USF Grad Transfer TE Kano Dillon

You don’t need a TE to run the ball or throw the ball. We have struggled to run the ball with two NFL TEs the last two years.

I don’t mind taking another body for a year as long as we have extra scholarships. But the whole “remember what happened when Herndon went down” argument is a nonstarter. We didn’t struggle because we didn’t have anyone to put on the field to replace him. We struggled because we didn’t have anyone good to put on the field to replace him. I don’t know if this guy changes that at all.

We could have replaced him with Tony Gonzalez and it wouldn’t have made a difference.

Advertisement
Jordan is already more physically ready than this guy will ever be for the starting job at Miami. And Lol at Mallory redshirting??Jordan and Mallory are elite talents and both are ready to play heavily in the rotation this year.

Saying a lesser talented TE is a better option simply bc hes older doesn't make sense. Whoever comes in as a grad transfer would be the 3rd TE on the depth chart guaranteed

Again i dont know if you have played div 1 football But there isnt much sub 220 pd te running around. Mallory didnt even play inline in high school, he was split out wide like a big wr. Think about it..Langham is bigger than Mallory by alot and they wont send him to TE. I'd love to see Mallory try to set the edge on Joe Jackson or Mccloud coming downhill right now...good luck with that.lol

Currently we dont have 2 capable te's. Bringing in another aint haulting anything...and saying guys still in high school arent ready aint taking anything off of them. I love Brevin Jordan but he isnt our best te recreuit since ive been following recruiting..and those guys who were better than him and eventually are nfl players took some easing in. For some reason yall think he will hit the ground running as an all acc te. Wont happen.

You don’t need a TE to run the ball or throw the ball. We have struggled to run the ball with two NFL TEs the last two years.

I don’t mind taking another body for a year as long as we have extra scholarships. But the whole “remember what happened when Herndon went down” argument is a nonstarter. We didn’t struggle because we didn’t have anyone to put on the field to replace him. We struggled because we didn’t have anyone good to put on the field to replace him. I don’t know if this guy changes that at all.
Why we struggled has nothimy to do wi

You are basically saying the same thing. Not having anyone good enough on the field is the same as not having anyone at all. Either way the job is not getting done at a high level.

Jordan and Malory are going to be stars, but Malory needs to redshirt and there's no guarantee Jordan produces at a high level in his freshman year especially as a blocker. Can't see any freshman winning against FSU and Clemson veteran DE's. Any freshman TE is going to get owned trying to block most veteran DE's that are much stronger.

If the USF kid is the best available grad transfer at TE, then bring him in. We have scholarships to burn and he's only here for one year. I see no downside.

Jordan is already more physically ready than this guy will ever be for the starting job at Miami. And Lol at Mallory redshirting??Jordan and Mallory are elite talents and both are ready to play heavily in the rotation this year.

Saying a lesser talented TE is a better option simply bc hes older doesn't make sense. Whoever comes in as a grad transfer would be the 3rd TE on the depth chart guaranteed
How do you know Jordan is more physically ready than the USF TE Kano Dillon? That's just silly to think a high school player is more physically ready than a 4 year junior. More talented? Probably/maybe. More physical? Highly doubtful.

Everyone sees how a high school player is dominating at the high school level and thinks he's going to come in and dominate from day one. Ah, NO. Pump the brakes. Let's see the freshan come in and compete before we anoint anyone.

Advertisement
How do you know Jordan is more physically ready than the USF TE Kano Dillon? That's just silly to think a high school player is more physically ready than a 4 year junior. More talented? Probably/maybe. More physical? Highly doubtful.

Everyone sees how a high school player is dominating at the high school level and thinks he's going to come in and dominate from day one. Ah, NO. Pump the brakes. Let's see the freshan come in and compete before we anoint anyone.

How is it highly doubtful??.. Brevin would manhandle Dillon with ease one on one.

How is it highly doubtful??.. Brevin would manhandle Dillon with ease one on one.

Why? Cause you say so? GTFOOH!!! My point is you have no evidence and CAN'T back up your high school crush!!! At best you could only compare high school film to what a college player has put on film. That would be a stretch.

I'm not talking about just catching the ball. I'm talking about blocking. That's where a man shows he's a man. You tell me Jordan gonna hold his own against Clemson, FSU, and VT's D-line?

Of all of Miami's TE's in the NFL, tell me who came in and dominated or held their own as a freshman? I'll answer for you. NONE!!!

I don't know Dillon. I have NO dog in the fight between him and Jordan, but I gotta call out dudes saying high school kids will beat up on college vets. That's like when people used to say Alabama could beat an NFL team. No chance.

I think Jordan will be a great player in time. He's just a pup. Just stop creating unrealistic fantasy expections for our freshman.

Not only are you banking that a freshmen TE is better blocker than Dillon, you're betting that he'll stay healthy AND not hit the freshmen wall come game 9 or 10 like most freshmen in physical positions do. There is literally NO downside to Dillon coming as an insurance policy.

I'm a huge Brevin fan and i have him penciled as the starter but we have nobody yet who's physically developed enough (mallory) or shown why they should've earned the #2 TE spot. The more competition the better.

Advertisement
Again i dont know if you have played div 1 football But there isnt much sub 220 pd te running around. Mallory didnt even play inline in high school, he was split out wide like a big wr. Think about it..Langham is bigger than Mallory by alot and they wont send him to TE. I'd love to see Mallory try to set the edge on Joe Jackson or Mccloud coming downhill right now...good luck with that.lol

Currently we dont have 2 capable te's. Bringing in another aint haulting anything...and saying guys still in high school arent ready aint taking anything off of them. I love Brevin Jordan but he isnt our best te recreuit since ive been following recruiting..and those guys who were better than him and eventually are nfl players took some easing in. For some reason yall think he will hit the ground running as an all acc te. Wont happen.

Brevin is our best TE recruit since Kellen Winslow. The only player who was rated even in the same universe as him was Farr, who was our second choice after we lost Martellus Bennett.

Another grad transfer will cost us a 2018 counter, which means he'll end up lowering the max 2019 class by 1 (since we will be able to back count 1 less 2019 EE). It's not a huge cost, but it's something to consider if you want 6-7 DL, 3-4 LBs, 4-5 DBs, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2-3 WR, 2 TEs, and 3-4 OL in this class (plus athletes like Richards and McIntosh).

THIS.

it's not the 85 limit, it's that every grad transfer we take means we have 1 less initial counter for 2019. So do you want to take this kid for 1 year to be a 3rd stringer or use that initial counter on Zipperer? It's a no brainer.

Only position we should be looking for a grad transfer is DL, with our complete lack of numbers there

Advertisement
I would also like to LOL at Mallory coming under 210 pounds. That is 100% pure ******...you’re basically saying he did absolutely nothing between the end of the high school season til he arrives on campus.

some of you guys are crazy. my post isnt that Dillon is better than the incoming freshman. My point is we could use him as a TE2. If we have open scholarships (which we do), it makes a TON OF SENSE to bring a SENIOR TE (which we currently dont have on the roster) to be at least an insurance policy just in case Mallory is not ready to play/cant trust Irvin.

I would also like to LOL at Mallory coming under 210 pounds. That is 100% pure ******...you’re basically saying he did absolutely nothing between the end of the high school season til he arrives on campus.

He can do all he wants. For example Polendey came in at over 225pds closer to 230 and was way more physically developed than Mallory entering and as an inline blocker...and he wasnt close to being ready to get in there and mix it up. Route running, Hands....Mallory is READY right now. He has technique advantages...but as a pure te and an inline guy...he isnt close. Guys like Terry Mccray will eat em for breakfast.

Advertisement
THIS.

it's not the 85 limit, it's that every grad transfer we take means we have 1 less initial counter for 2019. So do you want to take this kid for 1 year to be a 3rd stringer or use that initial counter on Zipperer? It's a no brainer.

Only position we should be looking for a grad transfer is DL, with our complete lack of numbers there
Good point. This only becomes a problem if we plan to get to 85 scholarships with the 2019 class. I don't know where we stand right now. We are picking up 1 scholarship with the Sheriff's transfer. How are the two grad transfers we're getting impacting our scholarship count?

Advertisement
Back