Utah vs Florida

No, I’ll take the bet.

If Utah wins, I’ll take a sabbatical, no problem with it.
@RVACane

BDCB8006-08EF-4D11-A88B-A81B0CD06983.gif.045dd0fe6fcfa73c9f2a2c11b942ad15.gif

Advertisement
Uh, did you not see Utah completely decimate Oregon in the Pac 12 title game? How about give Ohio State all they could handle in the Rose Bowl? Put this game on a neutral site and Utah wins by multiple scores.

Also, not at all convinced UF's new coach is better than — or even equal to — the weirdo who got fired 9 months ago.

Last edited:
The nuetral site argument means nothing because it’s not played in one. If Utah was that good then the spread wouldn’t be this close even in Gainesville. I hope Utah trounces Florida but I’m not sold they will and agree with Vegas with this game being a close one.

These intersectional matchups, in which a team is traveling to an unfamiliar part of the country and playing in a different climate, can be tricky.

Advertisement
No, I’ll take the bet.

If Utah wins, I’ll take a sabbatical, no problem with it.
Take it after the A&M game, bro; because after that game you'll never clamor for the Spread or Air Raid Offense @ MIA ever again.

Its important to always remember that the two programs widely regarded as WR-U today, run pro-style Offenses. That is not a coincidence.

If a highly recruited WR picks a program based solely on how many targets he is going to receive, then he isn't very bright, and is getting extremely bad advice. Instead, he should be basing his choice on whether or not he is going to be developed for the NFL. Charleston Rambo set multiple receiving records at MIA last yr, and ended up going undrafted. While KJ Osborne played in Dan Enos's Offense, became a 5th rd pick, and is well on his way towards a long career in the NFL. This is why deploying NFL systems on both sides of the ball matters.

It also matters because this is MIA, and this program has always operated best when it is modeled as an extension of an NFL franchise. The whole question of taking advantage of what S.FLA players do best, has become less important, because of national brand cachet, and the ability to recruit nationally. This current staff is showing that ability even before becoming one of the preeminent programs in the sport. I think it makes more sense focusing on trying to minimize weaknesses. The teams that seem to be the most successful, and contend for NCs every yr, seem to have the fewest of those 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
They’ve got Dexter and Ventrell Miller and a whole lack of any depth up the middle. They’re gonna get gashed and chunked to death.
Don’t sell Watson short, he’s good for a play maybe even a play and a half

Advertisement
Take it after the A&M game, bro; because after that game you'll never clamor for the Spread or Air Raid Offense @ MIA ever again.

Its important to always remember that the two programs widely regarded as WR-U today, run pro-style Offenses. That is not a coincidence.

If a highly recruited WR picks a program based solely on how many targets he is going to receive, then he isn't very bright, and is getting extremely bad advice. Instead, he should be basing his choice on whether or not he is going to be developed for the NFL. Charleston Rambo set multiple receiving records at MIA last yr, and ended up going undrafted. While KJ Osborne played in Dan Enos's Offense, became a 5th rd pick, and is well on his way towards a long career in the NFL. This is why deploying NFL systems on both sides of the ball matters.

It also matters because this is MIA, and this program has always operated best when it is modeled as an extension of an NFL franchise. The whole question of taking advantage of what S.FLA players do best, has become less important, because of national brand cache, and the ability to recruit nationally. This current staff is showing that ability even before becoming one of the preeminent programs in the sport. I think it makes more sense focusing on trying to minimize weaknesses. The teams that seem to be the most successful, and contend for NCs every yr, seem to have the fewest of those 🤷‍♂️
I’m not anti-Pro style & never have been, I didn’t like the Pro-style Offense we ran when we ran it because it didn’t work with our personnel at the time. I’m in favor of running what works that allows you to be the most difficult to Defend against, when Miami was married to that style Offense we didn’t have the roster to operate it effectively & win games while doing so.

If we have a roster that’s better suited for that style of Offense now, then I’m all for it.

If we lose games because we can’t move the ball & score, then we should do something that will help us move the ball & score, whether it’s pro-style, Spread, Triple Option or Wishbone, whatever it entails, sign me up.

I don’t actually care about the systems as much as you might think I do, I just don't believe in doing something that doesn’t work just for the sake of doing it.

I’m not anti-Pro style & never have been, I didn’t like the Pro-style Offense we ran when we ran it because it didn’t work with our personnel at the time. I’m in favor of running what works that allows you to be the most difficult to Defend against, when Miami was married to that style Offense we didn’t have the roster to operate it effectively & win games while doing so.

If we have a roster that’s better suited for that style of Offense now, then I’m all for it.

If we lose games because we can’t move the ball & score, then we should do something that will help us move the ball & score, whether it’s pro-style, Spread, Triple Option or Wishbone, whatever it entails, sign me up.

I don’t actually care about the systems as much as you might think I do, I just don't believe in doing something that doesn’t work just for the sake of doing it.
Well said. I actually say this at work. I don’t care how we hit our numbers. Various styles work for different people. Just find the way that gets you to your goals the fastest with what you have to work with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back