Venables breaks down how he prepared for our offense

he's good but his defense is very beatable. lets not forgot UNC torched that defense even Virginia to an extent. our offense had a very bad day but I wouldn't even say the o-line had a horrible game most of the sacks were coverage sacks from our WRs being clamped up 1 on 1 and the TEs are schemed out. also its easier to play defense when a team is in a hole and chasing the game. I also agree with everyone Baker is not good enough. I dont understand why we play such soft coverage we have big corners why don't we press with over top coverage.

Advertisement
During isolation, Baker hung out at home and watched chick flicks, while Venarial bettered his craft. He didn’t seem to have watched film from the last time we played Clemson, as were similar to the. And FSU scripted series...horizontal w getting ball out quick and some misdirection.

Advertisement
U probably right . But they also got 100 coaches on staff at a state university that generates A LOT of revenue. Budget different. The DC **** near gets paid like a HC at a lot of schools

y’all always ready to point a finger at coaches, which is cool and deserved. But let’slook at resources too

follow the money
We don’t need to ask why we don’t beat elite teams. The answer is obviously both coaches and players. The real question is why do the canes routinely lose to teams with lesser talent... and the answer is coaching.

The impact of a coach and scheme is easy to quantify. Look at Miami’s D under manny vs under D’no. At the end of this season hopefully we can see the same improvement from Enos/Richt to Lashlee.

he's good but his defense is very beatable. lets not forgot UNC torched that defense even Virginia to an extent. our offense had a very bad day but I wouldn't even say the o-line had a horrible game most of the sacks were coverage sacks from our WRs being clamped up 1 on 1 and the TEs are schemed out. also its easier to play defense when a team is in a hole and chasing the game. I also agree with everyone Baker is not good enough. I dont understand why we play such soft coverage we have big corners why don't we press with over top coverage.

UNC? That must be a typo lol UNC had 20 points and 290 yards of offense. They were in that game because their defense shut down Clemson's offense. Something we've never come close to doing.

What a fluff answer... “we prepared by studying film”... took him 4 minutes to get that across. Then he has the gall to say that his guys played “clean”... and it’s been discussed at length that his guys had multiple uncalled penalties (holding, blocks in the back, targeting) but were favored by the refs. The real answer is “we loaded the box and felt our cornerbacks were superior to their receivers”...
Exactly right. It was superior talent and execution. Guy knew our receivers were soft, left his corners on islands and stacked the box to take away the run. If we had someone to win those one on one matchups it’s not as simple. He knew the guys he had and the guys we lacked. That’s it.

Advertisement
I took one of what could have been countless examples. Take the loss dude. You put your foot in your mouth, now chew.
Where are all the other countless examples. My comment was the big 12, when Venables was there, isn’t the No lick of defense league it is now. Also OKLA was a pretty good F at that time too because they got a lot of studs.

you proved nothing, like at all. Why would I take an L. You haven’t proved anything. K state, TX okla, Braska, all those teams had defend defenses and the conference wasn’t the shoot it out conference it is now.

Lol at the low star recruits comment lol

Yea Sammy Watkins
Lawrence etc etc etc

2star specials
One player they develop then they get the ole "they find diamonds and turn them into 5 star" comments

Holy **** this board is fried

I agree with YOU but I was just bringing nuance. A lotta these boys on here try to punch above their weight with lazy stances.

im not sure that I like the overall philosophy of the defense in some areas. And I’m not sold on baker either way. He’s just here IMO.
But to listen to this man say we look at teams that we DONT play against and teams that we MIGHT play against tells me a lot. Because somebody(s) gotta cut up that tape.

As far as baker or any DC or OC. It’s just like school. Some people prepare well but suck at tests. Some ppl prepare horrible but Ace tests. Some do neither and some ppl do both.

coaching matters a lot. Great athletes cover up mediocre coaching better than mediocre Players cover excellent coaching most of the time.

Who y’all take in a championship game Diaz or Saban?

Diaz w Alabama roster OR Saban with Yale roster? I’ll hang up and listen

Advertisement
Baker obviously did nothing. Blitz & Blitz some more....
Hold up now, Blake looked like **** in the first half but once he switched to different variations of cover 2 and took away the middle of the field he forced some punts. Lashlee is the one who refused to adjust.

He played the same defense versus borrow and he got torched because they had dogs at Wide receiver that beat that press coverage and Borrow knew how to throw that back shoulder and receivers when up and high pointed the ball in the air.. we gotta find playmakers in this team and give them Playing time!
bingo. their corners got torched by LSU WRs.

Advertisement
he has the players, im sure when he didnt people ran up and down his defense

Nope it's not just about the players with him, Venebles comes from the Bill Synder (Kansas ST) coaching tree as a player, Grad Assistant, and Coach. Bill Synder if you didn't know is the master of details and preparation.

As for Baker, he suffers from "ENRON Syndrome" combined with SGitR! Which is why he gets his lunched eaten by OC's worth a ****.

Go Canes

liberty explained it

Hold up now, Blake looked like **** in the first half but once he switched to different variations of cover 2 and took away the middle of the field he forced some punts. Lashlee is the one who refused to adjust.
Yeah... not so much.

Again we are at the point where we need first round NFL talent at every position to have a chance. At what point do the coaches actually have to do their **** job and not get outcoached on Saturdays repeatedly? I mean we see teams with lesser talent scheme their way to points against us yearly but we can't muster up more than one garbage time touchdown against Clemson in 3 games without a top pick at QB, 2 first round receivers and a first round back? Please tell me how many programs have had that type of lineup? It just doesn't happen so that means we will never be competitive against top programs again. Not saying we should have beaten Clemson but we couldn't even get first rounds let alone put together a drive.
Lsu had a two star receiver killing Clemson and pope was the number one WR on Florida right lol

Advertisement
Back