UVA picked to win the Coastal

Advertisement
I will be very disappointed if UVA’s visit to Hard Rock this season turns out any different from UNC’s visit to Hard Rock last season.

BTW, when was the last time Virginia even beat Virginia Tech? Does anyone know?

I will be very disappointed if UVA’s visit to Hard Rock this season turns out any different from UNC’s visit to Hard Rock last season.

BTW, when was the last time Virginia even beat Virginia Tech? Does anyone know?

I think it’s about 15 years. They are absolutely rabid about the prospects of winning that game this year. I saw a poll somewhere and more UVA fans picked beating VT this year over winning the coastal. It’s an insanely long streak.

Perkins isn't quite as bad as Miami fans would like to belive:

One of two players in the nation with 2,600+ passing yards (2,680) and 900+ rushing yards (923), joining Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray (Oklahoma) ... finished No. 1 in the ACC and No. 13 in the nation with 206 points responsible for ... also was No. 3 in the ACC and No. 21 in the nation with 3,603 yards of total offense ... set the UVA single-season record for total offense with 3,603 yards ... set the UVA single-season record with 34 touchdowns responsible for ... tied the UVA single-season record for 100-yard rushing games by a quarterback with four ... his completion percentage of 64.5 percent ranks No. 3 all-time on UVA's single-season ledger ... his 25 passing touchdowns are tied with Kurt Benkert (2017) for No. 2 all-time on UVA's single-season list ... the 25 passing touchdowns also put him in a tie for No. 2 in the ACC ..

Advertisement

One of two players in the nation with 2,600+ passing yards (2,680) and 900+ rushing yards (923), joining Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray (Oklahoma) ... finished No. 1 in the ACC and No. 13 in the nation with 206 points responsible for ... also was No. 3 in the ACC and No. 21 in the nation with 3,603 yards of total offense ... set the UVA single-season record for total offense with 3,603 yards ... set the UVA single-season record with 34 touchdowns responsible for ... tied the UVA single-season record for 100-yard rushing games by a quarterback with four ... his completion percentage of 64.5 percent ranks No. 3 all-time on UVA's single-season ledger ... his 25 passing touchdowns are tied with Kurt Benkert (2017) for No. 2 all-time on UVA's single-season list ... the 25 passing touchdowns also put him in a tie for No. 2 in the ACC ..
Those stats r terrific burn dude u see him play against Miami? Jesus Christ was on Virginia’s side in that game. He was complete and absolute garbage.

Certainly makes sense to me as they have a very good proven QB, a lot of returning starters, and a coach whose record is impressive. Lot of homers here but we still do not know who the QB is, there is a coaching change, and our offense needs plenty of help. With that being said the UF and VA contests are the games that will make or break our season. GO CANES but please remember the optimistic attitude before the LSU game last year and look at the results. OUR OFFENSE MUST BE VASTLY IMPROVED IF WE ARE GOING TO COMPLETE FOR ACC COASTAL. I believe it will and the key to a very successful season is the QB position.

Why would they be embarrassed? Take Miami out of the equation. How many other teams with no named QB1, a first year HC, coming off a 7-6 season, having only won its division once in 15 years, would you expect to suddenly have the media love to be named a consensus pick to win that same division?

If this is what the players need to motivate them and not last year's abominable season, then we won't win the division this year either.

They should be embarrassed because to a man they know they are so far superior to Virginia talent wise that not being picked to win their division in a runaway shows in giant bold letters just how badly they have underachieved.

We aren’t just some down team coming off a 7-6 year with a new coach. We’re a talent rich program that should have beaten UVA by three touchdowns last year and every kid in that locker room knows it.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You’re talking to people who watch 1 game a week and barely understand what they’re seeing, at best.

Miami made Perkins look bad. And he’s limited as a passer. But he had a really good year last year and should be improved. On this site though you’d think he was Malik’s retarded cousin or something.

Do I agree with it? No. But considering this from a non-Canes perspective, you have to understand where they’re coming from. Talent wise we should win the Coastal every year, and it’s happened once.

Advertisement
Why would they be embarrassed? Take Miami out of the equation. How many other teams with no named QB1, a first year HC, coming off a 7-6 season, having only won its division once in 15 years, would you expect to suddenly have the media love to be named a consensus pick to win that same division?

If this is what the players need to motivate them and not last year's abominable season, then we won't win the division this year either.

Brilliant. Because 15 years of the past is the absolute best indicator of future performance. But, yeah, your method will make all future pre-season votes soooo easy, just look at the 15 year average and rank accordingly.

The whole Coastal division has been crap for 15 years, so maybe the sportswriters should do their jobs and investigate what changes and improvements each team has made.

Whoever voted for Georgia Tech needs to be fired....

LOL I said the same thing. As I mentioned, this division is hot garbage as always. 6 years, 6 different champs. So of course it’s wide open, obviously. But GT to win it? Come on. Had to be an Atlanta writer. Or someone high as giraffe’s balls.

Miami was picked to win the division last year, that worked out well. Whoooooo caressssss

This UVA storyline is one of the most insane in recent memory. There QB Perkins is hot garbage and this season once our offense has a pulse this game vs UVA is going to be a blow out. I’m predicting a convincing 4 score victory over UVA this season
x1000

Advertisement
Back