Van Dyke - How's He Looking In Practice?

Advertisement
After seeing King, I definitely prefer a mobile QB.

But "that oline" will be dramatically better next season. Everyone but Williams is back, Walker and Rivers will be ready, hopefully Donaldson and Scaife get right in the head and in the S&C. And if you haven't already seen Big Baby, he is the first true freshman in years that I believe will legitimately be ready to start day one.

I'm actually excited about the OL for the first time since the Henderson, Linder days. And it's not like TVD is a statue like Kaaya was. I have no idea how he's playing right now. But I don't think the OL is going to be the reason he's good or bad at Miami.
This O-Line needs a full, normal preseason program and Justice is probably on Feeleys ***, telling him that they need to get stronger.

You don't say this, but nobody on this staff will believe we beat Bama next year. With the QB in mind, you do keep it simple. You don't beat him down and kill his confidence by asking a lot out of him. If it's close and late, you let them loose, see what happens.
I’m sorry what?

Advertisement
No one here knows how he will be in real games. Could be a star, flop or somewhere in between. Do not even know yet who the starter will be. Lot more concerned about existing problems for rest of this season.
Preach! Literally no one knows until we see him in a game.

Want to know if he has potential? Ask the starting Defense they face him every week.

King or Willis next year. That’s it. Anything else and I BELIEVE we take a step back.

He looks good. He's big, he's an athlete, he throws with easy heat and has touch. Not a runner but can get outside the pocket. Serious approach. Everybody expects him to be the QB of the future, including the players.

The true test will be full contact. Until then, you don't really know.
Is it in any way just me or is the pop ups every two and a half seconds you guys way of promoting the fee for ad free & does it make the site freeze for others as well? Just curious. Definitely not complaining any.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When i see TVD ...is physical and body type screams Andy Dalton 2.0 go look at TCU higlights which he ran RPO..i would be excited if TVD can show the accuracy and the ability to rack up 500 yards rushing while avg 2500 yards passing. I want king back and like to see TVD in some games next year.

Color me impressed. Tyler Van Dyke is a 6'4" 212 pound prototypical gunslinger dynamo who has the athleticism of a three sport star and the quarterbacking refinement to boot. I compiled 18 narrated clips so you could get a feel for his game. I will remind the CanesinSight faithful that after his junior year I gave Van Dyke a Roman Rank of a low 4 star. After his senior year? Stock up!

Immediately upon watching his senior campaign I noticed a back away from center and a much more wide open spread offense. His offensive coordinator had widen splits along the perimeter and in this capacity Van Dyke's arm talent shined. He also showed the athleticism and escapability to extend and make plays. When you consider and take his testing numbers into consideration (Lance Roffers) you definitely have a kid capable of making plays with his arm and feet.

There is also bold claim in this video in terms of his arm strength you will not want to miss. So sit back, grab some popcorn and get to know your incoming QB. Quarterback breakdown series is on the big screen. (unless you are watching it from your phone)

Here’s Roman’s break down AGAIN. Mopes may want or review this before making anymore uninformed comments.

I know mopes like to be ahead of the curve at predicting failure, but can we maybe wait until he's actually thrown a pass?

I loved the kid as a prospect coming out of HS. HUDL shows serious skills. And so far no one has said a thing bad about him in college, only positive what little has been said. I expect he’ll be a good one. But not in 2021, at least we shouldn’t count on it.

King or portal. And if TVD beats out a quality portal QB, then he earned the job, it wasn’t given to him like it was for Kaaya and Perry and Williams.

Advertisement
Here’s Roman’s break down AGAIN. Mopes may want or review this before making anymore uninformed comments.
Roman's a smart guy and a proven hero. But no one knows **** about how Van ******* will do here. He's got the tools, but so have thousands of other QBs who have failed over the years in college football. We're going to see what he's all about, but listening to reviews on a QB, who has never played at this level, is useless.

Roman's a smart guy and a proven hero. But no one knows **** about how Van ******* will do here. He's got the tools, but so have thousands of other QBs who have failed over the years in college football. We're going to see what he's all about, but listening to reviews on a QB, who has never played at this level, is useless.
The main reason I posted Roman's break down was for those who were saying TVD wasn't mobile enough. I agree we won't know what he's got until the bullets start flyin' at him. However, if what we hear about his work ethic, demeanor, level headedness, and intelligence is true, it's a far cry from the **** star and the bong king.

Last edited:
Nobody is overselling it, he’s a good athlete , especially for his size. He’s just a pocket passer who’s not a runner by style. Move the chains a couple times a game by scrambling and moving the pocket is all he needs to do to be effective.

I don’t want this kid touching the field for another 2 years sick of young guys starting And having wide eyes and getting the big head

Reminds me of Jarren Williams. Accurate when given 5 full minutes to throw.

Advertisement
Back