. I guess it's opinion but popular opinion is the XB controller is Godly......it's why Sony basically copied the design this generation
Definitely a preference thing, I always hated the Xbox contollers. They just feel clunky to me and the PS controllers just feel right lol.

They had to do something this year. They have been taking a lot of heat the last few years because they have been feeding us franchise users bread crumbs while catering to the online/microtransactions crowd.
*oops, I forgot I was mid quote before I replied to D haha* Glad they didthen...EA could take a page or 2 out of this
Hate the fantasy bs man I like it realistic. I don't want to create myself I grew out of that in my teen years. I like most realism....also the cell phones fuqed gaming up cause micro transactions came from that.
No doubt
And my biggest problem with **** like that (speaking specifically on mycareer for 2k) is that the devs CONSTANTLY cater to the most cheesy bull**** because they know that's how they'll get as many people as possible to drop more money lol

I used to enjoy doing that mode for 2k16 and 17, when It was actually fun being a slasher...now all everyone does is bull**** sharpshooters and speedboost glitches. ****** lame as ****

Advertisement
Back