valentine on why he chose L$U

canesmang1

Sophomore
"When I took my official there, that's when I knew that's where I wanted to go," he said. "Miami is more fun and games while LSU is more business. *It's really just a business decision and I think I made the right one for me and my family. My mom and I talked this thing through, we slept on it and we felt like LSU was the best place for us."

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/02/travonte_valentine_explains_wh.html

Advertisement
yep, pizza parties, cookie cakes and bowling. Can't blame TV at all for going to a DT factory like LSU. He'll be a 1st rounder in 3 years

yep, pizza parties, cookie cakes and bowling. Can't blame TV at all for going to a DT factory like LSU. He'll be a 1st rounder in 3 years

and won't do **** in the NFL thereafter.... either way, this is not the "i like the scheme better" that everyone else has been pumping.

Just wish him the best for his future and move on. No sense in bashing an 18 year old for changing his mind.

Advertisement
DT factory???? Name one impact D line player from LSU in the NFL today??

He was gone before his official. That was pretty apparent.

Hopefully, it really was a business decision and not a bu$ine$$ decision.

Advertisement
I'm sorry but that actually makes a lot of sense. Is there any doubt he's going to become a much better player there than he would here?

This guy is a joke!!! LSU is all business and UM is fun and games???? FOH!!! He is officially on my most hated list from So Fla....look for him to flip from LSU his soph yr.

I'm sorry but that actually makes a lot of sense. Is there any doubt he's going to become a much better player there than he would here?

I agree. The non-believers have sour grapes since we didn't win this kid. With our scheme, why would any highly rated DT want to come here? Does not compute. And we really need to quit it with the money excuses also. We did that and it didn't work because our coaching staffs have and continue to suck at developing players. Until we get a Howard, Jimmy or Butch clone walking through that door, we will be mired in mediocrity in all respects.

Advertisement

and won't do **** in the NFL thereafter.... either way, this is not the "i like the scheme better" that everyone else has been pumping.

DT factory???? Name one impact D line player from LSU in the NFL today??
Glenn Dorsey niners and he means they produce 1st rounders. what they do in the NFL is a different story

That's my point!! LSU has not produced any top DTs on the next level. Yeah they make it to the league, but that's it. UM have provided far and beyond more impact DTs throughout our history than LSU...they too run a "scheme" that works for college and their players falter on the next level.

Advertisement
"Business decision for me and my family"

This is all I need to knOw about him and his recruitment

Didn't read. Did he mention why he decommitted from Louisville and UF? I love the Golden bashers (I am not a huge fan of AG) who will use anything they can get their hands on to let everyone know how butthurt they are.

How bout this quote from TV:

I was planning on making a November decision, but things changed. I took a trip to Miami recently with my family and we loved it. I knew it was the place for me and my family supported it. It was different than any other trip because I had my family with me. Before I just committed to Louisville then UF without any help from my family. I'm done. This is my last commitment. I'm shutting recruiting down. I'm ready to be a Hurricane.

I guess not...

He cited the scheme a couple months ago. No one wanted to believe him. Al Golden had his chance and failed miserably. Don't blame the kid for wanting to play for an aggressive defense that puts kids in the league. Had Al handled his business, things might have been different.

No wait I thought it was Al flirting with P$U, no wait I thought it was hi$ bonding with LSU player$, no wait I thought it was the $cheme.... Oh $o it wa$n't any of tho$e thing$ it was ju$t a bu$iness deci$ion? Gotcha homeboy! Hope Genron take$ good care of you!

Advertisement
Back