VA "Not Concerned about Gaudy Turnover Chain" LB Zane Zandler

https://www.dailyprogress.com/caval...cle_0c1c70f0-688a-5d3b-95e1-df2a0f8a8042.html

“I’m not sure that’s our style, but getting excited off turnovers is definitely our style,” sophomore linebacker Zane Zandier said.
“A lot of the things we talk about all the time are less drama, more work,” Zandier continued. “So, I mean, a lot of that stuff is a lot of drama that you don’t necessarily need."

By the sounds of it, carrying a torch at the next rally in Charlottesville is more HIS style...

You dumb lb we're not bringing out the TO chain in practice. We're grinding just as hard if not harder than you but we reward our hard work in the Games.

Advertisement
Here's what I don't get. I don't get excited at all about the chain coming out. I get excited about the **** turnover. I get excited about big plays. The announcers kept talking about how the crowd gets excited about the turnover chain, but it's not the chain. At least not for me. It's the game changing turnovers. I'll never forget the OB feeling like it was going to crumble against FSU in 1994 after the pick 6. There was no chain, just FSU dreams being crushed. Too much credit is being given to the chain and not the players. Now I like the chain, and I like that the players like it, but it is not the reason I get pumped for a turnover. It will never be, "Yay, I get to see the chain!" It will always be, "Hot ****, we got the ball back!"
Of course it’s about the turnover but for me I like how the chain gets the players hype . They know when they get up on that bench with that chain on all the cameras are pointed at them . They on national tv shining . Redwine writing notes to the crowd every time he gets it lol come on now that chain definitely mean something to the guys on the team

Advertisement
He's going to be concerned when the chain comes out multiple times on Saturday. It's not just the defense that feeds off that but the offense too.

https://www.dailyprogress.com/caval...cle_0c1c70f0-688a-5d3b-95e1-df2a0f8a8042.html

“I’m not sure that’s our style, but getting excited off turnovers is definitely our style,” sophomore linebacker Zane Zandier said.
“A lot of the things we talk about all the time are less drama, more work,” Zandier continued. “So, I mean, a lot of that stuff is a lot of drama that you don’t necessarily need."

By the sounds of it, carrying a torch at the next rally in Charlottesville is more HIS style...

Who the fvck invited you to this party Zane?

Of course it’s about the turnover but for me I like how the chain gets the players hype . They know when they get up on that bench with that chain on all the cameras are pointed at them . They on national tv shining . Redwine writing notes to the crowd every time he gets it lol come on now that chain definitely mean something to the guys on the team

the chain hypes the stadium too.

That’s not Virginia’s style.
“I think we’re just hard-nosed, disciplined football players who play as hard as we can,” sophomore outside linebacker Charles Snowden said. “Like we say, less drama, more work. So we just go out there, and every man does their job, and every man executes. It’s not flashy, it’s not fun, but it’s getting the job done and helping our team win.”

Ok -- You play football and have no fun -- Miami plays football, wins games and has fun.

Advertisement
The chain is friggin' ingenious. Not only does it motivate our guys, it gets the whole stadium pumped up when the recipient of the chain stands on the bench and waves to the crowd. It's like celebrating a touchdown. Yes, the crowd is really excited about the score but the celebration adds so much fun to the play. Now, not only do our players and fans love the chain, the national media does too. Miami is getting a guaranteed high light on ESPN even against some bum team like Virginia because they want to show that clip of a player getting a pick and getting the chain draped over his shoulders.

Possibly the best thing about the chain is how it seems to always be on opponents's minds. They see it, they hate it, they will do anything to avoid having it come out and rubbed in their faces. Teams that over stress about turnovers play too tight and often too conservative. So, keep the turnover chain in your heads and in your mouths, Virginia.

Here's what I don't get. I don't get excited at all about the chain coming out. I get excited about the **** turnover. I get excited about big plays. The announcers kept talking about how the crowd gets excited about the turnover chain, but it's not the chain. At least not for me. It's the game changing turnovers. I'll never forget the OB feeling like it was going to crumble against FSU in 1994 after the pick 6. There was no chain, just FSU dreams being crushed. Too much credit is being given to the chain and not the players. Now I like the chain, and I like that the players like it, but it is not the reason I get pumped for a turnover. It will never be, "Yay, I get to see the chain!" It will always be, "Hot ****, we got the ball back!"

Are you on drugs? the chain doesn't come out unless we get the turnover...and no one is giving more credit to the chain than the turnover bc they go hand in hand.

Just crying for nothing.

The chain is friggin' ingenious. Not only does it motivate our guys, it gets the whole stadium pumped up when the recipient of the chain stands on the bench and waves to the crowd. It's like celebrating a touchdown. Yes, the crowd is really excited about the score but the celebration adds so much fun to the play. Now, not only do our players and fans love the chain, the national media does too. Miami is getting a guaranteed high light on ESPN even against some bum team like Virginia because they want to show that clip of a player getting a pick and getting the chain draped over his shoulders.

Possibly the best thing about the chain is how it seems to always be on opponents's minds. They see it, they hate it, they will do anything to avoid having it come out and rubbed in their faces. Teams that over stress about turnovers play too tight and often too conservative. So, keep the turnover chain in your heads and in your mouths, Virginia.

Well said...it pumps me up!!!!

Advertisement
I really don't care what ****** thinks. Go out there and use those vaginas for what their good for. Give them the pounding they deserve.

I said it last season and will say it again this season. If I were an opposing coach I would say no comment about the TO chain and tell my team to just forget about it and say no comment to the media as well.

Talking about it (positive or negative) gives Miami a psychological edge without even stepping on the field.

Are you on drugs? the chain doesn't come out unless we get the turnover...and no one is giving more credit to the chain than the turnover bc they go hand in hand.

Just crying for nothing.
Yeah, it’s too bad our championship teams didn’t have it. Players make plays, not chains. You can cry next year when it’s gone.

Advertisement
Yeah, it’s too bad our championship teams didn’t have it. Players make plays, not chains. You can cry next year when it’s gone.
WTF is wrong with you?!? You literally create your own storm of negativity over a topic that doesn't have a shred of negativity to it. You must be a blast at parties.

WTF is wrong with you?!? You literally create your own storm of negativity over a topic that doesn't have a shred of negativity to it. You must be a blast at parties.
Like I said, players make plays, not chains. Get over it.

What are you talking about? Why would I cry. I agreed with you that I care about the turnover. It’s 2018, things change and kids are influenced differently. It has a been a positive for the program. Why you so sensitive over it?

Absolutely. It's not the turnover or the chain getting people hyped... it's both. Of course the turnover itself gets everyone going. But then the chain comes out and the players all mob the guy with the chain, he gets up on the bench and shows the chain to the fans. Maybe grabs a whiteboard and writes a message. That whole scene adds to the hype and gets the players and the fans that much more excited. It's a good thing.

Advertisement
Back