Van Dyke on Joe rose

On Joe rose as I type this, basically said he got better as the season went along due to confidence.

-First things first he gave credit to his O-line for keeping him upright.

-Said the team rallied around his comments prior to the NC State game, and it helped to bring the team together.

-He had high praise for Lashlee, his preparation for every game and he’s happy for him that he’s getting a shot as a HC.

-He’s trying to convince Rambo to come back for another season, but understands if he goes to the NFL, as he had a record setting season.

-Said to start the season he wasn’t a vocal leader (obviously as King was starting) but as he gained the starting job he grew more into that role of holding players accountable.

-He’s super excited for the offensive talent coming back, especially the running backs and freshman receivers.

-Said he’s going with the flow and not paying attention to what’s going on with the AD and coaching search, said manny did a good job keeping players motivated and playing hard. (What else do you expect him to say)

-He said he’s getting more and more NIL deals,
His agent keeps track of everything he has to do in regards to NIL responsibilities.

-He went to a fins game as a kid due to a family relationship with Tony Sparano, and always wanted to play in Hard Rock Stadium.

-through the highs and lows he had to remind himself to play with confidence as he has his whole life.

-Fastest receivers is a toss up between Harley/ and both Smiths.

-King has played a huge role in his development as a man, a player and a leader in the locker room.

-He is involved in recruiting a bit of contacting and texting recruits trying to bring good players here.

Nothing of substance really, just thought I would share the cliff notes!

SCHWING!!!!!

Advertisement
Manny is a schmutz, but I give him credit for reeling in D'Eriq King two years back as that kid's leadership and locker room influence helped the culture.

First thing I thought when he said he was returning in 2021 wasn't even about him, but what that bonus year around him meant for TVD and Garcia; glad to hear King has had such an impact on he and the other guys on this squad.

I understand what you are saying in THEORY but lets be honest. There is rarely any such thing as an open competition at quarterback when a guy is as accomplished as TVD is now. That is at any school. Perhaps on occasion there should be, i mean look at what happened with Rattler. But lets just keep it real. You are gonna have to show me the instances where this genuinely happens because i cant recall any.

Agree.

TVD has emerged as a team leader and has the offense behind him. He's getting it done, he just won ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year for a reason and he is the difference between 7-5 and the 4-8 season Diaz was tracking towards after 2-4.

His ten games under his belt and experience from 2021 mean more than Garcia hypothetically looking better on a few throws or scrimmages at Greentree next spring.

Garcia taking over puts the offense and team morale back at square one—undoing ten weeks worth of what TVD built as a leader.

Seems the only people who'd want this are the Team Garcia crowd who doesn't want to concede that the Team Van Dyke crowd won out on who'd be named "the guy" under center.

Advertisement
Agree.

TVD has emerged as a team leader and has the offense behind him. He's getting it done, he just won ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year for a reason and he is the difference between 7-5 and the 4-8 season Diaz was tracking towards after 2-4.

His ten games under his belt and experience from 2021 mean more than Garcia hypothetically looking better on a few throws or scrimmages at Greentree next spring.

Garcia taking over puts the offense and team morale back at square one—undoing ten weeks worth of what TVD built as a leader.

Seems the only people who'd want this are the Team Garcia crowd who doesn't want to concede that the Team Van Dyke crowd won out on who'd be named "the guy" under center.
Kosar=tvd
Testaverde =Garcia
Walsh =???

I understand what you are saying in THEORY but lets be honest. There is rarely any such thing as an open competition at quarterback when a guy is as accomplished as TVD is now. That is at any school. Perhaps on occasion there should be, i mean look at what happened with Rattler. But lets just keep it real. You are gonna have to show me the instances where this genuinely happens because i cant recall any.
Do you think these guys were competitive?

um.jpg

Advertisement
I don't think lack of effort was an issue. Poor tackling and defensive scheme was the biggest issue with this team. I still wonder what happens in the Mich St game if Mallory catches that TD pass and we go up 14-3. Completely changed the momentum

I wonder the same but D’eriq beat himself up playing hero ball. He wanted it so bad. We didn’t protect him and he didn’t protect himself.

MSU was the worst game of his career. So much so, people are rewriting the narrative of his career for the worst.

I am glad the team improved execution over time. The App State game should have been easier as well, but drops and missed blocks hurt us early. King played really well in most aspects that game, but the defensive failures make people forget.

But in the interview, van Dyke did not publicly endorse keeping Manny in any way shape or form. All he said was that Manny did a good job keeping them motivated and playing hard, he did not make any comments about hoping that he is retained for next season.
He was obviously instructed by Manny not to. He and several other players already injected themselves into the issue on their own anyway. Manny told them, "thanks, but stand down". This is no indication that the kids don't support him. They've said as much already.

What an awesome interview! Tyler is such a humble, smart, and likable kid.

With all the drama going on, we are lucky to have him in our QB room.

Advertisement
You never forego a shot at the NFL. That's crazy. Being a GA will always be there. You only get one or two shots at the NFL out of college. Thats asinine

It’s a waste of time, but fine. He’ll be a coach / GA a few months later than he would otherwise. He’s not sticking on an NFL roster.

On Joe rose as I type this, basically said he got better as the season went along due to confidence.

-Said the team rallied around his comments prior to the NC State game, and it helped to bring the team together.

-He had high praise for Lashlee, his preparation for every game and he’s happy for him that he’s getting a shot as a HC.

-He’s trying to convince Rambo to come back for another season, but understands if he goes to the NFL, as he had a record setting season.

-Said to start the season he wasn’t a vocal leader (obviously as King was starting) but as he gained the starting job he grew more into that role of holding players accountable.

-He’s super excited for the offensive talent coming back, especially the running backs and freshman receivers.

-Said he’s going with the flow and not paying attention to what’s going on with the AD and coaching search, said manny did a good job keeping players motivated and playing hard. (What else do you expect him to say)

His agent keeps track of everything he has to do in regards to NIL responsibilities.

-He went to a fins game as a kid due to a family relationship with Tony Sparano, and always wanted to play in Hard Rock Stadium.

-through the highs and lows he had to remind himself to play with confidence as he has his whole life.

-King has played a huge role in his development as a man, a player and a leader in the locker room.

-He is involved in recruiting a bit of contacting and texting recruits trying to bring good players here.

Did he comment on the 95% of cis that said Garcia was the next qb?

Advertisement

Thanks OP

lol who the **** are you to say it’s a waste of time for him to shoot his shot at making the NFL? Goofy ***.

Someone who has watched him enough to know he won’t make the pros, and I’m a fan of King.

Keep the personal attacks coming. People generally gravitate to that level when they are losing arguments. Thanks for admitting it.

Advertisement
Back