USF Grad Transfer TE Kano Dillon

I’m an old fart and I wouldn’t be dropping passes like Irving and Polyester. Can we put shock collars on them, so Hartley can zap em if they drop it? Pretty rediculous if they can’t catch everything at this level. Surprised the Njoku to TE chants haven’t started. He and Perry can go on a mega-high carb steroid induced weight gaining program together.

Advertisement
So you have full faith in Irvin is what I'm understanding.
Nope I dont. But I have Faith in Jordan and Mallory. People can say they are freshman if you want to but these are 2 of the elite pass catching tight ends in the country and Brevin happens to be an excellent blocker

Nope I dont. But I have Faith in Jordan and Mallory. People can say they are freshman if you want to but these are 2 of the elite pass catching tight ends in the country and Brevin happens to be an excellent blocker

Seriously brock. What is the downside of taking a 1 year rental with schollies open. Injuries happen. God forbid Jordan went down do you really want to trot out Mallory and Irvin all year...come the f on. Did you not see what happen after Herndon went down?

I have watched him live and he is not a bad player. In fact, in many situations he would be much better than Irv. Low risk that costs nothing since we have extra scholarships

Advertisement

I love those two, but injuries happen. If we have open shollies (we do), why not take out some insurance. I don't know if Kano is the right guy or not, but I wouldn't mind adding a capable TE to the roster. A one-year "rental" would work really well.

We need to take a grad transfer at TE so we don't end up like last year when CH went down.I don't consider four tight ends and three with no game experience real depth. I feel Brevin can play right away, but Mallory needs to add some weight.If Mallory could redshirt that would be even better.

TE isn't an easy position to master when u make leaps to playing against better competition... Look at how long it takes typical TEs in the NFL to find their groove, I feel it's the same somewhat from going to HS to D1 ... I don't want to have to depend on freshman at TE to make plays, not at all... I'm 100% fine with having them in the mix but not full time catching and blocking ... Any word on Irvin improving? I wonder what the staff truly expects out of him and B Po , no reason Po shouldn't be able to contribute more n more in blocking situations... Am I hyped about the kid we were talking about here at TE from South FL? Not really, buuuuut I can see where his hands could come in useful in certain situations... How is he as a run/pass blocker? That's where most of my concern lies with this position this coming season ... Brevin can make plays from day 1 and I hear he can block but he will need some S&C before he can take on more of those duties... At least he's somewhat ready at blocking tho... Mallory needs more time to build up his body but his hands are capable day 1 as well

Advertisement
It’s up to Irvin whether we pursue a GT TE. By the looks of it, he still can’t get his diet under control. He was completely underwhelming against Clemson and Wisky. If he doesn’t show out, we’ll go find his replacement shortly after spring.

Jordan and Mallory are studs. Calm down.
Malory needs to put on weight. n'He can't play the inside TE position as a freshman. He needs to redshirt or play the flex TE only. I say bring in the dude from USF and let them all compete. He'll only be here for 1 year. We are not using all 85 scholarships. We have scholarships open and would get it back after the season. It's a NO- BRAINER to me. Send a message if the guys we have are not getting it done.

Even if the grad transfer doesn't pan out, nothing is lost.

I’m all for rolling with the 2 headed monster this year & secure 2 more for ‘19....Hodges and ?

MOAR OL/DL please

Advertisement
Exactly and I for one know this kids grinding now and is trying to get to the league so I know he’s gonna come hard wherever he goes this year

Malory needs to put on weight. n'He can't play the inside TE position as a freshman. He needs to redshirt or play the flex TE only. I say bring in the dude from USF and let them all compete. He'll only be here for 1 year. We are not using all 85 scholarships. We have scholarships open and would get it back after the season. It's a NO- BRAINER to me. Send a message if the guys we have are not getting it done.

Even if the grad transfer doesn't pan out, nothing is lost.

Mallory is under 210 pounds. I expect nothing out of him this year. I dont see the problem or why a 1 year te rental should be a need. I dont even think Jordan is physically ready to be inline at te..but he atleast may be adequate.

I would grab this kid or a grad transfer te...allowing us to possible redshirt Mallory and move forward. Mallory has a huge ceiling..dont wanna waste a redshirt year for a kid to play 20-30 snaps this year. Irvin, Polendey, a grad transfer would be smooth as **** as a transition considering injuries will happen.

Advertisement
You don’t need a TE to run the ball or throw the ball. We have struggled to run the ball with two NFL TEs the last two years.

I don’t mind taking another body for a year as long as we have extra scholarships. But the whole “remember what happened when Herndon went down” argument is a nonstarter. We didn’t struggle because we didn’t have anyone to put on the field to replace him. We struggled because we didn’t have anyone good to put on the field to replace him. I don’t know if this guy changes that at all.

Another grad transfer will cost us a 2018 counter, which means he'll end up lowering the max 2019 class by 1 (since we will be able to back count 1 less 2019 EE). It's not a huge cost, but it's something to consider if you want 6-7 DL, 3-4 LBs, 4-5 DBs, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2-3 WR, 2 TEs, and 3-4 OL in this class (plus athletes like Richards and McIntosh).

Mallory is under 210 pounds. I expect nothing out of him this year. I dont see the problem or why a 1 year te rental should be a need. I dont even think Jordan is physically ready to be inline at te..but he atleast may be adequate.

I would grab this kid or a grad transfer te...allowing us to possible redshirt Mallory and move forward. Mallory has a huge ceiling..dont wanna waste a redshirt year for a kid to play 20-30 snaps this year. Irvin, Polendey, a grad transfer would be smooth as **** as a transition considering injuries will happen.

Jordan is already more physically ready than this guy will ever be for the starting job at Miami. And Lol at Mallory redshirting??Jordan and Mallory are elite talents and both are ready to play heavily in the rotation this year.

Saying a lesser talented TE is a better option simply bc hes older doesn't make sense. Whoever comes in as a grad transfer would be the 3rd TE on the depth chart guaranteed

I gotta remember y’all look at stats not the background jitt was about to take off when Willie was coach had a strong end of sophomore year he and Charlie wasn’t cool obviously hence the transfer thank god you not coach or you’d got fired along time ago

There. I provided you with some periods for you to use as you see fit.

Advertisement
Back