Van Dyke on Joe rose

Thanks for the summary OP. ****** and Dumbham interviewed him yesterday because of his ACC Rookie of the year honor. His comments were very similar to these. Nothing earth shattering as one would expect. He seems very grounded and humble and is ready to get back to work.

Advertisement
But in the interview, van Dyke did not publicly endorse keeping Manny in any way shape or form. All he said was that Manny did a good job keeping them motivated and playing hard, he did not make any comments about hoping that he is retained for next season.
THIS.

Bro he isn’t going to make it past first cuts at QB. Love king as a person and he seems like a great kid tho.
I don't know what he will do or how far he will make it. It's still dumb as **** not to even attempt it, when you're in his position and that is a goal of yours.

Advertisement
Bro he isn’t going to make it past first cuts at QB. Love king as a person and he seems like a great kid tho.

There’s 0 shot he declares as a QB, he’s definitely going in as a WR/athlete, ala Antwan Randel-el or a role similar to Cordarrelle Patterson

King should forego trying to be an NFL player and just shift into coaching / GA role. That guy is a born leader and could be a college coach in short order. I have no doubt he’s provided immeasurable benefit to TVDs growth
Not sure he can just pass up a chance to play in the pros but I agree with you that if he wants to be a coach in the future he has what it takes to be a leader.

Advertisement
Thanks for the summary OP. ****** and Dumbham interviewed him yesterday because of his ACC Rookie of the year honor. His comments were very similar to these. Nothing earth shattering as one would expect. He seems very grounded and humble and is ready to get back to work.
TVD really seems to have the ideal mentality for a QB, never to high or too low. Doesn't hurt that he has some serious arm talent and has shown he can read a defense as well.

Advertisement
On Joe rose as I type this, basically said he got better as the season went along due to confidence.

-First things first he gave credit to his O-line for keeping him upright.

-Said the team rallied around his comments prior to the NC State game, and it helped to bring the team together.

-He had high praise for Lashlee, his preparation for every game and he’s happy for him that he’s getting a shot as a HC.

-He’s trying to convince Rambo to come back for another season, but understands if he goes to the NFL, as he had a record setting season.

-Said to start the season he wasn’t a vocal leader (obviously as King was starting) but as he gained the starting job he grew more into that role of holding players accountable.

-He’s super excited for the offensive talent coming back, especially the running backs and freshman receivers.

-Said he’s going with the flow and not paying attention to what’s going on with the AD and coaching search, said manny did a good job keeping players motivated and playing hard. (What else do you expect him to say)

-He said he’s getting more and more NIL deals,
His agent keeps track of everything he has to do in regards to NIL responsibilities.

-He went to a fins game as a kid due to a family relationship with Tony Sparano, and always wanted to play in Hard Rock Stadium.

-through the highs and lows he had to remind himself to play with confidence as he has his whole life.

-Fastest receivers is a toss up between Harley/ and both Smiths.

-King has played a huge role in his development as a man, a player and a leader in the locker room.

-He is involved in recruiting a bit of contacting and texting recruits trying to bring good players here.

Nothing of substance really, just thought I would share the cliff notes!
thanks!

-Said he’s going with the flow and not paying attention to what’s going on with the AD and coaching search, said manny did a good job keeping players motivated and playing hard. (What else do you expect him to say)

that's pretty big. nothing about being excited for diaz to come back or the players being behind him. twitter fingers are one thing, but when you're put on the spot/live that's pretty telling.

Advertisement
There is no quarterback competition next year. WHO thought that was even possible just a couple of months ago? Definitely not me.
I like TVD alot, but there should always be open competition at UM for any starting position even qb . Nothing given, everything earned.

I don't think lack of effort was an issue. Poor tackling and defensive scheme was the biggest issue with this team. I still wonder what happens in the Mich St game if Mallory catches that TD pass and we go up 14-3. Completely changed the momentum
Exactly. There is no questioning Manny's passion, energy, and effort, and the players love him for that. The problem is the technical side and his apparent inability to teach and enforce techniques, scheme and gameplan, and develop the skills of players. That's why I have no issues with who Manny is as a person and don't question his love and motivation for the team. I simply see that he doesn't have the coaching skills and abilities to be a good coach.

I like TVD alot, but there should always be open competition at UM for any starting position even qb . Nothing given, everything earned.

I understand what you are saying in THEORY but lets be honest. There is rarely any such thing as an open competition at quarterback when a guy is as accomplished as TVD is now. That is at any school. Perhaps on occasion there should be, i mean look at what happened with Rattler. But lets just keep it real. You are gonna have to show me the instances where this genuinely happens because i cant recall any.

Advertisement
Back