Urban or Mario

Advertisement
You really think that Miami is going to spend 8-10 million per year for Urban Meyer or any coach? Never mind the fact that he's going to want 5-8 million per year on top of that for his assistant salary pool. Miami isn't doing that, and the only thing getting involved with that bidding war would serve to do is get SC to pay even more.

Stop thinking that there's only 1-2 coaches that can win here. A forward thinking, intelligent AD would look at the available budget and find a quality HC that not only fits the budgetary requirements, but gives him enough budgetary flexibility to hire a high performing staff to work with said coach. Unless some donor is willing to personally subsidize the Meyer hire, with the proper outlays for support and assistants, it's a nonstarter.

Advertisement
Does anyone actually believe there's even a chance we could ever hire Urban or is this just some dumbass troll job?

I've said it before, but there zero chance Urban would come here for a plethora of reasons.

Jacksonville went 1-15 last year. There is no way Urban and Shadid didn’t expect struggles the first season especially breaking in a new QB. He is not going to be available this year.

Those are the only two choices this off-season. Urban will be done in Jax, he’s 0-3 and it’s ugly.

USC likely to pony up for either of those two. Miami needs to get its head out of its a*s and get in the game with USC for these guys.
Urban is impossible. Mario is slightly less unlikely

Urban ain't comin here...but
....and keep this quiet....Gruden was seen on a yacht with the top realtor in Gables...
again - please keep this quiet...I know I can trust you, Mel.

Advertisement
He's already stated USC is a superior job to Miami because the highschool players have a higher football IQ in So Cal.
Those Miami-area kids who went to Alabama seem to have a pretty high football IQ.

Wonder why that is (or why SoFla has more NFL players per capita than So Cal, Atl, DFW, Houston, etc)?

This "Florida players are stupid" stuff just seems like excuse-making for bum-*** coaches like Diaz, Norvell, McElwain and the rest who do a lousy job of teaching and developing players.

urban will be out of a job the same time miami will be looking for a coach. not that it matters, because he's not coming here for peanuts.

My dream team:

Art Biles - Head coach
Mike Price - Offensive coordinator
Jim Leavitt - defensive Coordinator

Jen Strawley - Executive assistant to all three above.
Leavitt would end up choking the Sh*t outta one, or all three.......Oh wait....

Advertisement
Those Miami-area kids who went to Alabama seem to have a pretty high football IQ.

Wonder why that is (or why SoFla has more NFL players per capita than So Cal, Atl, DFW, Houston, etc)?

This "Florida players are stupid" stuff just seems like excuse-making for bum-*** coaches like Diaz, Norvell, McElwain and the rest who do a lousy job of teaching and developing players.

7 minutes in, Urban explains his position. Take it up with him.

I'd take Urban as a head coach over anybody else.

But yeah doubtful we'd ever get him here. OSU would take him back and ND would as well. They'd make a vacancy for him.

Mario is about as good as we're going to get. Luckily he's been learning a lot outside of our administration for the past 15 years or so and he's bring a lot of changes with him. We're lucky he's an alum and from down here otherwise I'd think we'd have no shot.

Advertisement
Where’s the post for this?…need High as AD, Jimmy HC, Butch DC, Dennis OC, Ed Redd Asst AD. Lamar Wr coach, Mckinny OL, Dorsey QB coach, Sapp DL, Ray LB coach, B Blades DBs.

I'd love to spend 5 minutes in your head - and posters similar to yourself.

The answer isn't an all-time great College HC (with a ton of baggage) or fold the program.

The answer is bringing in a good HC who has all the qualities we're currently lacking - leadership, player development, a rolodex of good co-ordinators and position coaches. There are SO many HCs out there who could make a huge name for themselves with our unique (besides USC) situation.

The argument from posters was that Urban wouldn't come here because he thinks its not an attractive program. If that is true, then we're not going to get anyone great, and anyone that would come would stay for a couple years, max.

A guy like Urban takes good programs and makes them great - you pay up for that kind of coach if you want the football program to be relevant. It's doubtful that Miami admin cares, so when we go out next year and hire someone besides Urban (or maybe Mario), expect more of the same from Miami football. 5 more years of irrelevance and message board b*tching.

All anyone talks about is how much these guys cost, without ever thinking about how much revenue a great program brings in from Football, and the impact it has on the number of applicants / academic profile. Laugh all you want about my post, it doesn't matter to me. I can't wait for the unbridled optimism of the people on this board when we hire some guy with no real proven track record of winning big, but I see that every week with sunshine pumpers talking about the potential of guys like Flagg.

The argument from posters was that Urban wouldn't come here because he thinks its not an attractive program. If that is true, then we're not going to get anyone great, and anyone that would come would stay for a couple years, max.

Advertisement
Back