Vag Tech had 12 sacks on the season

If the OL each lost about 20-30 lbs maybe they could move a little quicker? Their being badly beat off the line by quicker players.

Advertisement
Before today's game. They were 83rd in the country. 5 of their 12 sacks were from Ekanem, who didn't play tonight.

They had 8 or 9 sacks tonight.

Is our OL talent THAT MUCH worse than every team VT faced before us? I don't think they're a great OL. But I refuse to accept that they're THAT MUCH worse than all the teams VT faced before us this year.

They had 7 sacks from the guys who played against us coming into tonight's game. Once again, in the 6 games before facing us, the VT defenders who played against us tonight had 7 sacks. They surpassed that total on the season in 1 game against us.

I don't know if it's Searels or if it's faulty play designs and faulty blocking schemes, but you'll never convince me the raw material on our OL is THAT MUCH worse than all the teams VT played before us.

Imagine all our whiny posters having their periods in an olympic swimming pool full of great white sharks. Thats what our oline was vs Bud Foster.

I've asked the same question about the team in general the last 10 years. Is "team x" that much better than athlete wise than Miami.

Syracuse just handled VT last weekend. Do they have that much better athletes?

How do we have the worst offensive line in the country?

They have a QB who can move. O-lines in college are not good enough to have statues back there like the NFL.

There isn't an OL good enough to have a statue back there. The remaining question is why is he being sacked more?

I've asked the same question about the team in general the last 10 years. Is "team x" that much better than athlete wise than Miami.

They have a QB who can move. O-lines in college are not good enough to have statues back there like the NFL.

There isn't an OL good enough to have a statue back there. The remaining question is why is he being sacked more?

Kaaya must have been much more athletic his first couple years here. That's the only explanation. That and the same OL he played behind last year was better than they are this year. They're like bananas. They rot the longer they're in college.

Advertisement
If our line is so bad and Kaaya sacks himself, why not game plan around that? Where are the short hitch routes, crossing patterns, quick toss plays, etc...?

Why is Richrt setting Kaaya up to fail?

So he can recruit a better QB or replace BK with open competition next spring without taking the P R hit?????? Richt has a system that worked quite well with mediocre QBs at Georgia. Why should he change the system for an incumbent inferior QB?

Uhhhh... to win?

Our oline is pretty much the same guys as last year and they are worse. It's perfectly reasonable and logical to question Searels at this point.

I haven't wanted to admit it's coaching but this is true and at this point we need to figure out what they can do right and focus on that when game planning.

Advertisement

Kaaya must have been much more athletic his first couple years here. That's the only explanation. That and the same OL he played behind last year was better than they are this year. They're like bananas. They rot the longer they're in college.

duke johnson in 2014 and we lose 7 games. 2015 he wasnt good either and only won 7 games (malik won 1).

We saw the same thing happen with our DL and now it's exponentially better in a single year. Wonder why.

Advertisement
The oline is much worse this year. Richt has some explaining to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well, new system and he's slower pulling the trigger....that's not helping.

Ok. Even if we accept the notion that our OL talent, despite containing a few 4 stars and even one 5 star, is worse than Liberty, Tennessee, Boston College, UNC, ECU, and Syracuse, the dudes who played for VT tonight against us only had 7 sacks total against those 6 teams.

Is our material THAT MUCH WORSE than those 6 teams? VT had more sacks against us than they had against all those teams combined.

'Chise is socratic methoding us to death. You have something to say, spit it.

Advertisement
I thought no OL coach could be worse than Keyhole. Searles is increasingly proving me wrong.

Ok. Even if we accept the notion that our OL talent, despite containing a few 4 stars and even one 5 star, is worse than Liberty, Tennessee, Boston College, UNC, ECU, and Syracuse, the dudes who played for VT tonight against us only had 7 sacks total against those 6 teams.

Is our material THAT MUCH WORSE than those 6 teams? VT had more sacks against us than they had against all those teams combined.

I can't believe that people think our material is actually bad enough that the guys who played for VT last night had more sacks against us than they had against their other 6 opponents combined. Keep in mind that those other 6 opponents included such juggernauts as Liberty, ECU, BC, and Syracuse.

I can't believe that people think our material is actually bad enough that the guys who played for VT last night had more sacks against us than they had against their other 6 opponents combined. Keep in mind that those other 6 opponents included such juggernauts as Liberty, ECU, BC, and Syracuse.

OUCH!!!

Brad Kaaya is the reason for over half the sacks he takes. The rest are line issues but our oline is better than FSUs, yet Francois gets sacked less bc he's not a scared mental midget like our qb.

Advertisement
Back