Urban Meyer on Miami Job

Without picking sides, I'm in agreement with this. Look, Urban clearly has an agenda by burying Miami, he did it for years at Florida. In one breath, he praises USC for being close in proximity to talent, yet, in the next breath, he hates on Miami despite it having a similar recruiting hotbead of talent and the dynamics of the schools being very similar.

That said, I think the gist of his argument is, if you think you can go to a school like Miami, FSU, or Florida and not identity, recruit, and develop the right kids, you will struggle like Shannon, Golden, later years of Coker, and now Manny has. I think people saw what Erickson did and underestimated that he was actually a **** good xs and os coach and could identify talent. Butch was fabulous at identifying talent and developing that talent.

These modern coaches that UM has hired, overestimated their skill set and underestimated how much work it actually takes to win a championship at Miami. This is why I know Manny will fail eventually because he clearly has not put in the work necessary to be successful. Too much bravado, chains, yachts, and not enough work.
"Butch was fabulous at identifying and developing talent" yet many claim to be fans and root tooth, nail and claw to rail against his return.

Advertisement
Nobody knows your lying ***. You “moved from lb’s” when Brian Powell uncle has been the lb coach for years even after I coached and he just took a job to be a police officer. Lying ***🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I asked if they knew a “ryan” or “macho” and they’re laughing their asses off. You’re just one of those fan boys they give a shirt to and you stand on the sideline and cheer. Aaron still runs the Db’s. Lying mfer didn’t think someone would find you out.

make me post the screenshots so I can BODY your lying *** 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

You're right, bro. This must be another @CoachMacho in these tweets. Lmao
Screenshot_2019-12-12-19-28-07(1).pngScreenshot_2019-12-12-19-35-30(1).png

Man STFU. You didn't talk to anybody around this program.

I told your a$$ to call Jevon. You didn't.
You won't tell me who you're family on the team is.

Stop clout chasing on here trying to expose somebody. You're making yourself look stupid.

You're right, bro. This must be another @CoachMacho in these tweets. Lmao
View attachment 104933View attachment 104934

Man STFU. You didn't talk to anybody around this program.

I told your a$$ to call Jevon. You didn't.
You won't tell me who you're family on the team is.

Stop clout chasing on here trying to expose somebody. You're making yourself look stupid.
You're not black at all!

Just some food for thought (I personally don't lean one way or another), but it seems the most successful teams in CFB recruit on a more national scale.

Oregon's recruiting class features commits from 14 different states.
Alabama's recruiting class features commits from 9 different states.
Clemson's recruiting class features commits from 11 different states.
LSU's recruiting class features commits from 12 different states.
Ohio St's recruiting class features commits from 13 different states.
UGA's recruiting class features commits from 6 different states (Only 14 total commitments to date, however).
Oklahoma's recruiting class features commits from 9 different states.
Michigan's recruiting class features commits from 14 different states.
Texas A&M's recruiting class features commits from 9 different states.

Miami's recruiting class features commits from 7 different states.
Florida's recruiting class features commits from 6 different states.
FSU's recruiting class features commits from 3 different states.
Texas's recruiting class features commits from 2! states (all from Texas except 5-star WR Bijan Robinson from Arizona)

Now there are exceptions to this trend. For example, Auburn only has commits from 6 different states (heavy presence in GA and TX). Do I think it's a necessity to lock down Florida players? Absolutely. Do I think we should be more open to recruiting on a national scale? Absolutely.

The problem I have is taking S. Fla kids just to take them and "build relationships" or "he's got potential in 2-3 years". There's been too many of those where instead we can just extend our recruiting zone to a more national scale. It goes without saying that coaching has a HUGE say in the development of players, and if we don't have the coaches to develop them, why keep taking S. FLA kids who need that development?

To reiterate, I think there just needs to be more of a balance going forward and not an obsession with only kids from Florida. It can and most certainly will be the backbone of this team, but let's not act like just because other kids aren't from Florida that they're automatically worse.

Just some food for thought (I personally don't lean one way or another), but it seems the most successful teams in CFB recruit on a more national scale.

Oregon's recruiting class features commits from 14 different states.
Alabama's recruiting class features commits from 9 different states.
Clemson's recruiting class features commits from 11 different states.
LSU's recruiting class features commits from 12 different states.
Ohio St's recruiting class features commits from 13 different states.
UGA's recruiting class features commits from 6 different states (Only 14 total commitments to date, however).
Oklahoma's recruiting class features commits from 9 different states.
Michigan's recruiting class features commits from 14 different states.
Texas A&M's recruiting class features commits from 9 different states.

Miami's recruiting class features commits from 7 different states.
Florida's recruiting class features commits from 6 different states.
FSU's recruiting class features commits from 3 different states.
Texas's recruiting class features commits from 2! states (all from Texas except 5-star WR Bijan Robinson from Arizona)

Now there are exceptions to this trend. For example, Auburn only has commits from 6 different states (heavy presence in GA and TX). Do I think it's a necessity to lock down Florida players? Absolutely. Do I think we should be more open to recruiting on a national scale? Absolutely.

The problem I have is taking S. Fla kids just to take them and "build relationships" or "he's got potential in 2-3 years". There's been too many of those where instead we can just extend our recruiting zone to a more national scale. It goes without saying that coaching has a HUGE say in the development of players, and if we don't have the coaches to develop them, why keep taking S. FLA kids who need that development?

To reiterate, I think there just needs to be more of a balance going forward and not an obsession with only kids from Florida. It can and most certainly will be the backbone of this team, but let's not act like just because other kids aren't from Florida that they're automatically worse.

We need to keep the elite FL players home - and in Coral Gables. That's the major issue. Not our inability to diversify our search.

Advertisement
Instead of "LMAO", "Wow", and "Yeah okay" type responses, why don't you guys explain why four years of recruiting among the top four teams has resulted in fewer than five impact players? I mean, I've heard that those schools live in south Florida and send their best recruiters to south Florida and burn all their resources in south Florida......but there is very little evidence of that.

I COACH IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND SEE THEM WITH MY OWN EYES....enough evidence for u baser?

I don’t care what board it is. I’m not a homer like y’all. I love the game of football as much as I love the canes. Y’all just can’t see past your own homerism. If it isn’t bashing everything else it’ll never make sense to you bums.

Jack ***..Bobby Bowden doesnt have that many National Championships because he was being beaten by the CANES.

Your not a homer...just a duck.

I’m a deerfield buck alum and former football playER and coach in the early part of the 2000’s.

I know the history and all the greats that have been thru those halls. From Crudup, Tramaine Hall, Kerry Sutton, Justin Hawkins, Jimmy overstreet,Nick Ricks, Mcdougle family, Gowdy family, Steve ***in,
Having money doesn’t equate to having talent. We’ve been the best program in broward behind St. thomas for the past 15-20 years. Those teams do NOT have more talent than us ... when Art Taylor was at Deerfield w Shoelace and We lost to mine with Aldarious, Marcus Forston amd Jacory etc.. they were up and in position for an upset due to coaching!!!! We outschemed them, they out talented us from a total roster standpoint.
Those teams Deerfield have played do NOT have more talent than us.. they have better COACHING !!!!! I don’t give a **** what they do in their state.. they wouldn’t run tables against S. Fla talent year in and out facing these type of athletes weekly. De la sale at one point won 150+ straight .. They’d have never done that in Florida.

learn the game son.

Yea about that no....DB isnt close to being what you posted. Honestly they are known as the chokers of Broward County and no one respects them.

Off head Chaminade out of Hollywood is easily a better program...followed by American Heritage. Both private schools. I was hoping and wishing for Deerfield to push thru this year...even had a bet with another coach in the county who sees DB as choke artist.

Advertisement
A few points that this board seems to be making
- We need a really good coach to win
- We need to recruit our own backyard to win

If we were to rate our coaching staff and players as a percent of championship-caliber we would get something like this
coaching * players = championship caliber

If we believe that our players are not the problem because they make NFL rosters then the only plausible explanation is our coaches really suck. Now if we consider the count of coaches we have had we will eventually approach the point where we should have one in the top 50%. This means that either our talent is not what we think it is or we literally are hiring the worst coaches in America.
How about ‘both’?

That is not really the point of Miami. We should win because we have the talent, but all other things are not equal. If getting an elite coach is what it takes to win at Miami then we are no different than any other school in the southeast. Out advantage is supposed to be the local talent. The fact that many of these players eventually develop is no benefit to us. We really need to get 2 and 3 quality years out of our draft picks and that is not happening.
This reflects a huge misunderstanding of pretty much everything about our program, history, talent, landscape and cfb generally.

Advertisement
This reflects a huge misunderstanding of pretty much everything about our program, history, talent, landscape and cfb generally.

So what makes Miami easier to win compared to Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, and Georgia,

So what makes Miami easier to win compared to Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, and Georgia,
Nothing. We have one *potential* advantage (local recruiting), which is wildly overestimated by our fan base. We have never done **** when we didn’t have a great coach (or team built by one).

Why Miami fans think it is easier to win here is the real question. Delusion is the answer.

Nothing. We have one *potential* advantage (local recruiting), which is wildly overestimated by our fan base. We have never done **** when we didn’t have a great coach (or team built by one).

Why Miami fans think it is easier to win here is the real question. Delusion is the answer.

Why haven’t Georgia and Texas hired great coaches in the past 50 years?

Resources? Passion about football?

Advertisement
Why haven’t Georgia and Texas hired great coaches in the past 50 years?

Resources? Passion about football?
Why do you ask? Did it ever occur to you that despite your burning passion for this program, our strengths and weaknesses are different from other schools? That doesn’t mean we are better or worse overall. It’s easy to ***** up Texas and easy to ***** up Miami. Why the surprise? What’s the confusion? Jimmy ain’t coaching here any more. Butch ain’t evaluating players. The Internet ain’t a new thing. What are you confused about?

It’s winning in cfb that is hard. People who think winning at Miami is easy are part of the problem here, imo.

Why do you ask? Did it ever occur to you that despite your burning passion for this program, our strengths and weaknesses are different from other schools? That doesn’t mean we are better or worse overall. It’s easy to ***** up Texas and easy to ***** up Miami. Why the surprise? What’s the confusion? Jimmy ain’t coaching here any more. Butch ain’t evaluating players. The Internet ain’t a new thing. What are you confused about?

So are you saying it’s just as easy to win at Miami as those other programs?

Just want to get your stories straight.

So are you saying it’s just as easy to win at Miami as those other programs?

Just want to get your stories straight.
What are you even talking about? You sound defensive again. I had thought you moved past that with your thread last week.

In any case, I didn’t say it’s ’just as easy’ to win one place or the other. That’s you twisting words for no sensible purpose. I pointed out we have different strengths and weaknesses. I pointed out that that by itself doesn’t require a conclusion of better or worse. I pointed out that ******** up is easy and winning is hard. Do you disagree? Why look for rhetorical gotchas here?

Miami had perennial 8-4 coaches win NCs. And. A first time HC win a NC in his first year. He would have won the 2nd Ship if he wasn't robbed by Porter. A private university has 5 Ships with 4 different coaches - and should have at least 7 if the Sports Gods didn't hate us so much. And motherfuggers are still on this board talking about our backyard is severely overrated by our fans? ******* comical.

When has that ever happened at Ohio State, FSU, Bama, Clemson, or USC? Anywhere? Before Tressel went to OSU, dude had already won 50 11 Ships on a different level. Before Urban went to OSU, he had already won 2 Ships. Before Saban went to Bama, he already had won it all. It took Swinney almost a decade to get to where he is now at Clemson.

So, please tell me how our back yard is on par with anyone else - and not far superior. Please tell me why SFL dominates the NFL numbers?

Mofos are so confused in this life.

Advertisement
Back