Venables breaks down how he prepared for our offense

I think the main thing LSU had was a go to receiver. Once they started lining up Jamar Chase in different spots across the formation and scheming ways to get him the ball it was over.
They had an offensive coordinator that schemed and moved things around. If Lashlee went two tight ends and moved them around rather than run inside zone then have the WRs fight for a low percentage completion, who knows what happens.

Advertisement
No sh*t. They are loaded with 5 stars up n down their front 4 and at corner.

They arent inventing the wheel on defense.
Buddy, they're bringing more fronts, coverages, variations of coverages, blitzes, and personnel groups than anyone in the country. Analysts are jammed the f up working on this chit for the past month. It's not just the dudes, it's the scheme too. Mix them both in and you're Manny'd

Agreed alot.

But Isaiah Simmons was a 4 star prospect. Alot keep downplaying him as a prospect for whatever reason to show that he was developed, but the kid came in there as a big time recruit
Composition gave him .8700 score making him an overall 3 star. It’s the same thing with Michael Jackson; he was a 4 star on rivals, but his comp score gave him as an overall 3 star ranking.

But also think about this champ, Simmons was a S prospect from KS, right? Brent saw he struggled as a pure S, but clearly dude was an athlete, so he was moved to LB where he just took off. That’s the type of chit JJ used to do here. Some kids outgrow the position but clearly have talent, so they move them to a position to best utilize that untapped ability.

Why Amari is still being used as a S frustrates the fck outta me, just like Ray Ray Armstrong. We got the pieces, but I feel between the attrition and then the misuse of the pieces we have, have led to a stale product.

What’s ur thoughts?

They dont even drop bags on the OL, they pretty much get avg guys there (Only because of success you now see some high rated ol jump in the boat). Its mainly DL, WR, QB, CB And it didnt just start..they bagged Sammy Watkins out of Fort Myers.

Their offensive scheme is based off dink n dunking , quick pass witht he occasional bombs so their ol doesnt have to be top flight.

You can run anything on defense when your stacking the front four with high 4 star and 5 star caliber players. What helps them is that the Carolinas produce a high level of dl talent yearly and the schools in the area arent great football programs. Then they can get a dl or two from the metro atl area that is neearby.

-EVERY RECRUITIGN CLASS ...OUR MAIN FOCUS SHOULD BE GETTING TOP QUALITY DL. Not Project /development types...im talking guys ready to roll from the get. Thats what top defenses like Clemson, Ohio State, and Bama does.
That's why I put OL last lol. When I say they've just started recruiting like the top teams I'm moreso speaking of team rating. They consistently ranked in the 9-20 range up until recently-- #7 in 2018, #10 in 2019, #3 in 2020, and #4 in this year's class.

The thing is our net is usually restricted only to Florida, or locally, when recruiting DL. The coaches need to establish a base in another state in case the talent isn't up to par down here. I hear a lot of posters say the Houston area has a lot of kids that like UM. Do you think the staff is using the necessary resources to recruit DL elsewhere? If not, where do you think they should spend more time?

Advertisement
That’s a testament to the defense because you literally have to be perfect. They hung with LSU for a while before the doors came loose. LSU just had to many playmakers.
Agree, and did one **** of a job all season of getting whoever was the hot hand all by himself in space. Brady is going to be an NFL HC next year. Orgeron cemented his legacy before losing out on the Joe B's

Agree, and did one **** of a job all season of getting whoever was the hot hand all by himself in space. Brady is going to be an NFL HC next year. Orgeron cemented his legacy before losing out on the Joe B's
You not lying about Brady. I was hoping ATL kicks the tires on him. I know he super green but what’s the worst that can happen 😂

Advertisement
That's why I put OL last lol. When I say they've just started recruiting like the top teams I'm moreso speaking of team rating. They consistently ranked in the 9-20 range up until recently-- #7 in 2018, #10 in 2019, #3 in 2020, and #4 in this year's class.

The thing is our net is usually restricted only to Florida, or locally, when recruiting DL. The coaches need to establish a base in another state in case the talent isn't up to par down here. I hear a lot of posters say the Houston area has a lot of kids that like UM. Do you think the staff is using the necessary resources to recruit DL elsewhere? If not, where do you think they should spend more time?
We recently signd 3 DL from NYC. We had 1 from NC last class. We pretty much recruit DL from all over. Not just locally.

In the next class IM HOPING we stay locally. DL TALENT is loaded here in the next class.

We recently signd 3 DL from NYC. We had 1 from NC last class. We pretty much recruit DL from all over. Not just locally.

In the next class IM HOPING we stay locally. DL TALENT is loaded here in the next class.
I understand that we got those guys from NYC, but as you said we need to start getting the 4 and 5* DL to compete. Our recent 4 /5* DL signees are all from FL: Chantz, Jahfari, and Nesta. That's why I said they need to branch out elsewhere if the talent isn't up to par down here. DJ Johnson was the only other highly-rated pull from out of state and he isn't on the team.

2022 is ridiculously good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back