Van Dyke on Joe rose

CanesLifer2

Junior
On Joe rose as I type this, basically said he got better as the season went along due to confidence.

-First things first he gave credit to his O-line for keeping him upright.

-Said the team rallied around his comments prior to the NC State game, and it helped to bring the team together.

-He had high praise for Lashlee, his preparation for every game and he’s happy for him that he’s getting a shot as a HC.

-He’s trying to convince Rambo to come back for another season, but understands if he goes to the NFL, as he had a record setting season.

-Said to start the season he wasn’t a vocal leader (obviously as King was starting) but as he gained the starting job he grew more into that role of holding players accountable.

-He’s super excited for the offensive talent coming back, especially the running backs and freshman receivers.

-Said he’s going with the flow and not paying attention to what’s going on with the AD and coaching search, said manny did a good job keeping players motivated and playing hard. (What else do you expect him to say)

-He said he’s getting more and more NIL deals,
His agent keeps track of everything he has to do in regards to NIL responsibilities.

-He went to a fins game as a kid due to a family relationship with Tony Sparano, and always wanted to play in Hard Rock Stadium.

-through the highs and lows he had to remind himself to play with confidence as he has his whole life.

-Fastest receivers is a toss up between Harley/ and both Smiths.

-King has played a huge role in his development as a man, a player and a leader in the locker room.

-He is involved in recruiting a bit of contacting and texting recruits trying to bring good players here.

Nothing of substance really, just thought I would share the cliff notes!

Advertisement
King should forego trying to be an NFL player and just shift into coaching / GA role. That guy is a born leader and could be a college coach in short order. I have no doubt he’s provided immeasurable benefit to TVDs growth
You never forego a shot at the NFL. That's crazy. Being a GA will always be there. You only get one or two shots at the NFL out of college. Thats asinine

Advertisement
But in the interview, van Dyke did not publicly endorse keeping Manny in any way shape or form. All he said was that Manny did a good job keeping them motivated and playing hard, he did not make any comments about hoping that he is retained for next season.

On Joe rose as I type this, basically said he got better as the season went along due to confidence.

-Said the team rallied around his comments prior to the NC State game, and it helped to bring the team together.

-He had high praise for Lashlee, his preparation for every game and he’s happy for him that he’s getting a shot as a HC.

-He’s trying to convince Rambo to come back for another season, but understands if he goes to the NFL, as he had a record setting season.

-Said to start the season he wasn’t a vocal leader (obviously as King was starting) but as he gained the starting job he grew more into that role of holding players accountable.

-He’s super excited for the offensive talent coming back, especially the running backs and freshman receivers.

-Said he’s going with the flow and not paying attention to what’s going on with the AD and coaching search, said manny did a good job keeping players motivated and playing hard. (What else do you expect him to say)

His agent keeps track of everything he has to do in regards to NIL responsibilities.

-He went to a fins game as a kid due to a family relationship with Tony Sparano, and always wanted to play in Hard Rock Stadium.

-through the highs and lows he had to remind himself to play with confidence as he has his whole life.

-King has played a huge role in his development as a man, a player and a leader in the locker room.

-He is involved in recruiting a bit of contacting and texting recruits trying to bring good players here.

Good stuff man.

Advertisement

Thanks man. Appreciate the post and summary.

But in the interview, van Dyke did not publicly endorse keeping Manny in any way shape or form. All he said was that Manny did a good job keeping them motivated and playing hard, he did not make any comments about hoping that he is retained for next season.
I don't think lack of effort was an issue. Poor tackling and defensive scheme was the biggest issue with this team. I still wonder what happens in the Mich St game if Mallory catches that TD pass and we go up 14-3. Completely changed the momentum

Advertisement
I don't think lack of effort was an issue. Poor tackling and defensive scheme was the biggest issue with this team. I still wonder what happens in the Mich St game if Mallory catches that TD pass and we go up 14-3. Completely changed the momentum

Yep. Repeated mistakes and penalties killed this team, all a sign of poor coaching. It falls squarely on Diaz.

Joe was doing some crying this morning that he can't believe the school is keeping their sister station out of the loop.

And that it's unfair what they're doing to Manny while he's out recruiting his butt off.

Thank you for summarizing

Advertisement
King should forego trying to be an NFL player and just shift into coaching / GA role. That guy is a born leader and could be a college coach in short order. I have no doubt he’s provided immeasurable benefit to TVDs growth
Make the move to slot receiver and give the pros a shot. But King has been invaluable as a leader here even though it never really clicked at QB (I'm gonna say Lashlee didn't do him any favors either). If we finally get turned around he will be a major part of that.

Advertisement
Back