Utah St. did it again.

Yost is a interesting suggestion but Coach Richt came to Miami to salvage his pride an show he can go out as offensive guru doing it his way. Bring in Yost would require Richt to scrap his 30yr old play book. Not to mention it would cause Thomas Brown and Ron Dugans to leave since they would lose play OF and passing game coordinator, perceived responsibility which they plan to use to land an OC job somewhere.

Miami would need to replace them as well, which would have coach Rich t surrounded by strangers on his offensive staff and that is not his working retirement plan.

Go Canes
This is exactly what this team needs. With the right OC (David Yost), Richt will then have two extremely exciting coordinators and that will spark recruiting, game attendance, and most of all winning football games. That's a retirement plan.

Advertisement
Seems like BYU had Yost's number, because despite getting 7 turnovers from USU defense, USU only won by 6 points.

BYU is consistently 40+ spots ahead of USU in recruiting year over year.

The fact that USU is even close to BYU on the scoreboard is amazing. Let alone beating the brakes off of them at their house this year.

If an OC isn’t hired then Richts tenure isn’t going to last, when the people that only look for the positives start only finding bullshyt, then there’s a serious problem. Richts schemes aren’t working with our personnel and you know the banners are gonna start flying. I’m fine with the banners stating Richt to hire an OC bc it wouldn’t cause too much turmoil in the program, but if he doesn’t make the necessary changes then he is digging his own grave. He is on the verge of losing the fan base and his team and he better check himself.

Did a quick google search on David Yost and first result was the guy who played the blue power ranger. I was pretty **** confused for a quick second.

Advertisement
He is on the verge of losing the fan base and his team and he better check himself.

A bunch of posters have been posting hysterical stuff on here since Saturday night. I'm not sure that means he is on the verge of losing the fan base and his team.

I don't know how accurate these numbers are from USAtoday, because based on these Yost is not the highest paid Utah St offensive coach. But if these numbers are true Miami could steal him away for $350k year base with a $150k insensitive bonus structure for offensive production and a 50k annual retention increase on a 4 year contract. It would be less than the $600k Coach Thomas Brown is currently getting for be a mouth piece. But in 2 yrs he would be making more than Brown if brown is still on staff.

Link to article on Browns salary
https://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/spo...ollow-mark-richt-miami/pU6x9EeDdRceJSUYyUNUmO

David Yost, Utah State
YEAR,POSITION, SCHOOL, SCHOOL PAY, OTHER, TOTAL MAX BONUS, PRIOR YEAR’S BONUSES PAID
2017Assistant Utah State$102,180 $0 $102,180 $20,000-
2016 Assistant Oregon $353,600 $0 $353,600 $216,666--
2015 Assistant Washington State $241,500 $1,500 $243,000 $30,188-
2014 Assistant Washington State $241,500 $1,500 $243,000 $30,188
--2013 Assistant Washington State $201,500 $0 $201,500 $25,187
--2012 Assistant Missouri $364,750- - $364,750 $123,667
--2011 Assistant Missouri $320,000 $0$320,000 $108,750
-2010 Assistant Missouri $310,000 $200 $310,200 $108,750
--2009 Assistant Missouri $310,000 $10,200 $320,200 $103,333

Looks like he took a big pay cut to become an OC. Still too early to judge him as some mastermind OC in my opinion.

A bunch of posters have been posting hysterical stuff on here since Saturday night. I'm not sure that means he is on the verge of losing the fan base and his team.
It starts with a spark...

Advertisement
Looks like he took a big pay cut to become an OC. Still too early to judge him as some mastermind OC in my opinion.

Yost has been coaching for 22yrs, he was the OC at Mizzou when they lit up the big 12 averaging 43 points per game. An also consider this he comes from a coaching tree that preaches 1st team to 50 points wins which would be an upgrade to our current philosophy of 13 points and a cloud of dust.

Go Canes

Yost has been coaching for 22yrs, he was the OC at Mizzou when they lit up the big 12 averaging 43 points per game. An also consider this he comes from a coaching tree that preaches 1st team to 50 points wins which would be an upgrade to our current philosophy of 13 points and a cloud of dust.

Go Canes
😂😂😂😂 Or whoever has the oldest playbook?

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...nsive-coordinator-aaron-kromer-shane-waldron/

Several teams are taking the approach of having two OCs- a run game coordinator and a pass game coordinator. Rick can keep the title of run game coordinator so he keeps his pride of being an OC intact. Yost or Briles can be the pass game OC. And Jon Rick can be given a bullsh#t ceremonial title like "Offensive Coordinator Liasion" so he can be kept on staff (Mark Rick will require it) but far away from the QBs. Win win win. Boom- problem solved.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
700+ yards.
61 total points. Offense put up 54 of those.
Backups in basically the entire 2nd half.

That's what a real offense is supposed to do to weak conference opponents.

They once again have a "best" at a coordinator position. They had Dave Aranda a few years ago at DC and 2 of us here lobbied very hard for him to get hired by UM (me and @Paranos ) we failed at our lobbying attempt. Now he is a God somewhere else.

Utah State's OC David Yost is the best in the country. Don't let his mop cut fool you. He's a genius.

If we were smart we would scoop him up as soon as the season is finished.But we won't. We will keep young John Richt because he is daddy's boy and we wouldn't want him to get his feelz hurt.

Embrace the suck. That's what we called it when I was in the military.

Embrace the suck.
agree with u because u know Butch is a God.....hire this man.

Advertisement
Back