Video from today’s scrimmage

Uhh maybe don't make **** up? Only thing I'm tearing down is the people who are inflating rankings. I'm telling it how it is dumbass.

Brock showed where ESPN once had him as a 5 star, which was the original point that you were in a hurry to discredit, dumbass. But keep running from thread to thread to prove people wrong about where they say our class and players rank, it definitely makes you like a super cool guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Too bad our players don't play for FSU, all these ****** who heart the Noles would be rallying to each thread to pump them up. On here, when it's our own, it's quite the opposite. Smh

Burns has big time potential, has been healthy as of late(hopefully stays that way) and could be a playmaker for us at some point. Who gives af if he was 4 or 5 stars? What does it matter? You all have never seen him log a snap in a live college game and are on a mission to discredit anyone who says something positive about him. I don't get it..

Last edited:
Brock showed where ESPN once had him as a 5 star, which was the originally point that you were in a hurry to discredit, dumbass. But keep running from thread to thread to prove people wrong about where they say our class and players rank, it definitely makes you like a super cool guy.
Nice he found a tweet. My original point was that when he left high school he wasn't a 5 star which was what was implied.

Oh yeah you determine what's cool and what's not? How about not looking like a moron?

Too bad our players don't play for FSU, all these ****** who heart the Noles would be rallying to each thread to pump them up. On here, when it's our own, it's quite the opposite. Smh

Burns has big time potential, has been healthy as of late(hopefully stays that way) and could be a playmaker for us at some point. Who gives af if he was 4 or 5 stars? What doesn't it matter? You all have never seen him log a snap in a live college game and are on a mission to discredit anyone who says something positive about him. I don't get it..
I'm arguing with a bright bulb over here.

I'm not saying anything negative about him dude. It's pretty ****** simple to understand. People touting our classes and players as better ranked than they are is just wrong. Me telling the truth is not saying something negative about the players. Jesus. What's the next straw man you've got?

Brock showed where ESPN once had him as a 5 star, which was the originally point that you were in a hurry to discredit, dumbass. But keep running from thread to thread to prove people wrong about where they say our class and players rank, it definitely makes you like a super cool guy.

No, Brock's post does not show him ever been a 5 star. He was highly rated early on from ESPN, but so far it does not appear as if he ever was a 5 star.

Advertisement
No, Brock's post does not show him ever been a 5 star. He was highly rated early on from ESPN, but so far it does not appear as if he ever was a 5 star.
If you are top 8-10 in espn rankings then you are a 5 star. Burns was rated #7 overall which is assuredly 5star status for espn. Regardless he was ranked that high at one point

Why can't we just let the kids prove themselves in a live game before we annoint them as being the next great thing or a bust.let's not jump all over a kid if he craps the bed his first start of snap.if some of you care to remember our greatest team ever the 2001 champions didn't look so great in 99 or 98 when it was their first year starting

If you are top 8-10 in espn rankings then you are a 5 star. Burns was rated #7 overall which is assuredly 5star status for espn. Regardless he was ranked that high at one point
Nope. ESPN doesn't just give out 5 stars when they haven't evaluated enough people. Burns was a 4 star.

Figured out why we couldn't see the past ESPN rankings via the web archive, and it's because they changed their url from "espn.go.com" to "espn.com"

Robert Burns was ranked 7th, but was a 4 star. The first 5 stars they gave out for that class that we can see were on May 5th, 2016. Burns had dropped to 62nd by then. A week before that he was a 4 star ranked 21st. And you can see his grade was an "86" at the beginning. Only players with a 90 and above are 5 stars, so we know they didn't think he was that high. He was just one of the first they rated so he was 7th.

2015 ESPN Web Archive Link
First 5 stars given out for the 2017 class

Good call @Andrew
@canesthing3 sup bro

Last edited:
What difference does it make???? The kid is a high 4. Still pretty damned good if you ask me- and yes- the kid obviously made some serious noise to be ranked 7th in the entire nation before injuries. That’s a stud no matter how you look at it....

Advertisement
Nope. ESPN doesn't just give out 5 stars when they haven't evaluated enough people. Burns was a 4 star.

Figured out why we couldn't see the past ESPN rankings via the web archive, and it's because they changed their url from "espn.go.com" to "espn.com"

Robert Burns was ranked 7th, but was a 4 star. The first 5 stars they gave out for that class that we can see were on May 5th, 2016. Burns had dropped to 62nd by then. A week before that he was a 4 star ranked 21st. And you can see his grade was an "86" at the beginning. Only players with a 90 and above are 5 stars, so we know they didn't think he was that high. He was just one of the first they rated so he was 7th.

2015 ESPN Web Archive Link
First 5 stars given out for the 2017 class

Good call @Andrew
@canesthing3 sup bro
Oh, well he still was the #1 rb

Burns tape as a sophomore looked just as good as the majority of 5 star running backs every year. Kid shows acceleration, change of direction, vision, power and long speed. Watching the way he runs, instead of looking at him as a glass man, he just runs harder than the average back so not surprised to see those injuries.

Advertisement
Burns tape as a sophomore looked just as good as the majority of 5 star running backs every year. Kid shows acceleration, change of direction, vision, power and long speed. Watching the way he runs, instead of looking at him as a glass man, he just runs harder than the average back so not surprised to see those injuries.
Look how he burnt booker t Washington defense when it was full of speed. It was impressive to watch. He runs fast, physical with a powerful build all in one. Can’t wait to see how he develops

Don’t sleep on burns, lot of sh*t happened of course as far as injuries goes but the kid is still very talented and he tested as an elite athlete with a spark rating of 118 5’11 206 4.57 in his sophomore or junior year

Ahh the Ole' Patterson-Gimlin recording of Burns' highlights. A timeless classic, but time will tell if he really is man or myth..

Advertisement
Look how he burnt booker t Washington defense when it was full of speed. It was impressive to watch. He runs fast, physical with a powerful build all in one. Can’t wait to see how he develops

Yes he has always been very talented...I wouldn't want to rob a bank with him though.

Hopefully this kid actually wants to play and gives a **** about football, because every action the last few years kinda looks oppo.

So you think ESPN had their #7 player as what, a 4 star? Or maybe even 3. Lol ok I'm done with this discussion. Keep doing the CIS thing and writing off freshman, redshirts etc. And if someone's says something good about someone on our squad, make sure to dispute it asap.

Advertisement
Back