USC did it right

Yeah, might also be worth mentioning LSU looked good in year one with Kelly. He finally beat Bama. Even Notre Dame got better towards the end of the season, and I don’t even know who their coach is. The only other year one let down was Oklahoma.
And those schools all have a more talented roster than Miami. It will take Miami longer to get the roster any where near the LSU's, ND's of the football world. Mario burnt it down to do a complete rebuild. Now did the season come anywhere near I thought it would? Absolutely not but I see what and why Mario is trying to do.

Advertisement
And those schools all have a more talented roster than Miami. It will take Miami longer to get the roster any where near the LSU's, ND's of the football world. Mario burnt it down to do a complete rebuild. Now did the season come anywhere near I thought it would? Absolutely not but I see what and why Mario is trying to do.
Speak it.

He burnt it to the ground and im ok with it. Sacrifice a year to instill the mentality.

With how they recently revamped their program. All the big money programs spent on coaches and the movement in CFB at the end of 2021 with LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc. USC is the biggest winner and I expect them to be competing for Championships in the very near future. It makes me wonder, why couldn’t Miami do their rebuild like USC?

Let’s recap a little here. USC was a putrid 4-8 in 2021. They somehow lure Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma, a dude who took the Sooners to several CFP games while coaching multiple Heisman trophy winners during his time in Norman (Miami hasn’t had anyone sniff a Heisman in 20 years). Riley takes Caleb Williams with him and gets him a Heisman and USC a game away from the CFP in year one. Also worth mentioning USC is leaving the PAC-12 for the BIG, which will ultimately benefit the program long term. USC is doing what you need to do to actually compete for championships and restoring your program back to relevancy. USC is “back to work”.

Miami decides to throw cash at Mario Cristobal because he was doing above average at Oregon and he used to play here. Apparently he’s also some recruiting genius. Most people probably don’t even know Cristobal was rumored to be a candidate for the job in 2015 after Golden was canned, but I don’t think he was even granted an interview. While I understand he had some success at Oregon and I’m not trying to take away what he accomplished there, Oregon was pretty darn good before Mario ever got there (National Title Runner Up in 2010, 2014), and they didn’t take much of a step back without Mario in 2022. Oregon has been a strong program over the last 15 years. I don’t really give Mario credit for building anything there. None of his teams actually made the CFP or came close anyways. His most impressive win was beating Ohio State in the Shoe back in 2021. It was followed up with an embarrassing loss to 4-8 Stanford a couple weeks later.

My first HC choice back in 2021 was Lane Kiffin and believe we should have tried harder to get him. He’s a brilliant offensive mind and he would have helped TVD flourish, not regress with the ancient Mario/Gattis offense that focuses on time of possession rather than scoring points. Mario has a transfer portal and a billionaire buddy who can pay any player what they want, so the “not enough talent” argument isn’t going to be strong in 2023. I see people predicting a 7-8 win season for us in 2023 which is ludicrous considering how much money we’re giving Mario. I guess I just don’t understand why everybody thinks the world of this guy, or how he’s worth what we’re paying him. I wish we went the USC route and hired someone who actually knows how to get the most out of their players instead of someone living in 1993 with their “power spread” Lol.
Well I wanted Lane Kiffin at first as well, but who knows if Mario is a good coach. This coming season will tell us a lot. As far as his outdated offense we’ll see this year with the OC

Real question: Red Pill, Blue Pill, or Orange Pill

Red Pill: 6 yrs going 66-13, 4 conference titles, 1 divisional title, 3 CFP appearances, 1 NY6 bowl win or

Blue Pill: 6 yrs going 43-21, 1 divisional title, 1 bowl win

Orange Pill: 5 yrs going 40-19, 2 conference titles, 3 divisional titles, 2 bowl wins (1 NY6)

Which pill r u taking?
Red

Going into 2023, the majority of the starters will be Mario’s guys, or players who never played a meaningful down for Manny. TVD is supposedly an NFL QB. Mario is said to be an excellent recruiter and has an entirely new offensive line. There will be no “not enough talent” excuses in 2023. The bar should be set at 9 wins, or 8 wins with some tough losses to legitimate teams. There are deficiencies at WR and RB but the rest of the offense should be improved talent wise. I expect the defense to make a big jump. Don’t we have an All American safety returning and 2 other 5 star players (James Williams and Leonard Taylor)? I guarantee almost 9/12 of our 2023 opponents don’t have that on either side of the ball.

Advertisement
How many championships did Lincoln Riley win at Oklahoma? And who does USC play that's any good? for **** sake, anybody that is a Miami "fan" loves bashing the program any chance they get.. Pathetic

all i know is is lucas plus bear >>>>>> deen and gore
Riley stacked that DT room in one class
in 2 clasess plus the portal
we have one recruit and a bunch of jag portal additions

lets call a spade a spade
Riley has done a much better job that mario

nothing wrong with admitting when someone is better than you

Advertisement
How many championships did Lincoln Riley win at Oklahoma? And who does USC play that's any good? for **** sake, anybody that is a Miami "fan" loves bashing the program any chance they get.. Pathetic
we have one bowl win in like 20 years and 1 10 win season. we aren't even worth mentioning in comparison to any team coached by Riley

all i know is is lucas plus bear >>>>>> deen and gore
Riley stacked that DT room in one class
in 2 clasess plus the portal
we have one recruit and a bunch of jag portal additions

lets call a spade a spade
Riley has done a much better job that mario

nothing wrong with admitting when someone is better than you
hes the better coach. not sure why people think Mario is his in class or that hes better than Riley. it doesn't mean Mario can't win if he isnt the better coach.

hes the better coach. not sure why people think Mario is his in class or that hes better than Riley. it doesn't mean Mario can't win if he isnt the better coach.
Exactly in this point in their careers
All objective data points show that Riley is more accomplished
I would wager with anyone that if Riley and Mario were switched we would have won 8 plus last year
A trash fsu team won ten games
Just by beating who they were supposed to
But this doesn’t mean Mario can’t become better or comparable
It’s gonna be up to him to get better
So far mario has shown that he sees his mistakes and addressing them
Just at a snails pace hahahah
That’s all I can ask for

There are 5 active head coaches who have won a championship. Two of them are Mack Brown and Jimbo Fisher. So essentially Lincoln Riley is behind Saban, Kirby and Dabo and nobody else.

Advertisement
It has been 22 years since we even were a threat to anyone. We have sucked for 2 decades.

Another one bites the dust!

20230315_133040.jpg

Advertisement
With how they recently revamped their program. All the big money programs spent on coaches and the movement in CFB at the end of 2021 with LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc. USC is the biggest winner and I expect them to be competing for Championships in the very near future. It makes me wonder, why couldn’t Miami do their rebuild like USC?

Let’s recap a little here. USC was a putrid 4-8 in 2021. They somehow lure Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma, a dude who took the Sooners to several CFP games while coaching multiple Heisman trophy winners during his time in Norman (Miami hasn’t had anyone sniff a Heisman in 20 years). Riley takes Caleb Williams with him and gets him a Heisman and USC a game away from the CFP in year one. Also worth mentioning USC is leaving the PAC-12 for the BIG, which will ultimately benefit the program long term. USC is doing what you need to do to actually compete for championships and restoring your program back to relevancy. USC is “back to work”.

Miami decides to throw cash at Mario Cristobal because he was doing above average at Oregon and he used to play here. Apparently he’s also some recruiting genius. Most people probably don’t even know Cristobal was rumored to be a candidate for the job in 2015 after Golden was canned, but I don’t think he was even granted an interview. While I understand he had some success at Oregon and I’m not trying to take away what he accomplished there, Oregon was pretty darn good before Mario ever got there (National Title Runner Up in 2010, 2014), and they didn’t take much of a step back without Mario in 2022. Oregon has been a strong program over the last 15 years. I don’t really give Mario credit for building anything there. None of his teams actually made the CFP or came close anyways. His most impressive win was beating Ohio State in the Shoe back in 2021. It was followed up with an embarrassing loss to 4-8 Stanford a couple weeks later.

My first HC choice back in 2021 was Lane Kiffin and believe we should have tried harder to get him. He’s a brilliant offensive mind and he would have helped TVD flourish, not regress with the ancient Mario/Gattis offense that focuses on time of possession rather than scoring points. Mario has a transfer portal and a billionaire buddy who can pay any player what they want, so the “not enough talent” argument isn’t going to be strong in 2023. I see people predicting a 7-8 win season for us in 2023 which is ludicrous considering how much money we’re giving Mario. I guess I just don’t understand why everybody thinks the world of this guy, or how he’s worth what we’re paying him. I wish we went the USC route and hired someone who actually knows how to get the most out of their players instead of someone living in 1993 with their “power spread” Lol.
All I know is this:
Year 1
USC - lost in NY6 bowl game
Miami - bowl ineligible

We'll see how both coaches perform in Year 2.

People complain about our lack of commits, but USC currently has THREE commits for 2024!!

Was Lincoln Riley going to ever coach at Miami? No

Was Oklahoma good before Lincoln Riley? Yes

USC doesn't have anything to do with Miami, nor does Oklahoma.

Who knows what the future holds but your post is constructed like a little kid that saw the end results, then screams "I told you so". Keep in mind, Lincoln Riley has never won **** as a head coach. Bob Stoops did though, so in reality, Riley was a disappointment for Oklahoma in terms of overall success.

Unless you are Saban, Meyer, Smart, or Dabo, you are pretty much in the same boat and right now Dabo's boat is beginning to sink, while Urban played grabass one too many times.

Advertisement
Back