Off-Topic UVA shooting - Chris Darnell Jones Jr Virginia Manhunt

Advertisement
Advertisement

Some really good quotes in here, including from former Cane Cody Brown.

Running back Cody Brown echoed similar thoughts about Chandler in a letter he wrote to him.

"You lit our lives up like a shining star in the sky. You had a special gift when it came to talking to people, making them laugh, making them feel loved. It didn't matter if it was someone you didn't know at all, you could talk to them like you knew them for years," Brown said. "Your joy for life was contagious and you made them happy. You were always true to yourself -- it was your world and we're just living in it."

Still no known motive. If the police have one, they aren't saying.

I don’t think I’m going too far out on a limb to say the shooter was basically insane.

From what little I have read, he seemed to be leading an isolated and tortured type of existence, and was not relating well to his peers.

You’re not going to find, I don’t think, a motive that would make sense to a rational person.

Advertisement
I don’t think I’m going too far out on a limb to say the shooter was basically insane.

From what little I have read, he seemed to be leading an isolated and tortured type of existence, and was not relating well to his peers.

You’re not going to find, I don’t think, a motive that would make sense to a rational person.
I think all these mass shooters are insane to a degree. Some much more than others.

The incident where I wish they'd have caught the guy alive was the one out in Vegas at the Country Music festival. That was a massacre of epic proportions where the guy wheeled footlockers of guns and ammo up to his barricaded room at the Mandalay Bay.

Like the UVA case, no question the guy was "insane." But, again as with UVA, was there an underlying/precipitating reason that caused them to snap?

I think all these mass shooters are insane to a degree. Some much more than others.

The incident where I wish they'd have caught the guy alive was the one out in Vegas at the Country Music festival. That was a massacre of epic proportions where the guy wheeled footlockers of guns and ammo up to his barricaded room at the Mandalay Bay.

Like the UVA case, no question the guy was "insane." But, again as with UVA, was there an underlying/precipitating reason that caused them to snap?
Interesting question.

I don't like throwing out "crazy" and insane" too quickly; however, this isn't strictly a matter of legal purposes or terminology. I don't like to essentially make an excuse for someone who commits a crime, particularly one as heinous as this subject matter.

That said, there is a degree of dissociation, lack of empathy, and lack of respect for human life (self- respect and for others) that appears to be a common thread among these shooters.

This set up in my barbershop if anyone wants to contribute to the family.
647BC7FF-D5DB-4858-9E11-BDB0595EC493.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back