Venables breaks down how he prepared for our offense

I agree with YOU but I was just bringing nuance. A lotta these boys on here try to punch above their weight with lazy stances.

im not sure that I like the overall philosophy of the defense in some areas. And I’m not sold on baker either way. He’s just here IMO.
But to listen to this man say we look at teams that we DONT play against and teams that we MIGHT play against tells me a lot. Because somebody(s) gotta cut up that tape.

As far as baker or any DC or OC. It’s just like school. Some people prepare well but suck at tests. Some ppl prepare horrible but Ace tests. Some do neither and some ppl do both.

coaching matters a lot. Great athletes cover up mediocre coaching better than mediocre Players cover excellent coaching most of the time.
QFT. THIS guy gets it.. Dude has #1 team in nation and still goin on road to visit Iowa St. to learn about their defense.. He is still improving, learning, throwing on random teams even for just 10 minutes to see what they are doing.. We still letting Etienne wide open..

Advertisement
Is this real life?

Only our fans question a man who is at the top of his game like BV is and then in the same breath chalk it up to talent like the man didn't bring in all the pieces.

You do know, it doesn't hurt to give credit where credit is due sometimes. Game recognizes game and he's got it.

He played the same defense versus borrow and he got torched because they had dogs at Wide receiver that beat that press coverage and Borrow knew how to throw that back shoulder and receivers when up and high pointed the ball in the air.. we gotta find playmakers in this team and give them Playing time!
So you need the best college offense of all time to beat him? We’re almost there...

What a fluff answer... “we prepared by studying film”... took him 4 minutes to get that across. Then he has the gall to say that his guys played “clean”... and it’s been discussed at length that his guys had multiple uncalled penalties (holding, blocks in the back, targeting) but were favored by the refs. The real answer is “we loaded the box and felt our cornerbacks were superior to their receivers”...
And we were still down 10 at the half with his wizardry, the offensive ineptitude, and our defense ****ting the bed.

Kudos to them for pulling out all the stops to kill our momentum, because we could have given them a run.

Looking forward to the rematch.

Advertisement
There's nothing earth shattering about what he did.

He played the 3-4 Tite Front on run downs to take away our Inside Zone running plays. (which is probably what he got from Iowa State)
He took away the middle of the field in the passing game and forced us to take the 1-on-1 matchups outside.

And if your WR's can't win those matchups then you're doomed.

Advertisement
Dude has been doing this for YEARSSSS, if people really go thru clemson commit list they just started going 5 star heavy recently, they evaluate and develop their guys.. A guy like Isaiah Simmons was not 5 star guy but was a monster for them..
Thank you. Clemson was getting a lot of 4 & 3 star guys and coaching them up. Simmons wasn’t no 5 star or 4 star. He was the 25th ranked S as a 3 star.

So when I harp & harp & harp on coaching & player development, Clemson is one of the 1st programs that come to mind. Now, they are being flushed w/ the #1 or #2 players in the nation at their position.

Isaiah Simmons was a 4* rated recruit by 247 and the third best player in Kansas while also being invited to the Semper Fi bowl. That doesn't sound very lowly rated to me. Shaq lawson was a low 4 star???? That's the best you have?

3 3* kids who play in the NFL? Come on man. I've got a bridge to sell you since you'll eat any kind of narrative up without really thinking abou ***
Came into say this too.they ain't turning chicken **** into chicken salad.

The isaiah Simmons thing is overblown, dude was a highly rated recruit. How the heck u think clemson knew about his *** in Kansas

The isaiah Simmons thing is overblown, dude was a highly rated recruit. How the heck u think clemson knew about his *** in Kansas
People make it seem like Clemson is on Bama/OSU/even UGA level of blue chip ratio.. Most would be surprised by the results they get compared to those guys. I dont see why its hard to see that.. They get players, every top team has players but we have players too.. We look LOST every time we play..

Venables is a Kansas guy. Believe he went to k state and is in the bill Synder tree. Think he grew up there too.

Advertisement
There's nothing earth shattering about what he did.

He played the 3-4 Tite Front on run downs to take away our Inside Zone running plays. (which is probably what he got from Iowa State)
He took away the middle of the field in the passing game and forced us to take the 1-on-1 matchups outside.

And if your WR's can't win those matchups then you're doomed.
Nothing earth shattering but we were DEAD in water from first play in.. DONEZO?! No rub routes, no slants, middle of field was wide open, mesh, screens?!

Just sat in rain while the **** ran down our legs from first qtr you could see we couldnt do ****.. very disappointing..

Now compare that "nothing earth shattering" to us KNOWING Etienne is getting ball and every play they ran to him was open and easy, they never broke a sweat for every play they ran..

People make it seem like Clemson is on Bama/OSU/even UGA level of blue chip ratio.. Most would be surprised by the results they get compared to those guys. I dont see why its hard to see that.. They get players, every top team has players but we have players too.. We look LOST every time we play..
They Do get that level of the DL though. Likely better guys. But they also go for scheme fits more so than alot of the elites.

Other than Simmons I cant name a line backer from there ru that I would want to start for us.

They develop guys though and I like that about them

They Do get that level of the DL though. Likely better guys. But they also go for scheme fits more so than alot of the elites.

Other than Simmons I cant name a line backer from there ru that I would want to start for us.

They develop guys though and I like that about them
Agreed with all this, The skalskis, tre Lamar, kendall joseph thumper types are scheme fits, I think LB and Safety they just find a certain type and the "money" is spent at Dline and corner

Advertisement
Venables is a Kansas guy. Believe he went to k state and is in the bill Synder tree. Think he grew up there too.

Forgot about that to.

Isaiah Simmons is/was similar to the Chase Smoth kid in our class. Criminally underrated due to projection. Both played wr in high school to

Nothing earth shattering but we were DEAD in water from first play in.. DONEZO?! No rub routes, no slants, middle of field was wide open, mesh, screens?!

Just sat in rain while the **** ran down our legs from first qtr you could see we couldnt do ****.. very disappointing..

Now compare that "nothing earth shattering" to us KNOWING Etienne is getting ball and every play they ran to him was open and easy, they never broke a sweat for every play they ran..
If Lashlee doesn't adjust, why should Venables change anything?

Clemson's strategy of recruiting is genius and simple. They mainly focus on the most important positions (DL, WR, QB, CB, and OL) and plug guys in. I don't think anyone should doubt Clemson recruiting on a high-level, although they've just started recruiting like the top 3 teams do annually. What's more impressive is the system they use which is indicative of the coach(es). There's little adjustments needed to be made unless they play a team that is equally as talented and or as challenging schematically.

Advertisement
Back