USC did it right

USC did it right?

I don't think we know yet.
Yes, we can question Mario, true....but Lincoln Riley is "it"?

I like Riley, but his teams at OU went 0-4 in the CFBPO and gave up an average of 50.....that's 5-0...points per game.
He's a genius play caller they want short term success. Where when u stack u going for long term success. If he gets bodied on a regular basis by the SEC then what's the point? Is that success? Cause I'm sure for Oklahoma they don't count that as successful.

Advertisement
If you give Mario and Riley the same exact roster, Riley will have a better record 10 out of 10 years. He is a better coach. There’s nothing you can argue. Mario has my support fully as I think he can be somewhat successful here but you are lying to yourself if you don’t think Miami would be better off with Riley long term.
I do disagree with the "long term" part tho. I think Mario is better suited for the "long term" rebuild than Riley. I feel like Riley would give us about 2 good years than dip to a better situation lol

He's a genius play caller they want short term success. Where when u stack u going for long term success. If he gets bodied on a regular basis by the SEC then what's the point? Is that success? Cause I'm sure for Oklahoma they don't count that as successful.
They finished 8th in high school recruiting rankings last year with four 5 star players and 1st in the portal. It's not like they're not recruiting well. just because Riley can coach doesn't mean he can't recruit. You don't have to be a terrible coach to be a good recruiter.

Miami rebuilding 2022, 23, 24 but will take off in 2025.

USC was a top 10 team in 22, will be in 23, and most likely in 24, and 25.

Miami is clearly going about things better. Anybody questioning that is crazy. Got it. Thanks.

I do disagree with the "long term" part tho. I think Mario is better suited for the "long term" rebuild than Riley. I feel like Riley would give us about 2 good years than dip to a better situation lol
Lol I just meant if he stayed as coach

Advertisement
Lmao they’re not going to lose because of a culture problem.. they have many mercenaries but if they have a common goal that **** don’t matter. Miami has a bigger culture problem than any other big time team right now so we have no room to talk smh. They’ll drop a game because they get outcoached and outplayed. That happened at Clemson for years (including last year) even though in your own words “They have maintained the best lockeroom and culture in America for the last 8-9 years”

I don’t agree with OP but this is the same **** mofos were saying about Kirby for years and he bout to 3 peat 😂 (has that ever been done?). I hate USC cause when I was on the west coast the whole coast was **** riding them smh
Pause for the phobes lol
I'm not making any comparison to Miami.. I'm comparing USC with powerhouses because people seem to think they belong there. But every team in America has a common goal lol you think there's any team that doesn't want to go 15-0 and win a championship? Every team also thinks they work the hardest and "there can't be anyone out there working harder than me". I heard it for years at many levels. Just how it is.

USC is absolutely loaded. Culture matters and kids leaving starting jobs at Georgia and Alabama don't have the mental makeup. Same can be said about Cohen coming to Miami. If they're every going to win it'll be this year with Williams and while the other powers in the country are limping along at QB. Still don't think they do. Despite everything they've done in the portal they still don't have a level playing field of talent across the board that Georgia, Alabama, and Ohio State have.

And the Clemson comment was because it's a team that is recruiting in the 7-12 ranks and winning championships, not losing anyone to transfer for several years, and not taking a single transfer. They lost 5 games in 5 years, played for 4 championships (all playoff era), and won 2 of them. They won championships without a recruiting class being ranked in the top 6 and without a single drafted OLineman off those teams. Georgia and Alabama culture is built off of bringing in the best players every year and 75% of the team being NFL caliber and pushing everyone to work hard and take no days off or lose your spot. Elite S&C and elite HC's.

With how they recently revamped their program. All the big money programs spent on coaches and the movement in CFB at the end of 2021 with LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc. USC is the biggest winner and I expect them to be competing for Championships in the very near future. It makes me wonder, why couldn’t Miami do their rebuild like USC?

Let’s recap a little here. USC was a putrid 4-8 in 2021. They somehow lure Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma, a dude who took the Sooners to several CFP games while coaching multiple Heisman trophy winners during his time in Norman (Miami hasn’t had anyone sniff a Heisman in 20 years). Riley takes Caleb Williams with him and gets him a Heisman and USC a game away from the CFP in year one. Also worth mentioning USC is leaving the PAC-12 for the BIG, which will ultimately benefit the program long term. USC is doing what you need to do to actually compete for championships and restoring your program back to relevancy. USC is “back to work”.

Miami decides to throw cash at Mario Cristobal because he was doing above average at Oregon and he used to play here. Apparently he’s also some recruiting genius. Most people probably don’t even know Cristobal was rumored to be a candidate for the job in 2015 after Golden was canned, but I don’t think he was even granted an interview. While I understand he had some success at Oregon and I’m not trying to take away what he accomplished there, Oregon was pretty darn good before Mario ever got there (National Title Runner Up in 2010, 2014), and they didn’t take much of a step back without Mario in 2022. Oregon has been a strong program over the last 15 years. I don’t really give Mario credit for building anything there. None of his teams actually made the CFP or came close anyways. His most impressive win was beating Ohio State in the Shoe back in 2021. It was followed up with an embarrassing loss to 4-8 Stanford a couple weeks later.

My first HC choice back in 2021 was Lane Kiffin and believe we should have tried harder to get him. He’s a brilliant offensive mind and he would have helped TVD flourish, not regress with the ancient Mario/Gattis offense that focuses on time of possession rather than scoring points. Mario has a transfer portal and a billionaire buddy who can pay any player what they want, so the “not enough talent” argument isn’t going to be strong in 2023. I see people predicting a 7-8 win season for us in 2023 which is ludicrous considering how much money we’re giving Mario. I guess I just don’t understand why everybody thinks the world of this guy, or how he’s worth what we’re paying him. I wish we went the USC route and hired someone who actually knows how to get the most out of their players instead of someone living in 1993 with their “power spread” Lol.
get off the Lane train already

Real question: Red Pill, Blue Pill, or Orange Pill

Red Pill: 6 yrs going 66-13, 4 conference titles, 1 divisional title, 3 CFP appearances, 1 NY6 bowl win or

Blue Pill: 6 yrs going 43-21, 1 divisional title, 1 bowl win

Orange Pill: 5 yrs going 40-19, 2 conference titles, 3 divisional titles, 2 bowl wins (1 NY6)

Which pill r u taking?
its funny how numbers can be spun any way to back up an argument

Advertisement
Y'all also have to stop being so **** delusional. At this very moment, if you would rather be in Miami's situation than USC's.......... Ay man, that's a different level of fandom and diehardness I just haven't achieved yet lol
Aye you slowly starting to sound like me

Aye you slowly starting to sound like me
Not Bad Kind Of GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Real question: Red Pill, Blue Pill, or Orange Pill

Red Pill: 6 yrs going 66-13, 4 conference titles, 1 divisional title, 3 CFP appearances, 1 NY6 bowl win or

Blue Pill: 6 yrs going 43-21, 1 divisional title, 1 bowl win

Orange Pill: 5 yrs going 40-19, 2 conference titles, 3 divisional titles, 2 bowl wins (1 NY6)

Which pill r u taking?

Red

So who are the HC??

I'll simply say this in regards to the OP's post. If Miami wins only 7-8 games this year, while an improvement over last year, it'll be a disappointment. With a new OC, new DC, portal additions and year 2 under MC, anything less than 9 wins in the ACC will make the Mario detractors even more loud in their criticisms.

They finished 8th in high school recruiting rankings last year with four 5 star players and 1st in the portal. It's not like they're not recruiting well. just because Riley can coach doesn't mean he can't recruit. You don't have to be a terrible coach to be a good recruiter.
I'm actually surprised

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back