Vertical routes between the hashes

@Mr. Dynasty1 it would have taken an incredible all world throw. Here’s a screenshot just before the corner picked it. By this point the Miami receiver had stopped. If TVD throws it on a line it’s probably hits the receiver around 35-37 yard line with the safety picking it, killing the receiver. Back shoulder probably the only way that works unless safety over pursues
Please go watch the play. The still doesn’t show how late TVD was on the throw.

Advertisement
That is the one time in what, 8 games, that the QB has been hit. It’s gonna happen and TVD made a great throw and took the hit.

Most other plays, our QBs have all day to throw.
Well, now he's hurt, so he is trying to limit the beating.

IMG_5941.jpeg

Ball should have been out and shouldn’t haven’t been flat like he threw it. Safety isn’t even 10 yards of Smith. What is he waiting for?

Please go watch the play. The still doesn’t show how late TVD was on the throw.
You right. He takes an extra pro hop vs doing 3 step and go. Waited till he saw it was open vs anticipating it. Would have been a tight window but it’s a throw he should make.

Still a terrible play vs 2 man though.

Advertisement
View attachment 263721

Ball should have been out and shouldn’t haven’t been flat like he threw it. Safety isn’t even 10 yards of Smith. What is he waiting for?
Just playing devils advocate but the free safety isn't in the picture so we don't know how far he would have to close on a pass to Smith right here. Considering they were shading everything towards the sidelines, it's likely the safety is in good position to make a play here.

Advertisement
Just playing devils advocate but the free safety isn't in the picture so we don't know how far he would have to close on a pass to Smith right here. Considering they were shading everything towards the sidelines, it's likely the safety is in good position to make a play here.
If you go watch the play, he’s still about 5 yards away when the DB make the INT

You right. He takes an extra pro hop vs doing 3 step and go. Waited till he saw it was open vs anticipating it. Would have been a tight window but it’s a throw he should make.

Still a terrible play vs 2 man though.
Now I can agree the other routes in the play call are poor. And play right in the defense

Advertisement
It’s obvious bc if he’s in, he runs a swing on set pass drops. It wasn’t covered when Parrish did it. He just dropped them all.
I got the Smith thing and I'm with ya. Ok, Parrish has rocks for hands. How bout the other two, Chaney and Fletcher? I know Fletcher has hands and I think Chaney does too. The play doesn't have to go 75 yards to be successful. There are massive holes in the defense that a dummy like me can see. Exploit them!

While reviewing some of the UVA game (I was actually checking for how many defenders we were inviting into the box), I saw this image pop up again: everything outside the hashes.

View attachment 263696

In this case, 6 defenders covering 4 eligible receivers completely outside the hashes.

You can do the Math. It’s a restricted space. And, there is a world of space in the middle.

It’s something I also mentioned during the GT game - where we stayed outside the hashes a ton, until we successfully tried a couple vertical routes (I believe one to Young and one to Restrepo) *splitting their 2 deep Safeties.*

Thought we could discuss the different reasons we’re limiting the field more often than is beneficial and what, within the ‘infusion of Air Raid concepts,’ we can do differently. I know many will just say ‘it’s on TVD,’ but there has to be more to it.

Have at it…

That is normally where you would see a TE but we dont use those.

Advertisement
So basically our OC sucks again?

Or is it TVD limiting him?
You can have Don Shula or whom ever in the HOF as OC , if your QB can't run it then it becomes glaringly clear as it’s been.

People in HS I always threw the ball better then our QB in warm ups long and short did I have the understanding of reads and check offs to be a QB NOPE .

I looked awesome in practice over shadowing our starter BIG TIME.

Put a hard rush on me I’d throw the ball to the coach NO WAY I’d rather go back to the pits .

GOCANES

No it’s not and you, like TVD, would be throwing that INT to the safety instead of the corner or at best, it’s a hospital ball as Brashard would be exposed to that safety.
It was open and that's an NFL throw. The second you see the defenders back of the head its on a line right over his inside shoulder. The other defender is occupied the safety is still too high over the top to come get it if it's thrown on time. The 2 things that should be happening on the play is he hits brashard in stride and hes 1 on 1 with the safety, or the LB is called for PI. At worst it's in the dirt.

One of the best offenses in the NFL will absolutely burn you in the middle of the field…. My Miami Dolphins. It doesn’t hurt that they have crazy speed that threatens you vertically and a very skilled anticipation passer who loves the middle

1. For an OC to not scheme guys to run routes in the middle of the field is craziness

2. If we’re not doing it because TVD struggles with it, then that’s also ridiculous too

All I know is our TEs and RBs are basically non existent in the passing game and that’s unacceptable

Advertisement
Back