valentine on why he chose L$U

I'm over this kid, this should be the last day his name is discussed on the site. Go Canes

Advertisement
that's one guy. and dorsey is a bust considering his draft position. wanna try again?
DT factory???? Name one impact D line player from LSU in the NFL today??
Glenn Dorsey niners and he means they produce 1st rounders. what they do in the NFL is a different story

Kyle Williams? Tyson Jackson? Brockers? They all had great years this year.

Like they literally had 4 key guys starting on 4 of the best defensive lines in the league. Stop this terrible argument.

Last edited:
I'd say it's an interesting comment by Valentine. What do our visits look like? If you are going to base it on fun, make darn sure it's very special and family oriented positive and lends itself to production, like the Pete Carroll method. If it's just stupid pointless games, I could see how some guys will be turned off or simply not impressed.

LSU will have him playing like a first three round NFL draft pick by the time he plays there. Not even mad.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but that actually makes a lot of sense. Is there any doubt he's going to become a much better player there than he would here?

I agree. The non-believers have sour grapes since we didn't win this kid. With our scheme, why would any highly rated DT want to come here? Does not compute. And we really need to quit it with the money excuses also. We did that and it didn't work because our coaching staffs have and continue to suck at developing players. Until we get a Howard, Jimmy or Butch clone walking through that door, we will be mired in mediocrity in all respects.

Yeah, right. Schnelly ran a less aggressive defense than does Golden/D'Onofrio. Schnelly ran a gap-control 5-2. That's why we had such a fiasco in '84 when Jimmy came in with some of his own coaches but the defensive coordinator was still running Howard's old read and react defense. It was like oil-and-water, the two competing philosophies on the coaching staff in '84. Finally, Jimmy took one of the stand-up DEs and told him to put his hand on the ground and do nothing but rush the passer. That happened during the halftime of, I believe, the '84 Purdue game when we couldn't get pressure on Jim Everett.

People here are so obsessed with "scheme" but I think there are some other factors at play, like mediocre athletic talent in the front 7 and the fact we might be too complex on defense with all the flexing between a 3-4 and 4-3. I'm a big fan of simplicity and the aggressive scheme of Jimmy Johnson. I think we could be more successful if we just stayed with the 4-3 because it is simpler, easier-to-learn, it's more fun to play, and other reasons.

As far as TV goes--someone posted in one of the threads that the issue was more one of admissions than people here like to believe. That is consistent with what I heard. I don't think it's true that AG can get anyone in if he really wants him. At some point admissions probably puts its foot down and says no.

is everyone forgetting about the "i don't want to have to play right away excuse" (paraphrase). that's why i don't trust what he says. he's had a number of different excuses, all of them plausible, some of them consistent with another, but at the end of the day he didn't want to be here. fine. i still prefer the guys like CT, Smith, Kaaya, etc., who manifest a heartfelt desire and determination, over these wishy-washy guys. time will tell, as it always does, but i wouldn't be shocked if he flamed out while other, more reserved, serious, mature guys excel. i get it though; he should go where he wants to, of course. just not sure it's gonna play out the way he thinks. check back in 3 years.

Advertisement
C70325C8-DD16-4E60-A4D0-2840C24DA30D.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

that's one guy. and dorsey is a bust considering his draft position. wanna try again?
DT factory???? Name one impact D line player from LSU in the NFL today??
Glenn Dorsey niners and he means they produce 1st rounders. what they do in the NFL is a different story

Kyle Williams? Tyson Jackson? Brockers? They all had great years this year.

Like they literally had 4 key guys starting on 4 of the best defensive lines in the league. Stop this terrible argument.

Like, you're totally right

I could give two ***** any more. Dudes like this, who commit to multiple schools with in two years...it's obvious they aren't loyal. They don't know the meaning of the word. They aren't true to the home town even tho most say..."it's my dream school," or it's the home town team." They are truly looking for a "business decision/proposition."

There are too many **** primadonna's out there these days. Too many feeling entitled, not willing to earn their respect and their place on the team. Dudes like this, I don't care to hear about ever again. I know these are young kids getting promises thrown their way by every big time university out there, but their actions speak much louder than their words.

Fk them.

Advertisement
You guys are getting all twisted up blabbering about first round picks.

Let me put it to you real simple.

Valentine (or any other elite prospect) doesn't give a flying **** about players that came before him and what they did. What he cares about is being put in the best position to showcase his skills so HE can make the most of his ability.

LSU's defense >>>>>>>>>>>>> our defense

SEC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ACC as far as exposure goes for a defensive player in particular.

Business decision.

You guys are getting all twisted up blabbering about first round picks.

Let me put it to you real simple.

Valentine (or any other elite prospect) doesn't give a flying **** about players that came before him and what they did. What he cares about is being put in the best position to showcase his skills so HE can make the most of his ability.

LSU's defense >>>>>>>>>>>>> our defense

SEC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ACC as far as exposure goes for a defensive player in particular.

Business decision.

/+ direct deposit

Advertisement
Back