Validation

I honestly thought our run game would lead the way because that’s usually the weakness of durkin defense but they played it well and we still laid 48 on them.

And another thing, i honestly think unless they fall apart like last year texas a&m will be a much better team this year. The qb is much better, got some guys offensively too, defense is talented. I think this win will age well

Advertisement
Awesome picture
IMG_0287.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a few have mentioned. You take those two ST botches out and we pretty much dominated them completely.

I had real concern about Rivers going into this game, but he was outstanding. I was so impressed by the OL, I frankly couldn't believe the amount of time that TVD routinely had.

On a side note, what is the deal with the older Brown, he seems to have taken a step back since camp when he was supposedly a written in stone starter.

Advertisement
**** good win! That UNC game will be huge. Both possibly undefeated at Chapel Hill. Got to fix some curses there as well.

UNC, Clemson, and FSU are the toughest tests imo. Combination of good-great QBs, great line play, skill positions and/or we haven’t beaten them in a minute.
#RevengeTour2.0

Advertisement
Advertisement
- This wasn't just a game between the #23 program and an unranked team. It was a game between two programs desperate for greatness. Two programs that have invested tens of millions into the cause. Two programs that have let their fanbases down for decades. It was a must win and Miami won.

- The word that comes to mind is validation. Cristobal came to town with three primary objectives- build an elite offensive line, overhaul the talent and put out a physically tough team. There has been tremendous progress in all three areas.

- Tyler Van Dyke reminds me of an old-school cowboy. Some people want him to be a more fiery leader, but his cool demeanor helps steady the tide when adversity hits. He had the same expression when we were giving the game away in the first as he did at the end. When he hit the last dagger TD to Jacolby, he walked off the field without even lifting his hands. He expected it. Superstar performance from him today.

- It took Cristobal and Mirabal one year to build the best offensive line since 2001. They were all good, and Jalen Rivers and Matt Lee in particular were outstanding. If you are elite at quarterback and offensive line, you have a chance to win a lot of games. We are. When was the last time you watched an Alabama game and felt like you were watching an inferior product at those two positions?

- As discussed on here and the CanesInSight podcast, the WR position has taken a huge leap forward. Xavier Restrepo is one of my favorite Canes in recent memory. On top of all the plays he makes, he is right there blowing people up on Brashard Smith's kickoff return. Pure football player. We missed him tremendously last year. Colbie Young is a different player now that he is in peak condition. And this game had to be an enormous confidence boost for the gifted Jacolby George. The past two staffs have been on him for inconsistency, and he was certainly inconsistent yesterday. But he persevered through the mistakes and won us the game. It was also nice to see Isaiah Horton make a monster play. He's dealt with some of the same issues as George and was injured during camp, but flashed the talent that had the staff comparing him to Ahmmon Richards.

- Lance Guidry went toe-to-toe with Bobby Petrino and put him back in a neckbrace. Texas A&M averaged 6.3 yards per pass, 3.3 per rush and turned it over three times. If not for special teams miscues and some penalties, it would have been even uglier. This is the biggest opportunity of Guidry's life and he is crushing it so far. One underrated story- the across-the-board improvement in tackling. Even when TAMU made a good play, it never became a great play because of sloppy tackling.

- Shannon Dawson also quieted some critics. This wasn't Mario force-feeding caveman football. We saw an efficient, modern offense that had no resemblance to the boring mess that went to College Station last year. The red zone calls in particular were outstanding- schemed up TDs to Young and George, and Fletcher lead blocking for a long Parrish run.

- I also want to give some love to DB Coach Jahmile Addae. I've been critical of him and his group looked to be the biggest weakness headed into this matchup. But they stepped up huge against some big-time WRs. Jaden Davis, Daryl Porter and Te'Cory Couch all played some of the best football of their lives.

- James Williams looked like a five star. The referees will arrest him before the end of the season, but he cares. The closing speed on his third-down tackle at the beginning of the fourth quarter was eye-popping.

- The news on Kam Kinchens after the game was bigger than the win. He is the definition of an All-American. In many ways, he is our Ed Reed. While he has a huge future off the field, he also has a lot of dreams on the field. Thank the Lord that all of those dreams remain intact.

- The least valuable performers yesterday- the refs and the stadium DJ who played "Livin' La Vida Loca" after the last George TD.

- There are a lot of fence-sitters with this program, and I don't blame them. But this win gave them a reason to believe. That goes for fans and recruits. I expect a huge wave of momentum in the next few weeks with the fanbase, recruiting and the media. Hopefully this team handles success as well as they handle adversity.
Guirdy invited Bobbys girl Jessica Dorrell. He put her in the recliners with the golden canes.

Advertisement
I was high on jacolby George all offseason. I singled him out next to Colby young in multiple threads. He’s the first guy I brought up in discussions. You haven’t seen the best of him yet I promise. That game wasn’t a coincidence. He was playing in tanks spot of our offense
I love you🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹 BIG PAUSE

i Wwent back and watched the game again and not going to lie Weigman played a **** of a game for how much we got after him. he gave them so many opportunities to stay in the game and never flinched his receivers did though lol.
Gotta give the kid props. He was getting punched in the mouth on the regular and kept on swinging.

the most refreshing thing was seeing us fully commit to throwing it.

we probably could have gotten some progress had we been stubborn with the run game but this is two games directly where Dawson and Van Dyke(through audibles) are just directly adjusting to what the defense gives them - and dominating

Advertisement
Back