Urban Meyer on Miami Job

Florida has a median age of 41.6
Georgia’s is 37.8
Texas’ is 32.4
Alabama is 38.6
Louisiana’s is 36.2.

You have to consider the constant influx of retirees in Florida when trying to draw conclusions on per capita numbers.

In addition to Florida having a much higher percentage of elderly residents, you have to factor in Georgia also has a much higher percentage of blacks (31%) than Florida (15%) now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not sure what the stats are this year, but usually states like Bama, GA, and LA produce as many or more NFL players per capita.

Those per capita numbers are misleading, why?...because Florida has a bigger population than Alabama, Georgia, & Louisiana combined.

You can't judge how good HS players are based off the population of an entire State, why?...because the entire population doesn't play football.

I think evals are more important than you do, and that we were good because of Butch and Jimmy’s evals, and they were the two best ever at it, bar none.

We've been talking about evals for a decade. The Recruiting Board is built on trying to find the next local player. The site lobbied for Ryan Shazier, Quincy Wilson, Isiah McKenzie, Reshad Fenton and plenty more. Evaluations are critical.

As far as draft data goes, you need to understand the data analysis flaw in your mentioning it. Fla is a big pool of kids. It should index higher than alabama in the draft.

Florida is Top 5 in per capita players with a ton of retirees and adult immigrants. But volume is what really matters. A good evaluator would rather have more future NFL players in close proximity. Those players are easier to evaluate because you have more access and better information. They are easier to recruit because they're close. You should be the expert on your own talent base. And the bigger the talent base, the better.

Saban goes national because, even though Alabama is loaded per capita, there is not enough volume locally to stock his machine. This year the state of Alabama produced 6 NFL players. Saban took two out of high school. Auburn got one. Miami got one. Two first rounders (Josh Allen and Tytus Howard) slipped through the cracks. It's an inexact science already and the smaller pool means a smaller target.

For comparison, Florida had 33 players drafted with 5 first rounders from South Florida alone. Volume > per capita

We've been talking about evals for a decade. The Recruiting Board is built on trying to find the next local player. The site lobbied for Ryan Shazier, Quincy Wilson, Isiah McKenzie, Reshad Fenton and plenty more. Evaluations are critical.

Florida is Top 5 in per capita players with a ton of retirees and adult immigrants. But volume is what really matters. A good evaluator would rather have more future NFL players in close proximity. Those players are easier to evaluate because you have more access and better information. They are easier to recruit because they're close. You should be the expert on your own talent base. And the bigger the talent base, the better.

Saban goes national because, even though Alabama is loaded per capita, there is not enough volume locally to stock his machine. This year the state of Alabama produced 6 NFL players. Saban took two out of high school. Auburn got one. Miami got one. Two first rounders (Josh Allen and Tytus Howard) slipped through the cracks. It's an inexact science already and the smaller pool means a smaller target.

For comparison, Florida had 33 players drafted with 5 first rounders from South Florida alone. Volume > per capita
This is mathematically false. Volume and analytic resource limitations are in tension. Too few kids in the pool is a negative. Too many is also a negative (from an evaluation perspective). If resources are not infinite, in any case.

As for Saban while you may be right, I hope you don’t think he’d be largely local in Miami, if he were here. Because you would be wrong. That aint him.

It's an inexact science already and the smaller pool means a smaller target.
Ana larger pool means less time and less info. Welcome to uncertainty and tradeoffs.

This is mathematically false. Volume and analytic resource limitations are in tension. Too few kids in the pool is a negative. Too many is also a negative (from an evaluation perspective). If resources are not infinite, in any case.

This is college football, not a math equation.

It’s easier to evaluate players closer to your school because you see them play more, you know more about their schools and you have better sources. It’s also easier to sign them.

Great evaluators like JJ and Butch make dynasties with those advantages. ****, we are Top 3 in NFL players with poor evaluators like Golden and Shannon. What does that say about the volume of local talent?

Advertisement
Ana larger pool means less time and less info. Welcome to uncertainty and tradeoffs.

It’s the opposite. You have more time and more info because the talent is closer. You can see ten prospects on the field with a ten-minute drive. You can track kids from youth football. It saves resources because everything is close and dense.

dummy you’re proving Urban point. We have plenty talent just horrid coaches like you who spend your time on message boards rather than at a coaching clinic or perfecting your craft.

the TALENT at Deerfield outweighs your coaching flaws I can tell you that NOW as a buck alum and someone who still frequents games. That staff is trash and gets outcoached in every big game.

Coaches and staffs like Perry Scnieder and Joe Redond would run laps around this current staff at Deerfield. **** outta here.

y’all beat up on Douglas, Coral Sorings, Teravella every year but the moment you run into a squad w coaching out of the district you get laps ran around you.

MF'er I WORK CLINICS.
I go to a minimum of 4/5 clinics per year. I drive to fvckin' Atlanta to go to a clinics.

You definitely ain't talkin' about me or any unit I coached, *****. That's for **** sure.

I want you to bring your bum a$$ by practice and see my coaching and how much "talent" I have on my side of the ball.
I start 2/3 sophomores up front. All 3 of my LB's are 5'9"-5'10" 175lbs-190lbs. And I gotta barrow WR's from the offensive side of the ball just so I can have a functioning secondary.
Fvck are you talkin' about? You one of these bums that spectates and talks **** from the stands.

Bring your a$$ by the school since you an alum.

I’m a deerfield buck alum and former football playER and coach in the early part of the 2000’s.

I know the history and all the greats that have been thru those halls. From Crudup, Tramaine Hall, Kerry Sutton, Justin Hawkins, Jimmy overstreet,Nick Ricks, Mcdougle family, Gowdy family, Steve ***in,
Having money doesn’t equate to having talent. We’ve been the best program in broward behind St. thomas for the past 15-20 years. Those teams do NOT have more talent than us ... when Art Taylor was at Deerfield w Shoelace and We lost to mine with Aldarious, Marcus Forston amd Jacory etc.. they were up and in position for an upset due to coaching!!!! We outschemed them, they out talented us from a total roster standpoint.
Those teams Deerfield have played do NOT have more talent than us.. they have better COACHING !!!!! I don’t give a **** what they do in their state.. they wouldn’t run tables against S. Fla talent year in and out facing these type of athletes weekly. De la sale at one point won 150+ straight .. They’d have never done that in Florida.

learn the game son.

LOL @ referencing Art Taylor and then turning around and dissing my coaching...when I fvckin' own that man.

I don't give a fvck where you played at. You don't know d!ck about football. Buford had MORE talent than us when we played them...on and off the field. We still beat them in their house in front of thousands.

Zachary won 3 out of the last 4 Louisiana state championships. Their D1 QB is first team all-state back to back years and they have one of the top ranked WR's in the country. We beat them 53-0 and held their offense to 74 total yards...after a 22 hour bus ride.

And LOL if you think St Johns don't have more talent than us. MF'ers had MULTIPLE Clemson/Bama recruits on their defense alone.

Man STFU.

Last edited:
MF'er I WORK CLINICS.
I go to a minimum of 4/5 clinics per year. I drive to fvckin' Atlanta to go to a clinics.

You definitely ain't talkin' about me or any unit I coached, *****. That's for **** sure.

I want you to bring your bum a$$ by practice and see my coaching and how much "talent" I have on my side of the ball.
I start 2/3 sophomores up front. All 3 of my LB's are 5'9"-5'10" 175lbs-190lbs. And I gotta barrow WR's from the offensive side of the ball just so I can have a functioning secondary.
Fvck are you talkin' about? You one of these bums that spectates and talks **** from the stands.

Bring your a$$ by the school since you an alum.

You won’t be there long. I guarantee you Nick Ricks gonna have your job in another year.. two max especially if you’re the Lb’er coach. Gray is the best coach on that defense and even THATS not saying much. Y’all a HORRIBLE staff and even WORSE on defense. Can’t stop NOBODY! All I hear is excuses week in and out.
You trash. The staff trash. Y’all win the district off talent and being in a WEAK conference. Like I said. You’re a message board coach.

I sit in the stands cause I’m a deerfield native and have family on the team. And week in and week out we see y’all get outcoached when you play someone with a quality staff. I’m not hard to find. I’ll make myself seen and known and say this to whoever.. even YOU!
I’ll reach out to Jevon today and see who you are and what your role is on the team and find out if you just on here wolfing.
Aaron Gray coaches the secondary so which is it? You coach Lb’s or Secondary???? Hmmmmmmmmm??!?!

Last edited:
Advertisement
You won’t be there long. I guarantee you Nick Ricks gonna have your job in another year.. two max especially if you’re the Lb’er coach. Gray is the best coach on that defense and even THATS not saying much. Y’all a HORRIBLE staff and even WORSE on defense. Can’t stop NOBODY! All I hear is excuses week in and out.
You trash. The staff trash. Y’all win the district off talent and being in a WEAK conference. Like I said. You’re a message board coach.

I sit in the stands cause I’m a deerfield native and have family on the team. And week in and week out we see y’all get outcoached when you play someone with a quality staff. I’m not hard to find. I’ll make myself seen and known and say this to whoever.. even YOU!
I’ll reach out to Jevon today and see who you are and what your role is on the team and find out if you just on here wolfing.
Aaron Gray coaches the secondary so which is it? You coach Lb’s or Secondary???? Hmmmmmmmmm??!?!

LOL @ we don't stop nobody. Yeah you definitely don't go to the games. I guess holding STA to their lowest point and yardage total all season (including their De La Salle game) isn't stopping anybody. We did that to TEN opponents this year, you dumb *****. My only All-County player is a 5'9" 170lb OLB that I moved from DB. 96 tackles, 20 TFL's & 11 sacks. But I guess he did that on his own. 🙄

Contact Glenn TODAY and ask about me, pu$$y.

You one of these "I used to play football" MF'ers that critiques coaches from the stands but won't ever bring his bum a$$ on the field. It's easy to run your mouth from those metal bleachers *****, bring your a$$ from up there.

Who's your family on the team?

Bro did Macho bang your mom or something jesus relax

Advertisement
LOL @ we don't stop nobody. Yeah you definitely don't go to the games. I guess holding STA to their lowest point and yardage total all season (including their De La Salle game) isn't stopping anybody. We did that to TEN opponents this year, you dumb *****. My only All-County player is a 5'9" 170lb OLB that I moved from DB. 96 tackles, 20 TFL's & 11 sacks. But I guess he did that on his own. 🙄

Contact Glenn TODAY and ask about me, pu$$y.

You one of these "I used to play football" MF'ers that critiques coaches from the stands but won't ever bring his bum a$$ on the field. It's easy to run your mouth from those metal bleachers *****, bring your a$$ from up there.

Nobody knows your lying ***. You “moved from lb’s” when Brian Powell uncle has been the lb coach for years even after I coached and he just took a job to be a police officer. Lying ***🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I asked if they knew a “ryan” or “macho” and they’re laughing their asses off. You’re just one of those fan boys they give a shirt to and you stand on the sideline and cheer. Aaron still runs the Db’s. Lying mfer didn’t think someone would find you out.

make me post the screenshots so I can BODY your lying *** 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Advertisement
Bro did Macho bang your mom or something jesus relax
Nah but I’ll fkuc yours though. Ask about me. They don’t call me a mfer for nothing!!! Send me a picture of that trick so I can see if I’ll stand up in it or just make her suck on it for my camera collection.

This is college football, not a math equation.

It’s easier to evaluate players closer to your school because you see them play more, you know more about their schools and you have better sources. It’s also easier to sign them.

Great evaluators like JJ and Butch make dynasties with those advantages. ****, we are Top 3 in NFL players with poor evaluators like Golden and Shannon. What does that say about the volume of local talent?
Sounds like youre just arguing to argue at this point. In any case, math is a way we describe the relationships and laws that govern life. Trying to contend that math is irrelevant to a discussion about college football is absurd and easily disproven, though I will spare us both further date on the topic.

In any case, I never said it isn’t easier to evaluate players close to home. I have been pointing that out for ages. You didn’t pay attention to what I wrote. My point was that there are resource constraint challenges when the pool is very large. I pointed it out because we were discussing relative recruiting opportunities compared to some other programs with good local talent. A bigger pool matters up to a point, and has diminishing benefit and extra costs beyond some point. Resources are not infinite and recruiting resources at UM are less than at Alabama and UGA. It is what it is. The solution is prioritization, knowing what we are looking for, evals and not spreading top thin. I have been saying this since Coker.

We are not recruiting 50-year-old players. The fact is we haven't won a National Championship since any of our recruits have been alive. In fact, none of our recruits will have memories of us winning a conference championship. We are a blip in college football history.

Actually, I would like to point out the quality of coaches that came out of Valdosta State in the 1990s.
- Dana Holgorsen
- Mike Leach
- Will Muschamp
- Kirby Smart
Quality? Leach? 😂

Advertisement
Back